Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Bug Squash posted:

Only very debatably a 4X, but AI Wars takes a great approach by having the computer not even remotely be playing the same game as the player. Always struck me as Gordion knot solution that should be picked up more.
AI War & AI War 2 are great. They're the only video game 4x I've really gotten into, and they're pretty good games as long as your objective isn't to win or understand anything at all without a lot of effort.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Chomp8645 posted:

I think I see why you generally don't like 4X games.
I like most of the board game 4X I've played, but those have the backdrop of interacting with other people and creating a shared narrative.

I left out that they're the only 4X video games I've played outside of some 90s stuff. I always plan on buying the latest civ when the price drops and never get around to it. I don't mind the not winning part. In a way it gives the game more longevity and brings the focus to the journey.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Aug 22, 2020