Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Sup 4xNerds. The good folks over at mapgoons (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3973361&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1) [me] are hosting our second Fall From Heaven 2 PBEM using the Extramodmod, uh, modmod. Signups just opened today, so if anyone is interested in trying it out or maybe even just subbing for someone down the line, do check it out ( https://discord.gg/ZYsAM8hbTV). Newbies welcome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

uber_stoat posted:

i never messed with it but i read about one of those and you could even play as mirror universe Feds and stuff like that. you could play as Pakleds. i don't know why they ever wanted to try and compete with the kind of crazy people who would make a mod with so much content and all for free.

pdox on a spree of releasing flops for tax writeoffs this quarter it seems

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

What a dick!!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

no one likes the exterminate phase beyond the start of it anyways, that's like 90% of the cleanup make-work

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

you'll take my gigantic civ4 maps that literally break down from memory allocation failure before the end from my cold, dead hands. I'd rather play in a wide open world of whimsey and exploration than some tiny 200 tile rear end knifefight where one decent stack just wins you the game

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

civ4 remastered for better online support WHEN firaxis

i tried setting up a pitboss server for a non-vanilla version of civ4 and it was like a whole loving cs project

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

even when there was three types i'd force hyperlane only because it gave some geography to it all. Wheeee warpgate to your capitol another easy game in the bag, suck it ftl nerds

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Lawman 0 posted:

Oh just resolution and problems getting everything to run at once.

Join us :henget:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

toasterwarrior posted:

GOD I loving wish. I did a run last year or so with the For the People mod, which is an extensive overhaul, but unfortunately it's a tad too extensive and the latest update just goes full on into an excessive amount of micro in regards to the sheer breadth of available resources and products.

Hah, I've been trying it in the past few days and was feeling the same way. like loving 100 goods and at least a quarter are slight swaps

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

what about city designers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Mode 7 posted:

According to the devs it’s “eXpress”, because it plays quick.

thanks i hate it