Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Rexicon1 posted:

the good discord

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Minrad posted:

I'm fairly certain there is no cspam discord

actually there's about eleven

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

until joementum has personally endorsed a cspam discord they are all pretenders to the throne imho

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

see you guys on Funnyjunk dot com

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Justin Tyme posted:

Does BnR have actual general chat/interest forums? If this truly is the end and it's an attempt to fill that gap I imagine PI/AI/Serious Hardware goons would appreciate a place to go. There's tons of people that never leave their forum of interest who will be left out to dry :(

people are waiting to see if the forums as they are can be wrested away from Lowtax, otherwise there will probably be a large exodus and the best thing would be to go wherever the good admins/mods go and try and bring as many subforums there too instead of every subforum getting 5 discords and 2 webforums with 16 users each

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Petey posted:

so is bnr the place or discords or what

i should just stop posting, but this crisis tests my honor

people are still figuring it out

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

it’s cool watching SA turn into https://goondiscordnetwork.com/ like a reverse Holy Roman Empire

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

RottenK posted:

im just getting a really bad impression from QueenOfEverything

her reaction to being asked if the person who outed Cuntellectual as trans is still a staff member on BnR was this poo poo:

i don't know the story here, but why the gently caress would you talk like this instead of giving a normal answer?

not to dismiss your concerns but a better place for this might be the offsite thread down below, since this threads more about news wrt Lowtax, his victims, and SA

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Emacs Headroom posted:

This is some shameful coward bullshit right here.

"I have to keep this web forum run by the abuser I've defended in the past alive. Not for myself, but for the ~~community~~ of posters in a truly selfless act of devotion. We're totally ready to walk away. But we're not going to do that. Because we're cowards who don't want to give up our comfortable little bullshit nests and can just sort of put that whole domestic abuse thing in the backs of our minds. Donate to RAINN."

why are you still posting on the abuser’s website if the entire place disgusts you so much?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Dreylad posted:

it's MBA astrology, it's extremely scientific. for some reason every person who cites is always an INTJ. always.

I’ve gotten a wide variety of results when people I know irl take the test but most of them had never heard of it before and INT people are the ones who seek out the tests in the first place to try and figure out why they have no social skills

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Ardennes posted:

If anyone wants my opinion, I want the forums (as a community) to survive but it just can't as long as Lowtax is around.

Personally, I think the only solution is to cut all monetary funding to him and the forums, move as much as possible to offsites to put enough pressure on it to surrender the forum and its code. I don't think anyone gives a poo poo about the name "Something Awful tm", the grenade logo, or the front page. He is free to keep them, but the forums themselves need to be liberated. (You can call the forums anything you want at that point).

If this is it, I think cspam especially needs to pick one offsite to concentrate on, and then admin/moderation needs to be worked out.

I’m waiting to see where Jeffrey, the last of the good admins, ends up trying to steer the ship

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

he’s the new radium

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

T-man posted:

I'd like to add: I'm not explicitly anti-admins or mods. Both are nessasry and good; anarchy is order after all, and I've seen 4chan's laissez faire moderation. The problem is who is the admin. And after a forums-wide denouncement of a terrible wifebeater admin, handing it off to his posting friends and defenders is some bullshit.

alright, see ya then

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

T-man posted:

Anyway I'm probably gonna take a break for a bit from this thread. I love approximately 80% of you, and hate with every fiber of my being the remainder.

it’s not healthy to see the world in black and white

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

jase1 posted:

I am in no way involved with this deal. I don't know if I should make a thread or what but I am getting PM's asking me about it. Any admin or mod that was here was apart of the enabling and now all that's happening is the abuser will be able to look on in secret and still control things while his enablers try to prevent his empire from crumbling. SA needed a purge of all leadership and a completely fresh start to survive. I really hope there is a mass exodus now from the forums it doesn't deserve to survive and I am sure most goons will just accept it and keep posting like nothing ever happened.

alright dude if you genuinely think there’s zero salvaging anything because everyone with a star is complicit in the actions of the absentee landlord then nobody’s stopping you from leaving

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

fwiw if you’re able to comfortably offer $150k to buy an incredibly unprofitable website then :guillotine:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

pls rename the thread internet culture War The Contours and horrors of which you don’t understand

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

WampaLord posted:

Again, I want to say that Jeffrey completely hosed around with me during the PPJ stuff while I was trying to do my best to get C-SPAM's demands met and that left a really sour taste in my mouth.

Reene did too, she was extremely dismissive of me saying "stop gassing threads and listen to your userbase"

you said before that he ignored you, is that what loving around with you means or did he do something else?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

WampaLord posted:

We had been PMing back and forth a bit, he even gave me his email to have BENGHAZI 2 make a plea for clemency and then he ended up going "Nope, we're not gonna do anything that C-SPAM wants, the bans are staying, deal with it"

No, I'm basically referring to how we were completely ignored and nothing actually happened despite him trying to seem like he was actually changing things.

ok, it’s fair to have frustrations with him I know I certainly have (demodding Nichael was and still is bullshit)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Sailor Cat posted:

I think this perfectly demonstrates what's wrong with the modmins: you guys go into a panic at any threat to your internet powers, and will believe anything to keep them. At best, it's intellectually lazy and dishonest. It never occurred to anyone that PPJ was using the spy story as a cover? Or that you can't really be a spy if you use the same name on discord as on the forums? Or that it was time to pull the plug on the "operation" when you found out he was contributing to racist chat? Or that defending him was a fool's errand when the forums found out?

Like 99% of the modmin problems come down to them doing stupid, knee-jerk things in a panicked bid to maintain power. STOP DEFENDING EACH OTHER EVERYTIME ONE OF YOU GETS CAUGHT. QUESTION YOUR FELLOW MODS BEFORE THEY DO REAL DAMAGE. STOP RUNNING SECRET OPERATIONS, NONE OF YOU HAVE THE ABILITY OR INTEGRITY AND IT'S loving STUPID ANYWAY. DON'T CIRCLE THE WAGONS WHEN ONE OF YOU IS CAUGHT OUT. STOP SEEING THE REST OF US AS A THREAT TO YOUR PRECIOUS MOD POWERS. YOU'RE NOT SMARTER THAN THE REST OF US SO JUST ADMIT WHEN YOU DO SOMETHING STUPID, IT'S NOT LIKE IT'S A SURPRISE

And yeah, I'm yelling at you LK, even though you're no longer a mod. You're as guilty as the rest, and I hope you feel embarrassed, if not ashamed, for your role in maintaining a status quo that included a Nazi mod. Dude is totally a Nazi, by the way. There's like a 0% chance he didn't join that discord first and concocted that spy alibi to cover his rear end. I believe that you believe him, but I also believe that he's a liar and you're purposely being naive because you don't want to admit you were fooled.

mice kneltdown

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Petey posted:

the finn was a good poster

actually, he was *spins a giant gameshow wheel titled Moderators and everyone in the audience starts clapping and cheering as Pedophile, Serial Abuser, Sexual Deviant, Virulent Racist, etc. start ticking by*

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Wheeee posted:

if your reaction to people being outraged at abuse of authority is to tell them to chill you are a part of the problem and a sucker

yes but couching everything in abstract terms of “authority and power” ignores the fact that it is an internet webforum and the power is not letting you post on an account for a duration of time

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

For someone who does nothing but whine about people bitching about posting you sure do a lot of bitching about posting

actual question why are you still here if you find everything about this website and the people who run it so detestable and irredeemable? do you genuinely think that there’s going to be a massive restructuring where mods and admins no longer exist and all internet power structures have been flattened? are you waiting for something better to happen here or are you just a miserable poster loudly crying out that the website isn’t burning down as quickly or as brightly as you want?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

T-man posted:

"soyface" is a dogwhistle to attack threatening new forms of masculinity and often used homophobicly to imply that they're actually all gay

hope that helps you stupid loving piece of poo poo, gently caress off to your cargo cult cspam.xyz

:imunfunny:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Koalas March posted:

The only thing I feel the need to clarify before it gets out of control: one goon made a weird hit list of people and me and other mods were like it's very much not ok and condemned pretty roundly (as did many other posters) and I'm pretty sure they banned, but I'm positive they received some sort of punishment.

this list from Dumb Lowtax? https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3906185&pagenumber=103&perpage=40#post501298953

because I distinctly remember you asking them for follow-up details, not condemning it roundly. But the thread is behind the modwall for good reasons, so if I’m wrong I’m absolutely willing to be proven so, there’s just no way for non mods to verify it atm

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

imho every person has something about them that is funny and worth mockery because everyone is a weird unique ball of craziness and nobody is perfect, and it’s an important part of self-awareness to be able to know when jokes at your expense are not worth being upset over; that being said there are obviously things that are not healthy or funny to mock and there are plenty of times when Fyad went over that line. should it come back? no for a ton of reasons but this idea that any sort of making fun of goons is crossing a line is absurd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Did any of y'all keep up with that cyrano thread, because it got loving hilarious around page 18

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3931083&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=18

imagine thinking arfjason is a bad poster