Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
bnr sounds like it will work well enough. how's the shitposting? i can bring my own if there isnt enough to go around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

oxsnard posted:

Buns N Roses

take me down to the bakery city
where the bread is fresh
and the flowers are pretty

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

WampaLord posted:

this is the content i crave

i promise i don't normally go back an admire my work, but that poo poo took me a sec. at first i was thinking something with novmber rain or mr brownstone and i had nothing. now im picturing a combination bakery/florist called buns n roses and if one of you fuckers open one up before i do, you better give me a paczki when i walk in.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

oh poo poo. thats about half what he was making before all this right. and it's only been about 12 hours since this started

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
on bnr, is there like a primer for old refugees. whats a xenforo? there's no bbcode? what about a phone app? what channel is MEtv on?

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

OpenSourceBurger posted:

It's actually deeply hilarious how much more functional and user friendly BR is as a forum. It's like going from a 1998 Kia Sorento covered in grease stains to a 2020 Acura.

but im used to how the sorento handles. the rear end groove in the seat is just right. and those are my cigarette burns in the upholstery dammit

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

OpenSourceBurger posted:

It's minor but I do miss the yellow highlight when your post gets quotes, I just kinda liked it.

theres a tampermonkey script to do that. check under announcements

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

twoday posted:

My main complaint about BNR is that the color scheme hurts my eyes, too contrasting, does it have a switch to a different color scheme that isn’t based in black?

the best scheme i found was the dark deprecated. give that a shot? amoled was tough on my eyes.

i was confused on how bookmarks work. if you want to go to post last read, just click the thread title, theres no little button showing how many posts have been up since.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
im blind, is there an actual bnr thread that is equivalent to our cspam cool zone thread? i don't see any thread titles about riots

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

WampaLord posted:

it's all been in the "The Great Cop Hater Space - PYF good cops" thread

thanks wampa

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Wamsutta posted:

it takes me to the OP :(

works for me. is the thread in your bookmarks/watched threads list?

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

QueenOfTheEvening posted:

whichever one of you loving morons registered as "obese retard" raise your hand so i can yell at you, no loving slurs on bnr

im guessing with the huge influx of new people registering, bnr is probably getting a lot of refugees who don't know or care about bnr's leftist origins. people are probably just hearing it's the next best option for offsite, and just going ahead and registering

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
it was at about 3200 an hour ago

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

A Time To Chill posted:

what's the cspam bugout plan? is there a discord or something?

if your clearance is sufficient, you should have received your evac packet with your soros bucks

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
does uncle sam's cut include kyanka's back taxes?

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I think he has a hosed up back and medical bills, but was also spending money on luxury cars.

those bucket seats really support his crumbling spine

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Bumper Stickup posted:

Guys I just looked up those goldbelly cookies that Lowtax is spending all his money on and HOLY poo poo they're expensive. loving 40 dollars for 6 cookies?!?

the people at goldbelly must be having a strange day, with the sudden explosion in interest of overpriced baked goods

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
just checked taxman's patreon. 496 patrons, 2888 dollars

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Weeks posted:

this gave my eyes diabetes

eyeabetes was right there man

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Shear Modulus posted:

remember how he kept running affiliate ads for nordvpn, the vpn provider that got hacked last year

i think he had an announcement up for them as recently as 2 weeks ago

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

that's cool. thanks for popping in to update us

edit by LK

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jun 25, 2020

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
wtf with that movie poo poo

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

i think of demons posted:

at this point he might be concerned about his physical safety if he were to just take his ball and go home given SA's history with weird murder guys in the past. i think i would be if i ran the site and it was shutting down, even if the reason wasn't that evidence points towards being a huge piece of poo poo

i dunno if lowtax would be worried about it. but now that you say it like that, i agree that if i had the keys to the self destruct panel, i'd worry too. lowtax can't be the only goon who's identity is wrapped up in SA.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
I can't recall which thread, but someone said Jeffrey of yospos was open to trying to buy it from lowtax. I can't verify that.

The one good thing about giving an abuser the money to go away is that the community doesn't fracture. I think it's up to the community if the juice is worth the squeeze on that one.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

A little something I mentioned earlier in the thread:

Lol was this mass produced as merch, or is it a goon made one off?

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

I had them custom-made.

Part of me wants to crack on you for this, but I also kinda dig it.

Who do you send fancy goon correspondence to? You should send Lowtax a notarized offer to a gentleman's contest, the prize being complete ownership of the forums and all possessions and chattels therein.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

The original plan was to practice my calligraphy for the fountain pen thread, and seal fancy envelopes with it for posting there. Then, I realized that my calligraphy is bad, and I am lazy, so that never happened. Now, I’m thinking about sealing letters with Dickbutt and the spine for sending to people in the goon snail mail thread. The main problem there is that I didn’t want anyone to know where they were coming from, and I sort of just sank that ship.

Well, you know what, I've come around completely. Those are cool, and thanks for sharing.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
if im in lowtaxes shoes, id take a payoff and walk away, versus holding on to an even deader than now gay comedy forum. especially with his patreon dwindling by the hour.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
all signs point to the death throes of sa

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
it's strange to think about the end of sa. even weirder to think about how there's going to be no send off, no fanfare. not that this place qualifies for a celebration necessarily. but maybe something better than the inevitable, which is fewer posters logging on until one day they go to logon and the forums are just gone without an epitaph or anything.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

mysterious frankie posted:

I presume if you were in his shoes you'd also be a multimillionaire because either you'd have had the sense to sell while it was still boppin', or kept the site and not mismanaged it to the point where it's the internet equivalent of a North Korean old folks home & halfway house combo.

What I'm saying is, boy no-brained, do no-brain things.

someone mentioned purchase offers during the height of SA's relevance. was there ever any evidence of solid offers with real numbers? i just can't imagine someone offering more than low six figures for this place, even in the mid to late aughts.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

GrimGypsy posted:

whatever comes after zoomers will never even know all the legends of SA, let alone how much online poo poo is 1 or 2 degrees of separation from here

please archive SAClopedia and the best threads

did any goons invade imgur after memes became a thing there and say "ackshually, what you call memes are image macros."

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
dang i didnt know that about ebaumsworld. lowtax you wife beating buffoon

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Mr. Nice! posted:

Any offer in ~2007 would have had 7 zeroes most likely. Now the $150k jase1 has offered is probably the best lowtax could get. I hope he sells, because no way he gives up control without it and the place will just die otherwise.

i saw someone say in another thread that jase1 made an offer, but i didn't know if it was a joke comment. 150k to me sounds like a generous offer for the shambling corpse of SA. i don't know anything about jase1. is he a poker goon that made it big? did he make his money on orange juice futures? not that it matters to me either way. i was thinking everyone who gave a poo poo would pitch in what they could to make lowtax an offer, but i figured that would end up like 50k tops.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
ngl, im terminally online more than id like to admit. it already seems like people are posting less across the threads i watch. i dont know if that is due to people giving offsites and discords a shot, or goons reading the signals, or what.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Crusty Nutsack posted:

so uh anything of substance happen overnight or we just in the same chaotic holding pattern?

i dont want to put words in anyones mouth, but i think it doesn't look good. LK put a resignation in to admin

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

punk rebel ecks posted:

She loves Richard with all her heart.

:stare:

loved. past tense. she's still in a tough place, but maybe she's coming to terms with the fact that a person she cared for doesn't give a single gently caress about her

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Blaziken386 posted:

is one of those options "buy up his debt from the irs and use it as leverage to sue him for all his possessions"

Lol, the juice is running Lowtax.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

RottenK posted:

im just getting a really bad impression from QueenOfEverything

her reaction to being asked if the person who outed Cuntellectual as trans is still a staff member on BnR was this poo poo:

i don't know the story here, but why the gently caress would you talk like this instead of giving a normal answer?

I'm inclined to give the folks at bnr a pass for now as they're dealing with a tough transition. I do think that question should be answered though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Agean90 posted:

if I were conspiracy minded if think it odd that the staff of an off-site that's grown massively prior to this is getting slandered all the sudden and banned when they point it out

Even more so when there's a solid chance said slanderers are building their own off-site, but hey I'm not conspiracy minded. After all its not like the people directly complacent with abusive behavior would ever make themselves look like the only reasonable option right?

if there's other goons bashing bnr to get goons to come to their goofy poo poo, lol. it seems like bnr would take the goons you wouldn't want on your offsite anyways