Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Shadow Empire is a really great game.

Go from coming out of technological dark age -> LASER CANNONS -> MAD nuke each other back to the dark ages because all your industry is burnt to a crisp.

The ai is not TERRIBLE especially if you have a nemesis major.

They can and will push you militarily if you make any mistakes.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Aug 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Here is the link for the Shadow Empire game thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3926377

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Ms Adequate posted:

I want a 4x that genuinely offers AC levels of unit customization. Or even Gran Turismo, lemme tweak the stiffness of every last spring in my mech's arms or something. You really do need to either go big or go home, either will piss some people off but trying to split the difference usually pisses everyone off.

Shadow empire lets you customize your units weapons/armor/engine. Bigger payloads are more expensive and chew up ammo, lighter is less damaging but easier to spam out.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Travic posted:

Here is my map. I have chokepoints with Spire cities in Thadeon and Anachronox. But the AI has started spawning exo-waves behind it which I didn't think was possible. I thought they had to come from the homeworld. All border warp gates and guard posts are gone except for the choke points. I don't know what else to do.

I also have three cities, but only 2 fleets. Not all cities seem to spawn fleets. It also seems like the ai response is exponential the longer a spire relic is moving. So I can only get about 1 maaaaaaaybe two jumps before I'm dealing with a thousand strength. And I have 2 spire cruisers and a conventional fleet to deal with it.

I reaaaaally want this to work, but I just don't see how its possible. Is there something I'm missing?

For Spire, Ignore AIP, it really really isn't going to be a big deal, you want to actively prune away every warp gate you can because the ai will pop out exo waves from the nearest point it can get really, and you want to actively prune those waves as they spawn so they won't mob you. You also should have 1 fleet per city, and you want to build up those fleets as much as you can afford because they can take on the AI

400 Fleet power is NOTHING for spire campaigns, nothing, you will get defense towers stronger than that.

You also don't NEED to take relic trains per say, yes the AI will get a ship, A ship. One, not a whole rear end fleet rampaging at you

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I read the wiki, they changed it,

1st, 3rd and 5th cities will make a fleet. So you want to build your destroyer and frigate parts on those cities and use the other cities as supporters

It used to be each city did its own fleet but I guess that ended up being too powerful maybe?