Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Shear Modulus posted:

so i've been busy today to follow everything but am i understanding it right that people are saying the story about him having tons of medical bills from a hosed up back was crap and he was actually spending the money on luxury cars

I think he has a hosed up back and medical bills, but was also spending money on luxury cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

ConfusedPig posted:

The problem is lowtax still officially owns the site, nobody want's to be here while he's in charge, and it's questionable if he would relinquish ownership of the site before he just deleting everything

I think him deleting everything is one of the less likely scenarios. I think he is much more likely to limp it into the grave.

It is not impossible, though.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of Lowtax’s spine...

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry, double post.

Veni Vidi Ameche! fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jun 25, 2020

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Phil Layshow posted:

Lol was this mass produced as merch, or is it a goon made one off?

I had them custom-made.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Phil Layshow posted:

Part of me wants to crack on you for this, but I also kinda dig it.

Who do you send fancy goon correspondence to? You should send Lowtax a notarized offer to a gentleman's contest, the prize being complete ownership of the forums and all possessions and chattels therein.

The original plan was to practice my calligraphy for the fountain pen thread, and seal fancy envelopes with it for posting there. Then, I realized that my calligraphy is bad, and I am lazy, so that never happened. Now, I’m thinking about sealing letters with Dickbutt and the spine for sending to people in the goon snail mail thread. The main problem there is that I didn’t want anyone to know where they were coming from, and I sort of just sank that ship.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Phil Layshow posted:

Well, you know what, I've come around completely. Those are cool, and thanks for sharing.
Lol, you’re welcome. I am glad someone else got a kick out of them.

Ziv Zulander posted:

those are the worst buttplugs I’ve ever seen

god drat you should be ashamed
They’re flared, though? Also, just think about the mushroom stamp you can deliver with one of these in your butt.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

QUEER FRASIER posted:

Jeffrey seems a bit more like the benevolent/disinterested ruler type than someone eager to execute some sort of forums pogrom

he may not have covered himself in glory during the ppj saga but I also recall him being pretty dismissive of the qcs crew’s attempts to shut down cspam because we were going to cause the police to end up knocking on lowtax’s door (quite the claim, both at the time and especially in retrospect)

Lol, it makes way more sense in retrospect. No loving wonder Lowtax was terrified of having police in his house.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Giga Gaia posted:

really? im primed for more personally

I think you’re gonna get it. I am noticing a comically stark divide in how users feel about this news depending on which thread I am reading.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I don’t know who Crane Fist is, but he (?) made me laugh twice on this page.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Knight posted:

my parents are both truck drivers (dad retired) and they used to deliver food products to fast food places.

fun fact: arbys meat comes as a liquid

anyway I just have accepted that all fast food is irrevocably disgusting and bill millers satisfies me as a filthy northern transplant

Your parents lied to you, or themselves fell for an old rumor. There is no liquid meat at Arbys, or McDowells, or wherever.

Arbys is disgusting, but it's not squirting goop into meat molds.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I swear, sometimes I think only lovely people are willing to be unpaid enforcers for a wife-beating, fading titan of the internet.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

it is characteristic of liberalism and other kinds of metaphysical forms of thinking, or "black and white" thinking, or fundamentalists vs. revisionists in the church. of course words do matter and have an effect on the world, but simply renouncing your past views -- while necessary self-criticism -- doesn't really mean much. it's like believing that having the "good opinions" or "good ideas" is what determines objective reality -- that's liberalism. whereas if you're actively engaged in anti-fascist research and building something roughly equivalent of a database so people don't knowingly give money to racists and threepers in the gun industry, that has a material effect, and if you're a materialist then you believe that materials are the objective reality and people learn / improve by interacting with that reality by working with it, experimenting, and getting feedback from that process. not afraid to admit this.

Maybe the time for giving mods the benefit of the doubt has passed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

dex_sda posted:

fyad but everyone has ik buttons actually sounds p. fun

Every time you probate someone, your probate multiplier goes up by 1%. Your probate multiplier is used to multiply the length of your probation when someone else probates you.