Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Some other 4x's I've recenty downloaded and in the process of learning are Imperiums Greek Wars and Shadow Empire. One's greek, the other's post apocalyptic. Both are spergy. My contribution to the thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Beamed posted:

I keep wanting to dive into Shadow Empire, but I get super intimidated by the interface when I first boot it up. Is there any getting started guide that can help acclimate?

Dastactics has a pretty good tutorial that got me started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BivVweJ5-iA

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Anyone try the Pegasus Expedition, the new "narrative based 4x" on steam?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jun 21, 2023

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Omi no Kami posted:

I've been stuck in an infinite loop on X4 for like a year, where I go "This is incredibly overwhelming," spend 45 minutes on the controls tutorial, go "That was a lot, I wanna take a break before I start a campaign," then like six months later I go "...gently caress, I forgot everything I learned in the tutorial and also to start a game."

Canon event, this is how I somehow have logged 20 hours in the game