Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Looking at Endless Space 2 to supplement my Master of Orion habit.

Can you set up your own, stable Private Idaho using different strategic styles? Each session I try to stay focused on a pre-identified approach to see how far it can take me. If I can only succeed within the game using one The One True Path then the urge to replay goes away fast. I'm happier with a BIG sandbox so I can play in different moods.
Can you mostly auto-run game mechanics until if/when I decide to try my hand at optimization?
Is the narrative content quickly stale or have enough variety that replays aren't ho-hum here we go again?
How much DLC do I have to buy up front to have stability and variety and minimized avoidable frustrations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Xlorp posted:

Looking at Endless Space 2 to supplement my Master of Orion habit.

Can you set up your own, stable Private Idaho using different strategic styles? Each session I try to stay focused on a pre-identified approach to see how far it can take me. If I can only succeed within the game using one The One True Path then the urge to replay goes away fast. I'm happier with a BIG sandbox so I can play in different moods.
Can you mostly auto-run game mechanics until if/when I decide to try my hand at optimization?
Is the narrative content quickly stale or have enough variety that replays aren't ho-hum here we go again?
How much DLC do I have to buy up front to have stability and variety and minimized avoidable frustrations?

Having bought it, I'm not liking ES2 much at all. If feels less like riding bikes and more like hastily navigating a room full of traps while hating the AI competitor personae.

Stellaris is potentially next on my list to try. But the DLC is pricy so I need to know the bare minimum to get to give the game a fair shake.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Joe Chill posted:

So what were they needing exactly?

Hugs from the Commissar