Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Thanatosian posted:

Working theory in the GBS thread is that this is him:

Yeah, either that June 25 2020 regdate is playing a bit and REALLY nailed the posting style

or

it's him

I've been wondering for like 36 hours now when he was gonna come in and Just Post Through It

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

triple sulk posted:

forums still alive?

Surprisingly, yes.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Yeah, as an accountant who has actually done literally zero actual real accounting, I suspect that the amount of Legal Bullshit in a transaction like this will take north of 30 days to clear.

IRL does not run on Internet Time, and it blows my mind every time something work-related that I know I could handle in minutes takes actual WEEKS to complete for . . . reasons*

*there may or may not actually be reasons, idk

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

This is extremely easy to imagine, and I'm shocked it didn't happen more often

I had a Goon buddy come down from Canada and on a whim I was like "Hey while you're in America, Land of the Free, wanna drop by the SA office and see if anyone is there?" Then we looked it up and even though I live in the midwest, it was an 8 hour drive away and we were like "nah gently caress that nevermind" and I took him to the range instead.

Welp that's my SA Storefront Story.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Yinlock posted:

is there anything more shameful than logging off

Logging in?

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
While there is some mod attention and they're in here droppin' knowledge, I've always wondered: how was/is voting (1-5) intended to work?

Was I supposed to vote every time I visited the thread? Or if I only wanted to change my vote? What if one page was good but then the thread went downhill, then back up again?

I was going to ask this question a long time ago, but then I saw some thread somewhere where someone caught a punishment for downvoting a thread, so I decided it probably wasn't worth learning to do.

However, now that we're here at what might be the end, I've realized that I still want to know.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Rabid Boar posted:

Think about how dumb Lowtax is and then imagine how dumb a Dumb Lowtax would be. Pretty hosed up imo.

I talked to Dumb Lowtax once, and he was able to form complete sentences.

Curious.

Edit: Maybe he hit a buffer underflow and is actually smarter than Lowtax, idk

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
I'd ask which QCS Thread this is all referring to, but maybe I don't want to know. It's not like reading it will improve my mood any.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Fly Molo posted:

QCS thread #__________ gets derailed by the usual crew: relitigating the death of FYAD, railing against CSPAM and TMNR existing, and arguing that transphobic slurs aren’t actually slurs you see it’s a fetish and they’re only stalking those posters because they post bad and can’t take a joke and f

if you’ve read one, you’ve read em all. I don’t recommend it. the only interesting part is the internal discussion in that leaked mod forum thread... but that only got leaked so any “anti-FYAD mods” could be exposed and called to answer for their crimes.

drat, even our leaks are fake! Lame.

Yeah, I found it and it is pretty pathetic how it's just retconning and rules-lawyering. Maybe it's a cultural holdover from Helldump, but I guess I just don't "get" mocking other Goons (unless there's an exceptionally drat good reason to do so, of course).

I find it hard to understand why people are surprised when the group that went too far with that lost their space to keep doing that in. :shrug:

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

QUEER FRASIER posted:

idk about that, pretty tasty argument in that thread about whether Chess is 2D or 3D and both sides are making some really good points

You can't trick me! I already tricked myself, you see.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

That is, indeed, a happy cow :3:

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Dustcat posted:

yeah, one of the reasons i didn't want to post in that thread is that cspam does mock people too, and it would have just turned into people posting whatabout examples of bad behavior at each other.

and you bring up an important distinction that was brought up in the qcs thread too: mocking your fellow posters in the same forum is of course fine, if they know to expect it. when plinkey posts a gross thing he's about to eat, he justifiably gets poo poo for it. cspam on the whole does not have a big habit of trawling other forums for bad posts, and when it happens, it's mostly incidental. (i'm giving this thread special dispensation, just like i give the war & peace & goatse thread a pass, because while posting in qcs threads is screaming into a turdnado, posting about qcs threads or their topics with likeminded pals can lead to insight).

mocking people who did not choose to be mocked, and who are hurt by the mockery, is bad and should be strongly discouraged

This is an excellent post.

Goon-on-Goon violence is and will always be a thing, and in most cases, is probably fine. For example, when Owlofcreamcheese continuously shits up his own Coronavirus thread, there's no harm in a chorus of posters telling him to shut the gently caress up.

We can quibble about where the line is, but I think it should go without saying that FYAD's brand of mockery eventually crossed that line - deliberately and repeatedly - and that's how it came to be closed.

The true tragedy here is that now FYAD is basically whatever thread that group decides to infest with sealioning, concern trolling, and bad-faith posting. :sigh:

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Sharkopath posted:

That cyrano stuff is real hosed up and surprised me because I had a postiive view of them honestly.

Wait, what stuff? I kinda had that same opinion, ugh, I have a feeling that's about to be dispelled somehow.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

*inhales sharply between teeth* Oh, Cyrano, honey, no . . . .

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Yinlock posted:

Professor Discourse And His Bigot Buds

Dr. Discourse, Zoom Classroom Streamer Now banned

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

imagining jeffrey in a very serious sit-down meeting with lowtax and their lawyers deep in negotiating the terms of the deal, and jeffrey trying very hard to ignore constant notifications pinging his phone from forum PMs, mod discord, email, calls from the other admins, etc

lmao this mental image owns

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Lightning Knight posted:

for once in my life, drama about something that happened before I was a mod, and I am now not a mod, and thus, I shall not post in QCS

You could at least emptyquote Chillgamesh's joke.

*Biden-ishly* C'mon, man

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Lightning Knight posted:

which one

idk, I am very tired. I am currently running on pure sugar. I should eat dinner tbh.

Chillgamesh posted:

PROBATION | 06/09/20 4:20 | Maybe next time come up with your own solution instead of just yelling in all caps about how mine is bad. Take a day to cool off. User loses posting privileges for one day. | Adolf Hitler | Adolf Hitler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
Yeah, it got a bit cheerleader-y at points though.

Overall, a very . . . . interesting . . . thread!

Nobody ever did answer if a QCS thread had ever been goldmined before.