Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Septic Knothead posted:

I am hoping some of you flag experts can help me ID a flag I saw hanging in a home office over a Zoom call. By memory it was in a Texas home, seven alternating red and white stripes and sixteen (I think) stars in a circle in the upper left. Definitely didn't match any representation of the Betsy Ross flag that I have seen. My first thought it that it was an historic Texas flag, but did not match any Texas flag I could find.

Thank You

What color were the stars? Was the corner a different color?

Can you draw a lovely MS Paint sketch of the flag, maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

With DC statehood on the horizon (I hope), what flags are in the running?

Would the state need a new flag distinct from that of the city? The DC city flag is great.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Powered Descent posted:

51 is 17 * 3, so three rows each of 8 and 9 stars is probably the neatest way to do it.

e: Someone on Reddit decided to future-proof things for a bit...

I think the ones that are actually grids (54, 60, 63, 66, 70) are pretty ugly; I wonder if anyone else agrees. I can't put my finger on why, but I vastly prefer the other ones, where the stars aren't directly on top of each other.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

You are a crazy person, the 48 star flag is the best the US ever had. I want DC and PR statehood but also the abolition of 4 other states so we can go back to that.

Just looked it up and yeah, honestly I think that looks bad. I don't like the empty "stripes" of blue at the top and bottom of the canton; maybe that's just a matter of how they spaced out the stars, but I think the spacing looks a lot more natural when the rows are alternating between lengths of n and n+1.

Maybe it's just because I grew up with the 50-star flag so it's what I'm used to, like how everyone's favorite pizza place is whatever they got as a kid.

Civilized Fishbot fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Apr 21, 2021

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Seems like it goes against the whole "non-binary" thing to have two different flags representing two mutually exclusive modes of existence.