Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

looks like a cum rag, sir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Funny that people are shocked at people switching scripts when this is so common, often done in non-Latin countries even in the same sentence.

I personally use SwiftKey with Hebrew, French and English but I swap to Google Keyboard for Japanese because I found it works better. Only issue with combining languages is that some programs can't manage sentences in both RTL and LTR well.

I used to use swipe right on the space bar for French and left for Hebrew (English being central as I'm sure the aforementioned Americans would appreciate). I ended up just switching to a combined English/French one since it works and switching between QWERTY and AZERTY caused frequent mistakes.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

I mean programming languages go through a compiler or at least parsed into abstract syntax trees before actually running so you could very easily implement dialects/regional spelling if you really wanted to return aye instead of true.

Map tax for the derail (I made this as the first thing that came to my head, apologies as the pop data is from 2020 and the survey is from 2023):

https://survey.stackoverflow.co/2023/#key-territories-all-countries

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Oh crap. I was posting on both on two different derails and indeed got confused. I will get on designing a flag ASAP.

edit: oh god what a terrible snipe