Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

Seize the means of posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Seriously though this is hosed up

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Morbus posted:

we should just make 9000 threads about killing the president

Praxis

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Xaris posted:

ya that last cspam offsite went real well lmao ahahaha

you can come post in the cspam discord tho

What's the cspam discord? Probably a good time to join!

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Time to orchestrate a wacky heist

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

A forums coup from april fools but this time... Its real lol

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

sincx posted:

post the discord you cowards

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

exmarx posted:

i don't think he should own the forums

Hmmm i dunni we should hold a mod council on this

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Zas posted:

hey, back when you tried to get a bunch of goons to donate to rainn instead of lowtax... thats was really cool.

you know what this means?

mods knew

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

exmarx posted:

there's no evidence that vile rat actually had the vile tat

:stare:

WHAT ELSE DO WE NOT KNOW

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

Hopefully Lowtax does the right thing for once and hands the site over to someone who doesn't beat women.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Crane Fist posted:

These are truly the last days

I open up the forums
And it's full of blood

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

did anyone say backtax kyanka yet

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

net work error posted:

Also :same: here too

Pm sheng-ji for the link

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

if you don't have pms it might be worthwhile to make this a thread for posting temp mails so invites can be sent

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

or better yet, make a separate one in case this one gets memoryholed lol

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Tei posted:

nooooooooooooo!

someone make sure tei finds our new home whatever that is, he is too pure to be left behind

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Lightning Knight posted:

some thoughts

1) as far as we are aware, Logan Day is currently safe

2) as far as I know, the person claiming to be her on KF is a fake

3) we’re looking into various options to try and resolve the situation in a way that maintains the forums without them answering to a man who abuses his spouses

4) if 3 fails, there is broad agreement among the mods that there is no going back to normal and we’re probably looking at a mass exodus

there may be formal announcements to this effect but that’s what I will tell you as of this moment.

thanks for the headsup

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I see people linking GDN a lot and well:

https://pastebin.com/Hz7rPxiJ

I have zero trust going to a server with GDN active.

Yeah just wait a while as Sheng-Ji organises stuff and I'm sure we can get you into the discord

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

people are waiting to see if the forums as they are can be wrested away from Lowtax, otherwise there will probably be a large exodus and the best thing would be to go wherever the good admins/mods go and try and bring as many subforums there too instead of every subforum getting 5 discords and 2 webforums with 16 users each

For sure

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I may be a stupid motherfucker but anyone who thinks that discord is a viable alternative is automatically stupider than me and I will die on this hill.

it's not an alternative, just something to keep in contact and maybe coordinate a new place

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

twoday posted:

how’s everybody doing today?

I hear we are trying to dethrone God because he beats his spouse, so excellent

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

lowtax is being vetted for veep

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

dphi posted:

drat, of course BnR is blocked at my work. I have no idea how SA managed to avoid the filter.

the filter is likely whitelisting. the sysadmin at some point must have been an SA regular, that's it

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Zerilan posted:

There was also the claim in the chat thread there that one of the bnr mods outed Cuntellectual as trans?

that's pretty lovely

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Bob Socko posted:

Number continues to sink like a stone.

Good

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Mackers posted:

lol i suspected he was just a complete dumpster fire irl because of the ridiculous stream of drama he has produced over the years

but wow. ffs

just a matryoshka of poo poo, in a shape of a person

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

oxsnard posted:

hmm LK it appears that Lowtax is being a gigantic baby, no?

what do you mean?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Lightning Knight posted:

I am hopeful but not for the continuation of this specific platform.

gotcha

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

GrimGypsy posted:

pickle riiiichaaaaard

I kid you not Jeff, he turns himself into a wife beater, he's called Wifebeater Rich. Weakest poo poo I've ever seen

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

seriously tell your admin/mod friends if they follow through with the e-mail thing they can get major-hosed by violating GDPR laws please

Yeah this is like, turbo illegal in Europe lol

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

In this, the end of days, I must admit I lurked the D&D discord for a long time. I did it because I was genuinely interested in what and how they thought and what they talked about in their own spaces.

It ended up being hilarious, especially when they banned me after the QCS thread about no longer being able to be open rape apologists in D&D. Boy howdy were they steamed about that one lol

Lol

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Anything juicy?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Nothing too surprising. The people who are extremely lovely on SA are also extremely lovely in private, no surprise there. My favorite part was axeil constantly writing revenge fanfiction of what he would do if he were made a mod. Like, I saw him talk about smiting his posting enemies if he was made a mod several times. That was my favorite lol

Lol pathetic

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Mods rename me direction action

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

spare the other mods but take me... i will submit myself to this nuremberg-style moderdammerung and face the entire, concentrated goon wrath all at once, absorbing it and sparing the forums, mods and all goons... redeeming them

Isn't this the plot of harry potter

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Smekerman posted:

Sorry to break up the in-fighting for a second, but has anyone pointed out that in her last update, Logan outright says that Lowtax coerced her into making that video and kept telling her she ruined his life? Because she did. Imagine getting saddled with that blame, that she’s the one who caused “the downfall of SA”. Holy gently caress.

I’ve had this dull rage inside me ever since I read it and it greatly pains me to see how little Lowtax is truly discussed. Lowtax is the ultimate cop. The final boss of Cop Land, after you’ve vanquished the inept mod team and the sleazy, sleuthy admin team. You’re all accusing all these subordinates of being cops. No poo poo; that’s all they know, from top to bottom of power structure. Lowtax very much cares about that power, and it just seeps downwards.

Also, he’s an abusive, manipulative piece of poo poo. You think this stops with the women that try to be his partners? From my experience, these people try to manipulate everyone in their lives, from the cashier at the corner store, to their fuckin doctor or mother. They get off on manipulating.

So with that in mind, ask yourself what kind of hosed up power structure they would foster on a site they had total control of.

Lowtax is a subhuman piece of trash and he deserves the same violence done unto him as he has imparted it so easily to others. I hope he’s at least in a little bit of mental anguish. It would nourish me.

all lowtaxes are bastards

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Dustcat posted:

lol i'm just now thinking about the front page, with jeffrey of yospos in charge of the hired talent

it's gonna be epic

arfjason was right

it's almost like idiocracy is becoming reality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

T-man posted:

Renee was claiming criticizing her was prejudiced against her as a queer woman earlier today.

when everyone has a minority shield... nobody does... :thunk:

im a cis white male

i walk into battle with nary a shield, wielding shitposts akimbo