Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

apple maps owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Binary Badger posted:

At least with pre-recorded it guarantees the keynote ends on time

are we still gonna get a close-out song from coldplay? :ohdear:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Secht posted:

still no option to take a day off?

gotta stay on that grind

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

How much does it cost to replace an Apple Watch battery, now that they are asking you to drain it at night

Or are you supposed to just buy a new one lmao

I wear my watch at night, I just pop it on the stand for like 30 minutes before I go to bed and it's good to go.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

this privacy stuff is really good

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I get that, just curious how many months before my $400 watch can't keep a charge for the day and if its an AirPods situation or what (and I love my AirPods)

it does a quick charge thing, if you watch its already at 50% or whatever it's pretty quick

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Wait can it keep a charge through the whole day out of the box?

my series 3 does two days :shrug:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Puppy Galaxy posted:

so I guess we're not getting any ARM mac announcements?

They'll talk about the ARM transition but there will be no new hardware announcements at this software keynote, no.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Plorkyeran posted:

They announce hardware at wwdc pretty regularly. Just not consumer-focused things.

Yeah, but it's not a given.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

OldSenileGuy posted:

As someone who's been spending a lot of time lately trying out different browsers specifically with an eye towards privacy, I want this new Safari NOW.

firefox has most of this stuff already, it's pretty good!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

RIP Hackintosh

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

i like the subtle hum of "computers working" they have going on in the background

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

American McGay posted:

Jesus this is pathetic. Talking about how powerful your new chips are by showcasing how Microsoft Word scrolls smoothly.

This bit it for all the nervous CEOs who approve the purchase orders

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Duckman2008 posted:

Totally agree for 3ish years. Whenever I buy a Mac , the goal is longevity, so its more "would it last 5-8 ish years" support wise , both from Apple and developers ?

Catalina is currently supported on 8 year old machines.

You'll be fine, your computer won't become a brick the day the ARM Macs are released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The Dave posted:

My wife bought a MacBook Air like a day before WWDC and her last laptop lasted her 9 years. She only needs Internet and MS office, I’m not really worried about it. (Until she cant update OSX in 3 years).

You're gonna get like 2 more new OS releases at a minimum (Big Sure and whatever else comes after I'm guessing) and then you may not get a new OS but it will still be supported for like 6 more years after.

Catalina was released on 8 year old Macs.