Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

I been reading the poo poo out of simpsons comics lately and some of them are pretty damned good, a wealth of excellent simpsons content

there is a great Radioactive Man the Movie comic that preserves the story hinted at in the episode where millhouse becomes fallout boy

it's fun, here are some select moments you may remember from the episode and also the ending to fill out the image

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the comics are just full of fun little gems like this

and then after a while you start not remembering if gags were in comics or from the TV show

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

smarxist posted:

just download a torrent

don't pay disney for the simpsons wtf lol

yeah poo poo, it's there to be had, just snag it before they remove episodes for black face

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

gently caress this thread has been good content all of a sudden.

Oh!
The one where Milhouse's parents get divorced

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

oxsnard posted:

this is a pretty good chart

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Fly Molo posted:

wrong!

tomacco was in mid-season 11, imo that deserves at least a little blip

i'm afraid not, that would have been a decent treehouse of horror vignette but it suffers from the same structural inadequacies that the bad simpsons episodes tend to have

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Dreylad posted:

holy poo poo that arf post lmao

ive never seen a thread come together in unity in enjoying good posts so quickly like that

somebody buy Arf a CSPAM account

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/7ah0X95.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

oxsnard posted:

i honest to god hadn't watched an episode of the simpsons in probably 5 years but started season 3 last night. Just incredible content

seasons 1 and 2 are also fantastic

season 1 is strange and dreamlike and really nails some of the casual dark humor. homer tries to kill himself by tying a big rock to his body and lugs it all the way to a bridge, then gets pissed when he notices an equally large rock is already there, marge gets drunk as poo poo at the company picnic. the tell tale head is, of course, iconic

season 2 has a wealth of emotionally resonant episodes with some great gags, that episode old money is a really sincere look into grandpa's life - "discount lion safari!" always makes me laugh, the war of the simpsons does a good job squaring up to how homer is a lovely husband but is ultimately redeemed because of his unwavering devotion to marge, bart gets hit by a car does this as well when homer forgives marge for blowing the million dollar scam, One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish is a great look at mortality, both bart gets and F and barts dog gets an F show bart in this panicked, vulnerable state that works really well in the narrative and pays off big time at the end

a lot of stories in early simpsons episodes have this redemptive arc that is lacking in later seasons where even though they are lovely, they are able to tap into the sublime and transcend their shittiness, giving hope to us, the viewers, that we too may transcend our shittiness. this scene from the end of the season 5 episode homer loves flanders really encapsulates this concept and is touching while also being hilarious

https://i.imgur.com/DpD3m4k.mp4