Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

i didn't know about lowtax's personal history prior to this, and thought that by contributing to this site in the form of avs, donations, getting banned and rereging etc. that i was helping to keep the lights on. hearing that in reality lowtax was pulling in 8k/month from patreon and buying $100 mail order cookies with the money and beating up romantic partners is rather disheartening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Lowtax seems very ambivalent about the forums as it is so maybe it would be good for him to step down. He's probably blown his chances at a normal life but there's still time to get back to reality. Hoping that all involved get the help/justice they deserve.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

AHH F/UGH posted:

The thing is Lowtax basically has nothing to lose. Why would he step down or sell the site (no one will buy it lol) if he can just vanish and the forums will continue to generate -some- money from people who don't know better, aren't paying attention or are just lazy.

Yeah this is totally true. If I just stop giving Lowtax any more money but still use the site if it survives the week, am I complicit?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

N. Senada posted:

for the love of god don’t make me get a Twitter please

im already banned from twitter i cant go back there

send me the discord link too just in case plz somebody

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

bandwidth: $80
domains: $30
servers: $60
staff: $0
2020 Nissan GTR: $1600
gourmet cookies: $400

somebody who is good at budgeting please help me my forums are dying

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

one hour into jeffrey's reign and i can already tell that it is the best thing that ever happened to the forums

seriously, lowtax didn't do poo poo. 20 years of this and he squandered every opportunity. i will bet :10bux: that jeffrey is able to fix all of the longstanding problems the forums have had on a technical level because they are likely not that hard to deal with, but lowtax just had the competency of a bucket of sand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

assets: a few passwords

liabilities: the founder of the website

there i just posted SA's books