Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

NecroMonster posted:

i'm real loving glad his daughters have gotten away from him i hope they are going to be ok

same :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Lightning Knight posted:

we’ve always felt like talking about these things in public would just result in Lowtax purging the mods and installing his own yes men. it’s happened before. we rationalized with how, that wouldn’t help the community, so we just hoped he would be satisfied with his Patreon money and go away.

today in many ways represents an inflection point where that is impossible. I love something awful and I’ve been a part of this community in one way or another for more than a decade now, literally since I was a younger teenager. I feel strongly about how it is a place with good people that has done good things for those posters.

but ultimately if the site will burn because Lowtax can’t help himself from being abusive to his family, then I guess that’s the way it goes.

I hope, vainly, that somehow this ends with the website intact but Lowtax, for whatever reason, having decided to simply go away. perhaps, we can make it impossible for him to ban the people he doesn’t like if it’s the entire forum.

but that’s probably naive. I’ve been thinking about what I might write for my own permaban message, so as to deny him that.

it is a sad day. I hope Logan Day is healing, however. that’s what matters, not the forum

yep. this sucks a bunch, but it is what it is. Whatever stupid joy I've gotten here for almost 20 years isn't worth people getting hurt with my tacit acceptance/silence