Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Finicums Wake posted:

doubt the forum gets sold to someone or taken over by the users or whatever, so maybe we should all start thinking about bailing to an offsite or discords or w/e
ya that last cspam offsite went real well lmao ahahaha

you can come post in the cspam discord tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Dreylad posted:

Free Larry Parish
:agreed:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

oxsnard posted:

GBS right now is funnier than it has been in years, Burt Sexual posted a limp dicked non apology ban me, that periscope dick thread is amazing
lmfao holy gently caress that rules

i don't like dog piling much and burt probably would be been fine as a poster but i always got the sense of smug superiority and that he enjoyed power over people way too loving much, like genuine he could have been a cop irl and i would not have been surprised. i thought a lot of his bans were awful and he shouldn't have been a mod; any modship should be temporary and rotating or else people get too addicted to maintaining that power, i think mostly subconsciously most of the time but not always.

LK was really good tho and i hope he gets remodded once/if jeff takes over.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Giga Gaia posted:

he was a landlord's son and had a lovely boat. his posts were bad and i bet he didnt wipe properly
hahaha oh wow. i kind of just presumed his posts were bad because he was posting from a position of power and so they ended up being weird n kinda grody, i dont really remember any of his posts pre-modship

e: I also got the sense he wouldn't have even posted "hmm yeah gently caress lowtax this is bad" if other mods/admins didn't come out and do it first.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Blaziken386 posted:

how did it take 20 years to get rid of this dumbass
much like how tut-tutting woke libs actually dont want to upset the status quo and infact love it, they're comfortable and have comfy positions that they don't really want to give up but want to pretend like they're good moral people as they work for Big Advertising/Plantir/jpmorgan/google/facebook/apple/etc so they change their profile to a black square or buy rainbow-pride goods. the mods are the same way and didnt want to rock the boat and upset their own position of power over people by risking doing anything against the status quo. I actually dont think regular goons should feel bad about buying AVs or whatever in the past: people like to cling onto their community and people they know and very easy to subconsciously rationalize some bad poo poo away or pretend its not a big deal, esp if other 'leaders' are not worrying.

and also he owns the site and was pretty much absentee for 95% of it. out of sight, out of mind. the ashli stuff should have been a big wakeup call really but that was mostly suppressed and people wanted to believe the suppression because it's like, where would most of them go?