Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Arizona's flag is one of the ones which gets redesigned the least only getting its colors changed since it already uses the central braing elements of stars and stripes.

This is his website if you want to look at the design statements or go through the others.

https://www.bresslergroup.com/blog/united-we-stand/

Arizona or Karen National Liberation Army?

This guy's project is like imagining US state flags as the pennants, ensigns, and flags of officials of the Soviet navy.

King Hong Kong fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jun 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

There are definitely some "out there" variant leftist flags like this one, which modifies the Castilian nationalist flag, which itself is an invented modification of the actual flag of Castile that was ostensibly used in the Comunero revolt of 1520-1 although it has its actual roots in flags used by liberals in the nineteenth century:

King Hong Kong fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 9, 2022

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

The only one that doesn’t entirely look like 2010s corporate redesign aesthetic is the middle top one.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

https://nava.org/2022-survey

some of the ones in the bottom 25 gave me chills

Ranger is one of the funniest flags in a long time. Heck, I might even prefer it in an ironic way to the kinds of flags NAVA loves. Certainly more distinctive than Reno, which looks like the NordVPN logo.

King Hong Kong fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jan 20, 2023

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

The hexagon, star, and beehive overlaid on the thousandth version of a mountain flag make that flag at once very NAVA-esque (an aesthetic I don’t really care for) and way too busy. It kind of sucks and is only an improvement over having a seal on blue.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

SlothfulCobra posted:

It's a nice video, although I am a bit tired of flagnerd posing.

Always love it when a video proclaims how good Confederate (absolutely Georgia and probably Alabama) and Mormon (the beehive) iconographies look while being mad about letters being on a flag.

King Hong Kong fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 3, 2023

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Badger of Basra posted:

https://twitter.com/cgpgrey/status/1643259508083286016

sorry I think this man should be banned from talking about flags

Yuck. I don’t even understand the desire to make these flags as generic and uninteresting as possible. In a few decades, I think people will look on this aesthetic preference only slightly more favorably than the old seal on blue.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

The flag proposals featuring photographs of the derived merchandise are a nightmare.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

2100 is, has been said, a credit union, 1154 is a pharmaceutical company, 944 looks like an animation lifted from an episode of Scooby Doo, and 1953’s color palate is depressing.

Ban flag nerds from flag competitions IMO.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

So many weak suggestions here when the pro move would be to replace each star with the corresponding state’s seal.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Man, those are some weak selections. Honestly, 944, for all its flaws, is the most interesting one left even though I’m sure they’ll go with the tedious r/vexillology option of 1953 or the Credit Union logo of 2100.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Fuschia tude posted:

What are all its flaws? I haven't really seen people explain that.

I’m not as down on it as other people but I think it’s the asymmetry, which is unusual, and the fact that the design seems like it is meant to be representational even though it isn’t, as far as I know, representative of anything.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

CGPGrey’s flag opinions are dreadfully dull. He has no eye or appreciation for something being distinctive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Minnesota blazing the path of replacing all state flags that have seals on blue with flags that have symbols on blue.