Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

He is starting to suspect Kras Mazov *fucked him over* personally with his socio-economic theory. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

LK you served cpsam as admirably as any other and caught a lot of poo poo for it.
Good on you for doing the right thing this one last time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

He is starting to suspect Kras Mazov *fucked him over* personally with his socio-economic theory. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Not sure where else to put this but to :justpost: No regrets, but I do wish I had posted more. I've spent a lot (too much) time on these busted rear end forums and CSPAM was a home at the end. I got to fully crack ping in a good environment and my hate has been kept pure.

/sincerepost :beerpal:

e: i also spent 10 years lurking to finally post with an avatar and a week later, we're here lol

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

imagine trying to run a conspiracy on people that mostly just want to yell TORMP at each other

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

Elephanthead posted:

wait people hate c spam?

Like you wouldn't believe

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

T-man posted:

LK, Squizzle*, et. al I know I've thrown poo poo at the cspam mods but given just how obviously terrible some of the admins and elder mods are I'm glad you put in the effort to protect cspam and make this a good place.

* thanks for the avatar I think, I love it

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

Ohtsam posted:

really positive reene is one of them too

it was hard to miss the red star pop up every time there was some dumb bullshit going on and cspam needed to be scolded

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

I hope I get drafted into the SA stay behind group so i can do internet gladio

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

I wish I had more to vent since now is the time to crash my SA account into the brick wall that is complicit admins

selling my sword to anyone with grievances. i am a mercenary poster

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

T-man posted:

You're valuable.

SA mods when deciding to ban someone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kMyom2sHyA

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

Wheeee posted:

well yea they needed a good cop to counteract fluffdaddy just rolling into every thread fists swinging at everyone he didn't like the look of while reading nothing

Blasting away with bans is the trademark of the final era, after all

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

T-man posted:

A "good" cop who as far as I can tell did absolutely nothing the entire time.

Its the perfect idiot cop movie pairing: A bumbling gently caress up who literally can't stop "negligently discharging" his gun, and his partner who gets entranced watching paint dry. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt but having come in two days before KM stepped down in TGRS and watching Fluffdaddy's ascendancy, he is one of the most pure dogshit-brained people I've ever seen on the internet

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

T-man posted:

On that note KM you were great and you also don't deserve what this forum did to you.

... Somethingawful really doesn't do good things to lady mods. :thunk:

Huge empty quote

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

Fly Molo posted:

TBH I think the best thing to help everyone move on would be releasing the mod forum and the memoryholed threads, and anyone who wants to keep being a mod has to explain themselves to the community they lead in some sort of truth and reconciliation Q&A.

because holy loving hell has a lot of ugly poo poo gotten swept under the rug with blanket gassings and bannings, and not only has there never been any kind of public accounting, but the parties involved just go silent or ban questioners whenever anyone asks what the gently caress was going on.

Case in point, 6 months ago with Lowtax... A lot of this baggage and any tension over transferring of communities or whatever could have been worked on with community participation instead of the totally above board "thoughts and prayers -MGMT"

Fly Molo posted:

yeah wasn’t that lowtax’s idea originally?

yes

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

Wheeee posted:

the real fun gonna kick off when they go on a rampage through these threads and purge all of us who had the temerity to talk poo poo during these wild days then shortly after start panicking and trying to backtrack

tbh this is what I'm counting on. I guess I was always worried about eating a dumbass probe or something lol fool me once, shame on you. fool me 500 times, can't be fooled again

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

Spergin Morlock posted:

i still haven't been permad despite posting a goatse thread in QCS and bumping it. lmao

Renee used her rationed bans for today cleaning up her fiefdom in TG and is now dodging the forums like shes waiting for her stars to go away in GTA

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

Many laffs await when Lowtax is out of the picture and nothing changes with the unwashed masses banging on the gates of QCS anyways

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

The ultimate goon project ................

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

Anyway it's good to know that there are powerful mysterious forces working to save the forums. We couldn't handle the truth.

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

Lol

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

The unifying pillar is dogging the poo poo outta Lowtax. I'm ready for the real secession crisis, it's going to be messy as gently caress

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

You can't post over, you can't post under, you can only post through it

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

Tirade posted:

So what's the solution?

:justpost:

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

QUEER FRASIER posted:

Can I be honest? I have no loving idea what FYAD was. sometimes I’m not sure anyone on here does. Sometimes when I clicked on fyad threads I saw some of the most genuinely hilarious things I’ve ever seen online, sort of like a relic from a different age of internet trolling. And some of the posters seemed to be extremely perceptive re: problematic people in the community or admin team. Also, weird left twitter is like, packed to the gills with old fyad castaways, it seems to have been a formative space for some folks who most definitely are not nazis. But then other times I would go on there and it just appeared to be a bunch of 12 year olds saying the n word as many times as possible

So “full of” nazis I’ll say no, I don’t think that’s an accurate descriptor. The “ironic” racism undoubtedly produced a breeding grounds for some, especially later, users to just become full on unironic racists. But the fyad survivors who still post here seem more interested in posting sandwiches and old memes than enacting any sort of fascist agenda and several of them have posted about going to protests lol so I sort of feel like the fyad/cspam shadow war that really only exists in a few dozen posters’ minds is more counterproductive than anything

No, you've basically got the right of it. There was maybe a small handful of posters that wanted to die on the "it's just comedy to be virulently transphobic" but they got booted immediately once it became an issue. Everyone else was bummed and whatever remains really is a bizarre psychic war

e: will say tho that, like in all dumbass struggles, are more 'neo-fyadists' if you will which is REAL weird

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

Subforum mods decided by sortition

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

she's making the forums sound like some lovecraftian nether realm of endless, mind-shattering horror and chattering curses to the 1,000-headed gods

which, well...

:toot:

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

Gobblecoque posted:

I think the only person to ever personally interact with lowtax and not come away from it worse off is Uwe Boll lmao

Says a lot considering their interaction was Boll punching him in the loving face lol

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

Giga Gaia posted:

this medicore comedian from the early 2000s seems stupid as poo poo

Seems like an architectural drawing cut out brought to the 3d world. Just a completely cardboard guy

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

Dick yanka pivots to his true calling, the online version of the local crank suburban paper that gets run over and left to mold in the driveway

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

Wolfsheim posted:

Me: I'm sorry VideoGames but your silence on the matters of the 2017 FYAD lurkwars is deafening. It didn't have to come to this

VideoGames: *blindfolded, in the woods* i just post about fun PS4 games what is happening what is this

Me: *sobbing, raising the gun* it didn't....it didn't have to come to this

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

Its starting to sink in how stupid and terrible all of this is

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

This is so goddamned weak you have to see that
What part of radical c-spam settles for the lesser evil

Biden voter logic for gently caress's sake

:ok:

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

The stuff about his second ex-wife worries me because it seems like he’d need a competent and especially shrewd attorney to gently caress with her like that and win. Maybe it’s all kiwi bullshit gone through the internet telephone circle, but there are some hints of cunning sadism that shine through the visible 98% lazy brute who doesn’t have the common sense not to go on a nazi’s radio show and fill the public record with things that might show up in court.

I'm not sure how long or what the totals were over time by LTs patreon was making several thousand a month. I could see a month or two getting burned out to spite someone in a situation like that and a few thousand is still a lot, especially against a victim of your abuse

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

startin to feel like this whiplash between 10 different topics, with each one deserving serious consideration and investigation and judgment, is loving confusing and is maybe part of why i can never remember anything because eventually it comes down to who posts the most

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

Dustcat posted:

this is how donald trump feels all the time, except he doesn't think anything deserves consideration or investigation

Oh

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

Prester Jane posted:

I'd like to state that I don't think that anything brutality McDonalds said to me, or his tone, we're really out of line. Consider the source, there's a reason for him to react that way to hearing a very different version of a story than what he had heard before.

He had every reason to believe the version of the story he had heard in good faith, that does not necessarily indicate he was inducted into a cabal, he fell into the exact same conceptual trap at any one of us can fall into.

It is very very difficult to be self-aware enough to catch yourself and be able to root out competing versions of a story when one person is a bizarro outsider with a mental illness versus the people one interacts with regularly. I'd not want-to to be in the position to test whether I could catch every single reasonable sounding deception working its way through a group of people car tied together by a common love of a project- I could miss it just as easy as anyone else (despite my life experience).

The real problems here are the people at the top who engaged in what I can only describe as a conspiracy of Silence. Jeffrey, Burt, and Reene. They were the ones who we're in the position to determine the truth of the allegations, and in cases were definitely in possession of evidence that demonstrated the reality of the situation. The rest of the mods are guilty mostly of not running down every single bizarre situation that flies through this website, cuz I got to imagine that something like that happened to half-dozen times a week, and 99% of those are false.

This was the real one, and it was missed, but let's not burn every single good moderator (and I highly respect Brutalist McDonalds), let's focus our ire on the people at the top who directly enabled the situation.

Thank you, and I'll have a Big Mac.

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

T-man posted:

his voice gets really squeaky when he gets worked up, right now yelling about the court system

will stop liveposting if people want me to

I deeply appreciate you taking the psychic damage for us. I refuse to give that piece of poo poo any higher of a number on his views counter

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

I'm glad that in such harrowing times, I got to see this really happen

Praying for a canticle for leibowitz style future and where someone finds a print out of the phrase "the internet makes you stupid"

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

Kill em all and let god sort em out :clint:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

So since the announcement with "Lowtax leaves or we leave, signed the mods" got deleted, does that mean take backsies is in effect, or what.........