Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

SlothfulCobra posted:

The New Mexico flag is still one of the best state flags out there though. It's got a very simple and meaningful design that you can recognize at a glance, and it even represents the native population, which is the third-highest proportion out of any state at 9.1%.

Reminds me of Florida first attempt at a flag.

Amusingly enough, it was apparently controversy over the motto that kept it from being adopted rather than it being ugly as sin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

The dude is also holding a whip and a chain. There was some kinky poo poo going down.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Canada, as always, best anglo country, this time in terms of national flag.

Idk I've always been rather partial to the other finalist.

Though I suppose it could have been worse.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

It kind of makes me think of one of those overdone political campaign signs you would put in your yard.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Xelkelvos posted:

https://twitter.com/MDAH_Official/status/1290302273537617925

It's like it was made ofr this thread. Haven't seen a hidden goatse or loss though.

There are jut so many I don't know where to begin.

I like all the ones that are just trying to sneak the Confederate flag back in.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I'm legitimately surprised that they didn't go for the worse of the two options.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Is that the Vietcong banner between the West German and old Yemen flag?

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Albino Squirrel posted:

E: Bolivia in the Upside Down.

Bolivia in the top left above Chile. That one is probably Ethiopia.

The one that is throwing me is the one just to the left of Mexico. The first three colors make me think Armenia, but it's sitting on a fourth green bar.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Phlegmish posted:

I rate the American flag 'not bad', but someone should have sat them down to explain that having a star for literally every state is a bit much. They should have considered adding a star for every fifth state instead, something like that. Either that or not have so many states.

Nah, go the other direction. Add a star for every member of the house and senate.

A truly representative democracy!

E. Also good idea with the added stripes. Increase those too.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Dec 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Nessus posted:

Should be fifty

There are, but the shift is shockingly subtle.