Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alamoduh
Sep 12, 2011
You could add warlock 2, which is still ridiculously fun with the Renaissance mod. Also, age of wonders and planetfall are good (tactical) 4x.

Also, tried playing pax nova, but got so bored that I couldn’t finish. Maybe I’m missing something, but it seems extremely mediocre. I think that games like CIv VI, endless space, and endless legend set the bar so high (yes, debatable I know) that it’s hard for any indie game to compete, especially when every space 4x seems to just copy master of Orion to varying degrees of success.

I get that 4x doesn’t sell like shooters, but you’ve got everything from like Gears of war to CoD to Tom Clancy to Titanfall to Farcry on that side, and they’re all fairly different (from what I gather-I don’t like to play shooters).

Old World seems to be using some novel concepts, but it just seems like there is a ton of design space for innovation that just never gets used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alamoduh
Sep 12, 2011

oscarthewilde posted:

this definitely needs a hall of fame feat. the best and worst patch notes of all time. i still cherish the SOTS2 patch notes that featured multiple 'fixes' that really only broke the game further. vaguely remember something with asteroids spawning in stars and causing ctd's?

You could just list every Stellaris patch note in to see the cycle of fix something broken (maybe) while breaking something fixed.