Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

sorry this id actually the most important video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G8oHukH_pE

lmfao i remember seein that live and going insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

In Training posted:

lmao oh noo

In Training posted:

I didn't watch this video in particular but generally LordKnight does decent stuff that isn't character specific (also has lots of Millia videos if you wind up choosing to play millia)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I96nKXWRuUo

Best advice for picking up GG is to play a lot of player matches with someone you can ask questions w/ and be ok with losing a lot. Sign was my first GG and I lost over 100 matches straight against the same person before I could actually take rounds regularly.

Thanks! I don't mind losing but I want to have an idea of the very basics so I'm not wasting whoever's time. I need to eat my veggies and practice combos in the lab too which I'm historically bad at

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Arch Nemesis posted:

lmao oh noo

Thanks! I don't mind losing but I want to have an idea of the very basics so I'm not wasting whoever's time. I need to eat my veggies and practice combos in the lab too which I'm historically bad at

just getting used to being in a match is the best practice in my experience. i wouldn't spend more than an hour or two in training, it's okay to rely on a few short combos.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Just dive right into an IZI without ever playing the game

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Speaking of, when’s the next tournament?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

herculon posted:

Online? Most likely rev tuesday next week but if I hear about anything I'll let you all know.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

herculon posted:

Just dive right into an IZI without ever playing the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

herculon posted:

Whenever the Xrd rollback patch goes live for real probably would be fun.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

also sometimes it's fun to fall into the combo vortex where you're just doing like 6 inputs over and over again for 90 minutes without realizing it

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
It's also hype that a lot of locals are seeing some strive converts. Last week I saw a bunch at the Orlando monthly and it was so awesome. Hopefully we can see some more come out to stuff. And when rollback is officially out there's a 100% chance that TNS is gonna do weekly online tournaments

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Arch Nemesis posted:

I don't mind losing but I want to have an idea of the very basics so I'm not wasting whoever's time.

It's best not to think like this. If someone wants to play you they want to play so I wouldn't get hung up on "wasting their time". The only time I ever thought this playing someone was when I played the meth addicted lunatic yobgoblin after I discovered his input history and realized that he was never going to play like a normal person.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
youre just jealous of his 720 dust tech

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kongming posted:

It's best not to think like this. If someone wants to play you they want to play so I wouldn't get hung up on "wasting their time". The only time I ever thought this playing someone was when I played the meth addicted lunatic yobgoblin after I discovered his input history and realized that he was never going to play like a normal person.

When I learned how to play fighting games I happily lost to drunk dinosaur jerk for 6 hours and he seemed to have a good time too. So this.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
yeah the real answer is people who are legit will have fun with people of any level and can learn from playing people of any level. so its not a waste of time.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

youre just jealous of his 720 dust tech

I did this the other day in bracket to wakeup burst dead on time. It works

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

this is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkU4MfZRWSM

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

b_d posted:

cool gonna sign up and get owned

myu first opponent was a no show and then i got destroyed by two slayers. pretty good

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

b_d posted:

myu first opponent was a no show and then i got destroyed by two slayers. pretty good

I play slayer and I feel ya. Welcome to xrd. Hope you are having fun and if you really want to learn the matchup just message me and I can help

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

heh. i played xrd when it was new :cool: and i was also new and was unable to do anything but solidify some unhelpful muscle memory that plagues me to this day :cool:

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

Arch Nemesis posted:

I don't mind losing but I want to have an idea of the very basics so I'm not wasting whoever's time.

I also used to think like this and it was a big barrier to me ever playing at all. There's still a point where I feel like playing someone who's too much better than me is a waste of my time, though.

If you want to find people of a variety of skill levels to challenge it's probably best to join a discord, like the Imp Zone FGC for example

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shinkansen loops are gonna be killer on my hands I need a shitbox.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I haven't seen this many Imps gaming on FGs probably since the original Xrd launch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kum is so tight but I still can't do the kick loops in a real match, I need to sit down and like drill the rhythm.into my hands for 3 hours straight

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
It's cool to see people playing fgs again for a little bit. Maybe a few will stick to it

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

I've been wanting to seriously learn a fighting game for a while but the prospect has been daunting and I haven't liked the prospect of needing to buy a bunch of dlc characters, so xrd with rollback seems like a cool time to start even if it's not the hottest game any more. Got beat up by imps last night and it was fun, looking forward to more

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
That’s one of the great things about melty blood type lumina, all the dlc characters are free

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

How long until Strive is under $20 with everything included?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

herculon posted:

How long until Strive is under $20 with everything included?

6 years

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Don’t know if I can hold out that long. Game’s rad as hell

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

patiently waiting for sf6 so i can play it forever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Good games tonight all. Sorry Arch for doing the BM instant kill

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

drat we actually filled up a lobby. this is insane

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

trying to jack off posted:

patiently waiting for sf6 so i can play it forever

It looks fuckin’ sick

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

b_d posted:

drat we actually filled up a lobby. this is insane

it was some good poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I left the lobby up bc I didn't want to boot everyone else and I came back like 3 hours later and that poo poo still had 6 people in it lol. Badass

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
gently caress...i missed my chance to xrd

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lobby's still up if you want in. 241y

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Good games tonight all. Sorry Arch for doing the BM instant kill

lol no worries. Comes with the noob territory. ggs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

yesterday was a lot of fun so I'm just gonna leave another lobby up all day for any Imps who want to play

Lobby code 62lb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nvm something came. Sorry homies.