Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
forum's dying, Cloud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Lowtax open source the post database and close your Patreon you piece of poo poo

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

StashAugustine posted:

Seize the means of posting

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ2qBlrW9vw

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Good thing Joe Biden made this sort of thing ok. :v:

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Lightning Knight posted:

we’ve always felt like talking about these things in public would just result in Lowtax purging the mods and installing his own yes men. it’s happened before. we rationalized with how, that wouldn’t help the community, so we just hoped he would be satisfied with his Patreon money and go away.

today in many ways represents an inflection point where that is impossible. I love something awful and I’ve been a part of this community in one way or another for more than a decade now, literally since I was a younger teenager. I feel strongly about how it is a place with good people that has done good things for those posters.

but ultimately if the site will burn because Lowtax can’t help himself from being abusive to his family, then I guess that’s the way it goes.

I hope, vainly, that somehow this ends with the website intact but Lowtax, for whatever reason, having decided to simply go away. perhaps, we can make it impossible for him to ban the people he doesn’t like if it’s the entire forum.

but that’s probably naive. I’ve been thinking about what I might write for my own permaban message, so as to deny him that.

it is a sad day. I hope Logan Day is healing, however. that’s what matters, not the forum

yep. this sucks a bunch, but it is what it is. Whatever stupid joy I've gotten here for almost 20 years isn't worth people getting hurt with my tacit acceptance/silence

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I'm pretty sure that lowtax would be barely breaking even if his patreon went to zero. He needs to be defunded and then the forums stuff will follow as it won't be worth his time to stick around

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Admins need to leak the database

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

shovelbum posted:

Admins need to leak the database

I don’t understand this request. to do what? I don’t think all the admins actually have database access, the way that it is handled is arcane and bizarre apparently.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
i knew we should have had a backup plan

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lightning Knight posted:

I don’t understand this request. to do what? I don’t think all the admins actually have database access, the way that it is handled is arcane and bizarre apparently.

So that lowtax doesn't have control over the back catalog of posts, the post's are the core IP

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
it was nice posting/lurking. bye

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Thanks for being open, LK. It's easy to poo poo on mods, but a lot of them have expressed solidarity against this poo poo tonight, and I can't imagine what I'd do in a situation like this with a position like that.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Lightning Knight posted:

to set up an exact replica of this site, but not under his control and ownership

A Gin Palace
Feb 12, 2013
wow long time lurker here to say fuk u lowtax. maybe you should have not been an abuser, and have done another thing. as it stands pls gently caress off forever from these forums, and hand over the reigns to the posting proletariat

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Lowtax seems very ambivalent about the forums as it is so maybe it would be good for him to step down. He's probably blown his chances at a normal life but there's still time to get back to reality. Hoping that all involved get the help/justice they deserve.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

all you insiders and savvy computer touchers need to take this poo poo

take it away from that baby bitch

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

The thing is Lowtax basically has nothing to lose. Why would he step down or sell the site (no one will buy it lol) if he can just vanish and the forums will continue to generate -some- money from people who don't know better, aren't paying attention or are just lazy.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Attack and dethrone lowtax

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
Vote.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

AHH F/UGH posted:

The thing is Lowtax basically has nothing to lose. Why would he step down or sell the site (no one will buy it lol) if he can just vanish and the forums will continue to generate -some- money from people who don't know better, aren't paying attention or are just lazy.

Yeah this is totally true. If I just stop giving Lowtax any more money but still use the site if it survives the week, am I complicit?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

BeefThief posted:

Yeah this is totally true. If I just stop giving Lowtax any more money but still use the site if it survives the week, am I complicit?

Using any site supports it thru ad tech bullshit

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
"recent concerning events", what is this mealy mouthed bullshit? You afraid of getting sued?

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

StashAugustine posted:

Seize the means of posting

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Lightning Knight posted:

we’ve always felt like talking about these things in public would just result in Lowtax purging the mods and installing his own yes men. it’s happened before. we rationalized with how, that wouldn’t help the community, so we just hoped he would be satisfied with his Patreon money and go away.

today in many ways represents an inflection point where that is impossible. I love something awful and I’ve been a part of this community in one way or another for more than a decade now, literally since I was a younger teenager. I feel strongly about how it is a place with good people that has done good things for those posters.

but ultimately if the site will burn because Lowtax can’t help himself from being abusive to his family, then I guess that’s the way it goes.

I hope, vainly, that somehow this ends with the website intact but Lowtax, for whatever reason, having decided to simply go away. perhaps, we can make it impossible for him to ban the people he doesn’t like if it’s the entire forum.

but that’s probably naive. I’ve been thinking about what I might write for my own permaban message, so as to deny him that.

it is a sad day. I hope Logan Day is healing, however. that’s what matters, not the forum

okay so what was teh hilarious upside?

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
SOMEBODY POST THE FUKKEN DISCORD I NEED MY FUKKEN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

shovelbum posted:

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

BeefThief posted:

sonic the hedgehog my dude

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Number of victims go up

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Stuntman posted:

SOMEBODY POST THE FUKKEN DISCORD I NEED MY FUKKEN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS

same

or PM me with it

namaste

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

shovelbum posted:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Hopkins FBI posted:

"recent concerning events", what is this mealy mouthed bullshit? You afraid of getting sued?

he's afraid of pissing off the lowtax just like every other god damned mod. it's a huge part of why they soft step around every loving issue, can't chance angering the bigot upstairs

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

AHH F/UGH posted:

So spread the word. There are a lot of people who only read bookmarked threads. So go to your normal threads and bring Lowtax's abuse up. If every thread is covered then everyone will know and all the Patreon money will vanish.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I’m loving bummed out dude.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Xaris posted:

ya that last cspam offsite went real well lmao ahahaha

you can come post in the cspam discord tho

What's the cspam discord? Probably a good time to join!

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Lightning Knight posted:

take the server. steal computer. steal computer that something aful stored on. take it for you, so it not him's anymores

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Up Circle posted:

okay so what was teh hilarious upside?

In my original post in the other thread, I was referring to it being either funny or depressing that the mods did not know anymore than the users about the situation, not that the situation itself was funny. I was not posting as seriously as I should have and so I choose my wording poorly.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 240 days!

AHH F/UGH posted:

There's no way he continues to own the site and it doesn't turn into a Nazi shithole now.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
i dont have pms and like hell im giving lowtax money, get me the cspam discord if you can, peace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Time to orchestrate a wacky heist