Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I miss FYAD and I think targeting a bunch of good posters and running them off instead of trying to work things out was a big mistake and made the forums worse. There were multiple signs that regulars were absolutely willing to make some changes after the initial closing but were ignored because people wanted to shout at windmills and the mods didn't care. I'm not expecting FYAD to come back or anything but I do feel like you can't run SA when people feel like they're one post away from being Ben Moraed.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah sure ok but maybe people shouldn't be super shocked they got confused for being a nazi because they were standing next to one friend who was in his nazi costume for a laugh and another friend who was in his nazi costume because he is in fact a nazi.

lol at blaming nazi poo poo in the set up to fail fyad on the regulars instead of lowtax and ppj. Come on here

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

QueenOfTheEvening posted:

Definitely saw people treating AGP, a thing about as reality based as racial science, as real in there

I really don't think Skylark and JD truly believe in AGP and I think that's a thread that could have been dealt with without deleting a whole forum, making everyone blame it on the trans thread, and ruling up a bunch of sickos who don't even post in fyad.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I mean maybe but the response to people saying "this is hosed up" was a bunch of wagon circling and then the Barney poo poo started and it got really out of hand

I'll concede a little bit here but I'm also glad I never have to read a CB post again.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Ah yes I'm happy you don't have to read a post from someone who was actually harassed off the forum.

Every post I read form CB was trying to do the same thing, come on.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

hosed up that she was upset about people circling the wagons in defense of posting basically race science I guess

She should have been upset but it escalated until she brought in a bunch of people not even near fyad's orbit, even after fyad was closed. This is kind of a circular argument though so I'm gonna drop it

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I can't recommend this forum to people because there's actually a chance that the mods will do something that actually endangers them. Wild!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm watching the simpsons right now

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

just watched the one with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nax2jwrCS3A

and now I'm watching the next one which is where Bart breaks his leg

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

smarxist posted:

the pool episode is really good

oh lmao

https://twitter.com/simpsons_vids/status/1244945734471909377?s=20

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

why are you talking about forums drama in the Simpsons thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

this is the episode with the Rear Window parody where Bart thinks Flanders killed Maude so yea it's tru