Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Wouldn't want to see the rest of them then!

There's this one, which shows up first in a google search and has a bunch of articles about it but just seems to have been designed by this one guy with a website and access to Photoshop. All the articles mentioning it say NASA was involved but this claim has mysteriously disappeared from the website, almost as if it was bullshit made to make this one design student's random project seem like a legit thing. I mean, it's not bad or anything but who let this guy say what the flag is:

This was designed by the guy who came up with Earth Day in 1969, looks like modern versions of the flag use just a picture of the Earth rather than this original slightly more abstract version:

Here is definitely 100% the best flag candidate, created by some guy called Paul Carroll:

which reminds me of this rejected proposal for the EU flag, created by combining the flags of all member states in 2002:

Can't see why it didn't catch on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I just looked at this a bit closer and it seems like everything on there is a country except for the UN and every consistent country of specifically the UK, including loving Jersey, Guernsey and Gibraltar. But not Northern Ireland. Oh and Norfolk Island is included. A lot of choices being made here

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Israel and Palestine placed directly next to each other, just to annoy everyone

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

the bristol flag should commemorate the proudest moment in its history and depict a statue falling into a river

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Best US flag is the 48 star flag absolutely.

I'll be deep in the cold cold ground before I recognize Missourah

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I fixed the American flag:

The all-important stress test:

does that mean new states have to be admitted in groups of 5 or do you use a different polygon for each update depending on what factors easily

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Unless they're gonna rebuild the Pentagon each time, they're gonna have to find another solution than changing the polygon.

public sector construction projects are a great way to kick-start the economy

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

But was the Roman Empire a sandwich?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

i love this one for the bathos of the last line

yes it is based in racism but it also breaks my flag rules that i saw in a ted talk once!!!! fuckers

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

this is the flag mississippi deserves

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I thought for a second the ballot was for new flag/old flag, but luckily even Mississippi knows that it can't trust its own voters to not vote for the most racist option so if it loses it's just back to the drawing board for a new flag to put to voters later on. Maybe they should just keep saying no until something funny comes up

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

well hey let's not leave out the not-CIS then

it's ok we already have a flag

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

in looking that up i also found this absolutely hideous alternative trans flag that was apparently flown once at Toronto City Hall

who can possibly say why this never caught on

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Deltasquid posted:

Which spot they appear in, alphabetically. Even worse for national pride than just a picture of the borders of your state / department, is using its number in an administrative ledger.

Petition to get the department last in the alphabet to change its name to Aaaaaa just so everybody else has to reprint their flags

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

BonHair posted:

Why would you not put flags on the boat's flags? Serious missed opportunity.

No, you give the boat one of the flags along with a flag of another boat with the other flag and another flag with a boat and so on

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Also, we're not piloting lines of tallships anymore. I don't think identification at a glance from a mile away needs to be the number one priority even for countries, let alone US states.

Not from a mile away, no, though a lot of flag use is through tiny emojis these days. Unicode mostly still hasn't been bullied into including regional flags yet, but who knows what may come

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

But what if a significant portion of a state chooses their state as their ancestry? for example let's say the plurality of Texans report their ancestry as Texan / Texas.

Recursive self-containing state flags, obviously

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

ok i knew the pronunciation would be fun with all those øs but wow that sure is a series of sounds https://forvo.com/word/r%C3%B8dgr%C3%B8d_med_fl%C3%B8de/#da

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

iran making their flag normal sized because they're fuckin wimps

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

i have to respect this for taking the "star inside the crescent moon" variant and making it even more physically impossible. neil degrasse tyson is going to be pissed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

why would anyone want to rule england