Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BonHair posted:

My Russian co-worker told me about the sane part of Russians still wanting to feel proud of their country, but without appearing to support the regime. So they made a new flag for protests, by whiping the blood off the current flag:

Pretty neat I think.

Hmm maybe add a vertical bar left-of-centre?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BonHair posted:

Agreed, Russia is rightful Finnish clay.

First, we'll take their Aunus

e: Oh wow speaking of flags:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

That's a great design.

For an airline frequent flyer card.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Was that supposed to be some sort of burn or am I missing a joke?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BonHair posted:

Suomi ei ole hyvää.

So don't eat it :confused:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BonHair posted:

You're not my dad

*smirks dadly* Amn't I?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

(I'mn't, tho)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The flag of Sweden is featured on the coat-of-arms of Finland. I wonder how common that is. (Not Sweden specifically.)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Don't be pissin' on the Crab Flag, son.

Mods please rename to the vexillo-carcinological thread, TIA.

e: or is that too long for a username?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ChubbyChecker posted:

looks like a cum rag

I'll be honest here: I've never seen a cum rag so I'll have to take your word for it. I always imagined they'd be somewhat different, though.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

The municipality of Jolo, Philippines has a pretty busy flag.

I like their national anthem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdVNpIQrggY

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Swedes are having a slapfight and it's almost as funny as the English having a slapfight.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

King Hong Kong posted:

I’m not as down on it as other people but I think it’s the asymmetry, which is unusual, and the fact that the design seems like it is meant to be representational even though it isn’t, as far as I know, representative of anything.

It's a river and some cloud.

And by cloud I mean CHEM TRAILS!!!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mildly interesting bilingual lovely municipal flag. The Finnish name is on top, but the Swedish name is in a larger type. No-one wins!

e: Oh a link to the picture would be nice:

ee: This is also mildly interesting. The flag (left) is poo poo but the pendants (right) are OK:

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Dec 15, 2023

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

VictualSquid posted:

Having pendants that aren't the colors of your flag is the worst. Worse then even the dumbest flag.

Most municipal pendants here tend to be based on the coat-of-arms, not the flag. Mostly because the flags are about 99% just some corporate bullshit, not historical.

e: Well, not just municipal:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

VictualSquid posted:

You still should try to stick with the same colour scheme for all of those. If your coat of arms is primarily white and red, then make your flag be primarily white and red.

That's a great idea. Too bad about 100% of flags don't follow this scheme.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

Flag nerds have some issues, but “too many dates” isn’t usually at the top of this list.

Avoiding hyperkalemia?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pope Hilarius II posted:

It's kind of darkly funny we're discussing the merit of script systems for various languages while posting in English, a language notorious for its baffling spelling rules, written in Latin script, a script that's historically awful at handling languages with complex vowel systems like in Germanic languages.

English doesn't have a complex vowel system, unless you're a stupid-rear end Anglo linguist who thinks diphthongs and triphthongs are what they aren't and that the fact that long and short vowels are phonetically somewhat different is somehow important when writing language down, when it's not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Prescriptive vexillology got me good.

(Bro confused vexillography and vexillology lmao.)