Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

BonHair posted:

That's Catholic, not Christian.

What's the difference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Communist Zombie posted:

I'm surprised theres still supporters of the [url='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mladorossi']Union of Mladorossi[/url], an actual soviet-tsarist group from the Russian Revolution / Civil War era. Have a different, a more royalist, insignia though (which makes sense since they were originally anticommunist.

You are overthinking it, imo, and the thought process behind the patch didn't go further than "Imperial Russia stronk! Soviet Russia stronk! Make flag of both to show Russia most stronk of all!"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I think this means Hungary is an African state? Or should own Africa?

With Africa being the new Hungary and Asia the new Austria, the Austro-Hungarian Empire's future never looked so bright

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Oct 27, 2023

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
All of them look like they are derived from the thin blue line flag. Awful color scheme, just absolutely dire.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Most of that seems easy to solve, just take whatever people fill in during the census at its face value and only update after each census. Stateless nations may be a problem, but I'm sure we'll find a way

But what if a significant portion of a state chooses their state as their ancestry? for example let's say the plurality of Texans report their ancestry as Texan / Texas.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The flag of each state should be the PDF of a committee document outlining the requirements for a new flag. That's efficiency.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The Kyrgyzstan flag depicts the sacred final boule from the petanque game in which they won their independence

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
To oversee its liquidation and liquefaction

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The gradient of grey represents the steady decline of man towards death

It also replaced the paper bag test for admitting people to straight pride events

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Waddle Bourgeoidee posted:

Controversial take, but modern technology and contemporary machinery don't belong on flags, so no guns, gears, or the like. It really pains me to say this because the Angola flag is an objectively amazing design, but the huge gear is such a turn-off. The same can also be said for Mozambique, which just inexplicably repulses because of its very conspicuous rifle.

I should probably see a doctor.

Is somebody paying you to discredit vexillologists by parading around the worst possible takes about flags, or do you come up with them naturally?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Parliament proposed this flag to replace it:

Which would've been a tragedy if it had come to pass. The flag is one of the all-time greats, with an excellent use of color and a nicely balanced but dynamic collection of symbols.

I feel like you're vastly overstating the number of red flag, yellow symbol, communist flags.

Uh, that sun emblem looks like it should be emblazoned on some failed competitor to Iomega Zip Drive (now I'm going to wait for somebody to point out I've disrespected a universally beloved symbol of Angola's historical heritage)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Waddle Bourgeoidee posted:

I hate to break it to you, but brown-nosing people like this isn't going to get you laid.

You don't understand what words are, do you?