Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Probably Magic posted:

What happened to Bread and Roses anyway, I don't keep up with poo poo enough.

Then again maybe don't tell me, let's keep it firmly on gently caress Lowtax.

It's still around.

But yeah.

I only post here because I suspect lowtax is going to perma the loudest people (Idiot.) then try to memory hole the thread and hope not too many people remember, c-spam is the most active forum after gbs so try not to forget!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Lightning Knight posted:

nobody gives a poo poo about the stupid off-site or ZDR or forums squabbles or any of that poo poo right now.

this thread and the other ones exist because lowtax’s girlfriend and the lady who was running our front page has accused him of assault and domestic abuse and I believe her

don’t poo poo this thread up with other bullshit

i'm afraid that this community is going to blow up or dissappear really soon, and i want it to stick around in some form. that's why i brought up the offsite idea. my bad if this isn't t he appropriate place for that

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

nobody gives a poo poo about the stupid off-site or ZDR or forums squabbles or any of that poo poo right now.

this thread and the other ones exist because lowtax’s girlfriend and the lady who was running our front page has accused him of assault and domestic abuse and I believe her

don’t poo poo this thread up with other bullshit

what if we catch someone treating this as a big deal after previously referring to accusations of sexual assault against one joseph r. biden as "slander" lol

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I have like $100, can I buy the forums from Lowtax??

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
yeah it's hosed, but also LK those dingues in GBS making GBS threads on you are big dumbdumbs

goons need to cancel his patreon donations and then maybe he'll sell the site for a lark and gently caress right off

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

The General posted:

I have like $100, can I buy the forums from Lowtax??

woah now bud, you dont want to start high like this

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Oh Snapple! posted:

what if we catch someone treating this as a big deal after previously referring to accusations of sexual assault against one joseph r. biden as "slander" lol

idk you can yell at them about it in a different thread I guess who cares.

I can’t sleep now

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
LK can I get a sixer so I don't spend all night trying to follow this poo poo when I need sleep?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Giga Gaia posted:

woah now bud, you dont want to start high like this

I don't know where I will go. I will be homeless.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

oxsnard posted:

yeah it's hosed, but also LK those dingues in GBS making GBS threads on you are big dumbdumbs

goons need to cancel his patreon donations and then maybe he'll sell the site for a lark and gently caress right off

they are entitled to their opinions, and also I did not treat the issue as seriously as I should’ve of when I decided to be the first one to engage with it.

Lowtax hit his girlfriend and has been accused of abuse in the past by other partners. that’s why this thread exists, and that’s what we’re here to discuss. nobody gives a poo poo about other dumb poo poo right now.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I cant sleep ether but at least i wasnt beaten in my home and forced to flee to a hotel

gently caress lowtax

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i've been arguing that the rot needs to be carved out for a while it just turns out that the rot is also the gently caress bag who owns the place

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I thought lowtax was just a deadbeat tbh

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

oxsnard posted:

he's a wifebeat

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

oxsnard posted:

he could still be the unluckiest fucker t oever live but its so unlikely it might as well be irrelevant

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

remember when lowtax spent years hanging out with random gamergate nazi internet celebs lol

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i'm real loving glad his daughters have gotten away from him i hope they are going to be ok

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Farm Frenzy posted:

remember when lowtax spent years hanging out with random gamergate nazi internet celebs lol

doesnt he still do that

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

0 rows returned posted:

doesnt he still do that

:thejoke:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 239 days!

Peachfart posted:

I'm glad gbs was able to shame LK into opening this thread. gently caress Lowtax and all abusers.

gbs... good?

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

NecroMonster posted:

i'm real loving glad his daughters have gotten away from him i hope they are going to be ok

same :(

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Peachfart posted:

I'm glad gbs was able to shame LK into opening this thread. gently caress Lowtax and all abusers.

it was me, and i only posted in gbs that one time. don't give them credit

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

It was obvious really

Morbus
May 18, 2004

oxsnard posted:

we should just make 9000 threads about killing the president

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Morbus posted:

oh my god lol

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

someone make a dancing pallbears gif for SA, thx

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

Seize the means of posting

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Seriously though this is hosed up

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

sounds like the mods approve folks

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 239 days!

Morbus posted:

don't tell anyone that lowtax is the leader of antifa

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Morbus posted:

rip maggotmaster

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Morbus posted:

it is well known that the owner of this site, Richard "lowtax" Kyanka, is a terrorist sympathizer

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

i vomit kittens posted:

it is well known that the owner of this site, Richard "lowtax" Kyanka, is a terrorist sympathizer

This house was built on a terrorist burial camp

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Morbus posted:

Praxis

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I hate all of this. Lowtax is a serial abuser. It's completely hosed.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

i didn't know about lowtax's personal history prior to this, and thought that by contributing to this site in the form of avs, donations, getting banned and rereging etc. that i was helping to keep the lights on. hearing that in reality lowtax was pulling in 8k/month from patreon and buying $100 mail order cookies with the money and beating up romantic partners is rather disheartening.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
there’s really no refuge from this poo poo anywhere, is there. this sucks, gently caress abusers

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Abusers cannot be allowed to hold power in people's lives. For as long as Lowtax remains in ownership of the Something Awful forums, he will continue to use his power to attract and abuse women. Lowtax maintaining ownership represents a clear and material harm - this is not a matter of abstract morals, but a clear link between now several cases of Lowtax's status as the webmaster of the Something Awful forums, and his ability to continue his abuse.

Lowtax, you abusive shitpile, give up the forums or permaban me.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
somebody link me the cspam discord before i get banned pls (also help me spam threads about this in every forum/subforum i got all the main ones just haven't touched subforums yet!!!!!!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

BeefThief posted:

i didn't know about lowtax's personal history prior to this, and thought that by contributing to this site in the form of avs, donations, getting banned and rereging etc. that i was helping to keep the lights on. hearing that in reality lowtax was pulling in 8k/month from patreon and buying $100 mail order cookies with the money and beating up romantic partners is rather disheartening.

we’ve always felt like talking about these things in public would just result in Lowtax purging the mods and installing his own yes men. it’s happened before. we rationalized with how, that wouldn’t help the community, so we just hoped he would be satisfied with his Patreon money and go away.

today in many ways represents an inflection point where that is impossible. I love something awful and I’ve been a part of this community in one way or another for more than a decade now, literally since I was a younger teenager. I feel strongly about how it is a place with good people that has done good things for those posters.

but ultimately if the site will burn because Lowtax can’t help himself from being abusive to his family, then I guess that’s the way it goes.

I hope, vainly, that somehow this ends with the website intact but Lowtax, for whatever reason, having decided to simply go away. perhaps, we can make it impossible for him to ban the people he doesn’t like if it’s the entire forum.

but that’s probably naive. I’ve been thinking about what I might write for my own permaban message, so as to deny him that.

it is a sad day. I hope Logan Day is healing, however. that’s what matters, not the forum