Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Vermont has this sad effort:

This is so much better:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Femtosecond posted:

What you'd rename the province to however I have no good idea.

Flavourtown?

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Pope Hilarius II posted:

Is this a series? If so, can you post the rest, I don't feel like trawling through miles of Instagram trash :(

Europe is just every conceivable tricoleur with a rainbow of union jacks.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Guavanaut posted:

No ring 2/10

Imagine if European states used their coat of arms for flags, it'd mostly be animals making

expressions, sur une plat azure.

That cat has seen something so amazing its brain is exploding in three different directions.

(Maybe it just realised it's sitting on a mutant swiss army knife that's piercing a giant eyeball.)

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

showbiz_liz posted:

Incidentally, the Mecklenburg Declaration of Independence thing reminds me strongly of NC's ongoing dispute with Ohio over who gets to claim the Wright Brothers. Our license plates say "First in Flight," theirs say "Birthplace of Aviation," and they loving haaaate that NC is more strongly associated with the first flight than they are. They slapped an astronaut next to a biplane on their state quarter just to shore up their bona fides in this extremely pointless debate.

It's Connecticut, anyway

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Hey flag thread, I recently found out that Poland has two official national flags!

According to wiki,

quote:

The basic variant of the national flag is a plain white-and-red horizontal bicolor. A variant defaced with the coat of arms is restricted to official use abroad and at sea. Legal restrictions notwithstanding, the two variants are often treated as interchangeable in practice.

But my question is: do these have any unofficial political significance? I'm aware there's currently a big old chasm in Polish politics between people who think women are human beings and a super Trumpy block of arseholes, does either side favour one or the other flag?

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

She looks a bit inflatable to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

If you don't want a recognizable kind of gun you could just get Ted Rall to draw it.