Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'm ashamed I got banned for implying Lowtax was a drug addict instead of a shithead deadbeat dad abuser
I'm also ashamed I gave him more money for this stupid av after that ban
the fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

any mod who stays under a lowtax regime is a coward and a traitor

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

OpenSourceBurger posted:

oh hey cool i can have an av without paying wow cool

you can just keep changing them too
and they can bigger than images were in 1999

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Squizzle posted:

sure is a wild coïncidence that every one he gets in a relationship w ends up making similar completely untrue allegations of assault because of their combination of medication/substance issues/mental illness, and then flees from his life as completely as possible and prevents him from coming into contact w any children they might have together

guess he just has a run of bad luck!!!

and he definitely only takes pain pills because he likes the taste

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Phil Layshow posted:

oh poo poo. thats about half what he was making before all this right. and it's only been about 12 hours since this started

How's he gonna afford those sweet car payments and cookies

and the child support he doesn't pay

and more importantly his pills

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

well he's always been a parasite
that's the nature of the website - reposting forum content and slapping adds on it

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Raptor1033 posted:

I'll admit, my last load had a poo poo crumb. I think I'm overworking it

seek medical attention

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Wheeee posted:

registered under new acab name because never liked this one anyway gently caress it

also lol

:lol: he's pulling in less than 30k after patreon fees and taxes
he's hosed

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

good god

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

twoday posted:

My main complaint about BNR is that the color scheme hurts my eyes, too contrasting, does it have a switch to a different color scheme that isn’t based in black?
scroll all the way down and change it here
(light-minimal is best)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

OpenSourceBurger posted:

It's minor but I do miss the yellow highlight when your post gets quotes, I just kinda liked it.

If you have any issues with making that script work hit me up (I wrote the original one)

Also you can change the color super easily if you swap out the hex code
my quotes are a pretty pink

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

WampaLord posted:

no, i'm pretty sure with the giant wave of users that we just got that we're going to be self sustaining for a long time, we sustained a decent amount of activity with way fewer users for months

This has finally convinced my wife to join with me
She is signed up as "Tall as Counter"

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

FacebookEmpathyMom posted:

It is a very nice website and definitely has the feel of CSPAM. My only question, is there a setting that jumps you to the last read post?

that's the default "thread-click" behavior

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Fly Molo posted:

my one complaint, that constantly fucks me up on B&R:

how the gently caress can I see an unread post count for threads?? I get all confused and re-read a thread when there’s no new posts sometimes

There's no post count but a thread with new posts will have bold font and one with nothing new will have a skinny font. In the theme I use it looks like this:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Fly Molo posted:

oh so that’s why they’re bold sometimes?

idk it still doesn’t feel like the TRIMP thread without a big fat [42069] unread posts to intimidate me. maybe that feature can go on the to-do list someday

Yeah it takes some mental adjusting just to get used to the new indicators but it's not so bad.

Also re: the mobile app, xenforo is pretty mobile friendly so I think if you go to it on your phone it should be pretty functional as is (and if you save off a bookmark on android it gives it the BnR logo like an app). Try it out.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Flutch posted:

will be regging ASAP (money tight until the 1st) with same name, likely will have One Cut of the Dead avatar like i had before bernie busted.

cheers and gently caress lowtax. tax the rich.

oh man
One Cut of the Dead is so good

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Wamsutta posted:

really wish BnR had a 'jump to last unread' button like SA, I live for that button, feel like I'm always gonna miss stuff without it

as others have said
and also you can tell if it has unread posts by the bolding/color of the thread
a thread with no new posts won't have the bold blue font (if you're on light theme)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

uncalled for! posted:

registered on BnR as hegemony mony - thank you

gently caress that's a good username

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Any chance bnr has an app in the works? For I am but a feeble phone poster

Xenforo has native phone support. I use it on my phone all the time and it's pretty great. You can even make a bookmark and save it to your homescreen and it'll basically be an app

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

2993 x 12 x .9 (patreon cut) x .7 (Uncle Sam's cut) = $22,627.08

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Phil Layshow posted:

does uncle sam's cut include kyanka's back taxes?

I didn't take out anything he doesn't pay so like
taxes or child support or alimony

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Sir John Falstaff posted:

Apparently it's leased.

I'll bet he's the sort of jackass who fills his giant house with rented furniture too

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The Nastier Nate posted:

What was it at it’s peak?

he was pulling in 12-13k a month before the FYAD incident

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

FallenGod posted:

Not paying taxes on that is a very bold move.

Good thing the money printer will never shut off and the IRS doesn't care about collecting.

I think someone found a court document where he owed well over $100k in back taxes

patreon money printer go brrrr
the good times ain't never gonna stop

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Yinlock posted:

also that was very very obviously written by lowtax himself

Yeah if you don't know how that conversation went to get her to that point on the video then I envy you for never having known a treacherous snake of an abusive human being before but I will spare the reenactment

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

personally if i had somehow lucked into having a bunch of strangers pay me a six figure salary to do absolutely nothing i would make sure not to do something that would make them reconsider giving me money for free

remember when GBS/the forums were actively growing in the tumblr-ish days and he sabotaged that because his elite posting clique-crew thought it was better to be able to post slurs

he is cyclically self-destructive

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

So I regged at BnR under this name, I post more on games than on political stuff but I hope you guys can approve me for free, I'm in a bad financial situation these days so yeah... :smith:

There's a very good games section and I see a lot of new activity in it so you will not be alone. Post in the game soundtracks thread. Listen to SMT OSTs endlessly

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

T-man posted:

Seriously. From what I've gathered, he's basically been the albatross on this thread's neck from day 1. The fact that him going away for years at a time allowed a wonderful community to form despite, rather than because of him should be a lesson every leftist should be noting down.

I know this is going to come off as callous of me, but we also need to be thinking as leftists and learn from what is happening. Not only because we're seeing what is effectively a successful (online, granted) revolution against a sex pest rear end in a top hat, but also to watch out for abusers, understand when a comrade may be being abused, and most importantly shut abusers the gently caress down. It's a "joke" to say lowtax is a cop, but let's be honest. He's like at least 40% of them, and if we can organize against lowtax, we can organize against the pigmen in the Nether, in minecraft.

that and if it looks like he's starting to regain control, burn the city and salt the earth where it stood

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

what kind of seismic fuckhead talks to their child like that

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Gio posted:

what exactly was he, uh, doing? all i saw on his patreon was a lovely podcast, a lovely youtube channel, and then...the forums.

opiates and booze

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Gio posted:

cool so he’s a rent seeking parasite

remember how like 99% of the popular SA content was just poo poo he harvested from the forums or the occasional writer he refused to pay

He's always been a parasite

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

T-man posted:

Yes, the thread has discussed it at length. The goon consensus among people familiar with abuse is that this is a common reaction after a victim outs their abuser. It's because of the severe psychological, emotional, and even physiological damage abusers inflect.

TW reenactment speculation

Baby, sweetheart. You've ruined me, you've absolutely ruined me. I'm so sorry I've got nothing left, I don't even deserve to live. I'm so sorry I didn't mean to hurt you. We can make this right we just need to act fast, you need to tell everyone what really happened before I... we... lose all the money. If we can just keep the money I can make things right for us. I can pay you and buy you all those things I promised, and I'll change. I'll stop drinking and I'll stop taking the pills, I promise. I'll pay you so much attention, we can still build a life together but you need to tell them, honey. You need to tell them it wasn't my fault, I was sleeping. You tripped, don't you remember?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Like, is SA actually dying? (I mean more than it was)

Like, no more patreon for girlfrined abusers, and I'm not going to Toxx or buy forum upgrades after this.

Or is it just people don't want to associate with him anymore?

It's just a forum. It's only ever been a forum. Don't let him take the community hostage. He didn't make this place

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

That’s not a thing we’re ready to discuss in public yet.

I have submitted my resignation to administration.

LK you served cpsam as admirably as any other and caught a lot of poo poo for it.
Good on you for doing the right thing this one last time

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Phil Layshow posted:

someone mentioned purchase offers during the height of SA's relevance. was there ever any evidence of solid offers with real numbers? i just can't imagine someone offering more than low six figures for this place, even in the mid to late aughts.

Ebaumsworld got $15 million in 2007. The new-media bubble was loving bonkers before the crash.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Sharkie posted:

Not keeping track of who buys bigoted/phobic/etc. avs was one of the fundamental flaws of this site that would have prevented so, so much unnecessary bullshit. But like other people have said there's no reason to think that anyone from bnr did that. It's just someone poo poo-stirring.

Money was more important than a good user experience
Even if it meant gate-keeping essential functionality

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

So the thing we all suspected is confirmed
FYAD Lowtax

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

It's pretty cool to release an announcement to say nothing. Well, I suppose confirming Logan got/is getting out is something big as not everyone will have seen that. Still. It almost feels like admins & mods just like secrecy for secrecy's sake.

Yeah definitely reads like they're trying to cook up a slapped together forum so they can hold dominion over it
Also makes sense why they haven't stepped down - they have access to forums-wide communique. That's a valuable asset when trying to set up your fiefdom

Explains why Reene felt it necessary so silence some folks

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

ill translate the annoucement: we need you to update your email because its likely any neoSA successor site will be sent to you there

Harvesting the e-mail list of this forum for personal use is definitely not cool/legal. They'd be wise not to gently caress with PII but they are not wise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

im sure thats all being considered but personally i do not give a poo poo about the wife beating absentee landord of this websites Propert Rights

It's not just his rights - using a cache of e-mails for promotion that wasn't explicitly signed off on (e.g, e-mails used for login poo poo) is I'm pretty damned sure a felony. That's why all the sites that harvest your data have you click through a privacy policy. If any of that data belongs to European citizens it's even worse.

Do not gently caress with PII you can go to jail if you don't know what you're doing