Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

Still, could be worse. :britain:
🇨🇰🇦🇺🇦🇨🇭🇲🇬🇸🇫🇰🇭🇲🇲🇸🇳🇿🇹🇦🇹🇨🇹🇫🇸🇭🇻🇬🇵🇳🇰🇾
🇫🇯🇧🇲

Coming up with a design that's simple, distinct and doesn't look like a palette swap of another design is hard.
🇨🇻🇨🇼🇳🇷🇦🇼
🇷🇺🇸🇰🇸🇮🇷🇸
🇭🇺🇹🇯🇮🇷🇬🇶
🇷🇴🇦🇩🇹🇩🇧🇪
🇹🇼🇼🇸🇼🇫🇹🇴
🇯🇵🇧🇩🇵🇼🇬🇱
🇮🇩🇲🇨🇵🇱
🇨🇿🇵🇭🇸🇽
🇮🇪🇮🇹🇫🇷
🇱🇺🇳🇱🇭🇷
🇦🇹🇱🇻
🇸🇴🇻🇳
(Yeah, I know the pan-Slavic colours are intentional)

What are these, flags for ants?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Most of the "funny" ones are pretty lame, but I did enjoy this joke:

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Platystemon posted:

I want to see one that isn’t rectangular, like Nepal’s flag. Except that this one would be in the shape of the Great State of Minnesota.

Oh god, now I want to see this for every state.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Kyrgyzstan should sue Microsoft for trademark infringement.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Platystemon posted:

searched “idiot”

quote:

Well, here's the final piece of garbage. You people failed the entire state by submitting nothing but a bunch of abstract pieces of junk that doesn't represent the ENTIRE STATE. All you've done is
shown trash that appeals to a bunch of progressives in a small part of the state, i.e., Minneapolis/St. Paul. There's a lot of traditional people in this state that HATE what you people represent and
your bastardization of our flag is just one more slap in the face. Give our old flag a new look and bring it back fresh and clean. Represent ALL OF US by showing what this state is really like and that
we are proud of our rich history and bountiful natural resources

Do you think any of the people getting angry about this actually knew what the state flag looked like beforehand?

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Everyone but that last guy is nicer than I expected ngl

An avowed Bernie supporter denouncing cultural Marxism over the state flag is not something I was expecting to see.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Those are called pendants? Not pennants?

I've never thought about them before, are there usually official versions like with flags or is it less formal?

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

New flag of my city

The ye olde one

I’m very into the new one, but I understand some people love boring costs of arms from 300 years ago

I agree with you, although the old one is definitely one of the better instances of "coat of arms on a solid color" that I've seen.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Jerkhammer posted:

Thank you so much for this well thought-out and written reply to a random question.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Waddle Bourgeoidee posted:

I think I made it more than abundantly clear that my visceral hatred for guns and other machinery on flags is irrational and without merit. I never explicitly stated or tried to imply that this assertion was justified or reasonable.

Next time, please do yourself a favor and exercise critical thinking when reading and responding to posts so you don't make your subpar reading comprehension skills so apparent. Thanks.

So which terminally angry banned user are you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Two bans in the "first" month of posting. I'm shocked