Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
iOS 14 looks like an actual big update, the first since what, iOS 11 ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Binary Badger posted:

I sure hope that 'follow the focus' feature for AirPods works with these PowerBeats Pro I just bought

As a power Beats Pro owner owner, I doubt it.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Secht posted:

Call me crazy, I like this prerecorded format better.

You aren’t crazy. They’re killing it.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
.....Big Sur.....

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I have a 2012 MacBook. Still supported by Apple, but I’m betting not much longer. Runs fine, so likely any upgrades will be in a year or two when (In theory) poo poo gets more stable and a $1,000+ laptop is a more feasible purchase.

If someone was buying a laptop now, would it be really smart or dumb to buy a 2020 MacBook Air (or Pro) ?

The new MacBooks just got released and overall great reviews , so I’m just curious if people buying them are screwed out of future support as it switches to ARM, or better because the first round of ARM could be rocky since it’s a transition ?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bob Morales posted:

You'd be fine. It should be good for at the very least 3 years. If you're still using a 2012 now, that's an 8 year old machine.

Totally agree for 3ish years. Whenever I buy a Mac , the goal is longevity, so its more "would it last 5-8 ish years" support wise , both from Apple and developers ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Yeah. For my timing, i expect my Mac Air to last at least another 2 years. Its just a web browsing and email machine at this point, my iPad / iPhone have mostly replaced it. So i'll likely go with whatever Arm Mac after the kinks are worked out, or possibly a 2020 Mac on sale depending on prices.