Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

PipHelix posted:

I don't hit this site up often enough, or for long enough, to know all the ins and outs and such (I literally just learned what exactly a toxx was about). But I do like the site, I've really liked that it stayed no bullshit web 1.0 when the rest of the internet slit its throats to chase facebook impressions, and I liked that the community somehow managed to keep the nazi rot out, and actually become pretty woke and lefty, when almost every other part of nerd culture I remember from my days as a kid in the 90s early 00s has gone full fash.

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, that there's a chance Kyanka is eye-of-sauroning this site for people who bad-talk him on this, but it might be the end of the site anyway, and a full scale user revolt could help avert that?

It's bad to hit women. People who hit women are bad people. gently caress to them. I don't really follow the lore of this place close, but I've been a semi regular reader of at least the front page since '04 or so, and I've got some vague outlines in my head and it's not flattering, and it comports pretty well with the new accusations. So if as sounds very likely, Kyanka hit this woman, as well as other women, that dude is a piece of poo poo, he's already got my tenner, but I won't be giving him another. There are other dead gay forums than these. Bring the ban or don't.

If I've misread how big a deal this is, sorry for posting cringe I guess? But it really seems like the end of days up in here. Been nice knowing you all.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

"Yesterday I got back to the hotel and slept all day except when Rich said that I was ruining his life and I had to make those posts and videos because it was all my fault."

Confirming what we already knew, but yeah. I doubt Lowtax is ever going to accept that nobody is ruining his life but himself and that the fault is entirely his.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

forkboy84 posted:

It's pretty cool to release an announcement to say nothing. Well, I suppose confirming Logan got/is getting out is something big as not everyone will have seen that. Still. It almost feels like admins & mods just like secrecy for secrecy's sake.

haha they've been like that forever, why would they change now during the end of days

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

that is the #1 most important thing

archive and leak the mod forums

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Valleyant posted:

forums udpated

lmao, looks like it's time for the retributive bannings phase of this whole debacle

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
gonna lmao all the way to my grave if the last thing that happens to SA is getting massively bitchslapped with GDPR because Reene et al. want to try and preserve the fake power they have over an internet fiefdom

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
In this, the end of days, I must admit I lurked the D&D discord for a long time. I did it because I was genuinely interested in what and how they thought and what they talked about in their own spaces.

It ended up being hilarious, especially when they banned me after the QCS thread about no longer being able to be open rape apologists in D&D. Boy howdy were they steamed about that one lol

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Agean90 posted:

further more the mod forum must be made public

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

dex_sda posted:

Anything juicy?

Nothing too surprising. The people who are extremely lovely on SA are also extremely lovely in private, no surprise there. My favorite part was axeil constantly writing revenge fanfiction of what he would do if he were made a mod. Like, I saw him talk about smiting his posting enemies if he was made a mod several times. That was my favorite lol

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
screencaps anonymized to protect the dumb

When you've definitely got your finger on the pulse of what's happening

The election understander has logged on

madposting about the QCS thread where they had to be explicitly and thoroughly told that rape and rape apologia is bad, actually

they really thought they were scheming and pulling strings behind the scenes, probably why they threw such a tantrum about that QCS thread:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Crusty Nutsack posted:

why are we posting offsite drama when there's plenty of drama already here

because why not

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

goddamn GET A LIFE PEOPLE

https://twitter.com/dril/status/922321981

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Ohtsam posted:

really positive reene is one of them too

oh without a doubt lol

look out, D&D wants to talk t oyour manager!!!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Phi230 posted:

1. lmao super hard

2. name names, coward

3. also keep posting more this is primo content
Sadly those were the only screencaps I got recently, would've gotten more but didn't anticipate they'd be so mad about not getting to post rape apologia that they'd go on a user purge

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Homeless Friend posted:

haha approvals go B&RRR

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Kaedric posted:

My only complaint with BnR is the whole 'don't talk about SA here'. Like, that is what people wanna talk about right now man. That's how you get people to come in and post right now.

agreed, there should at least be a refugee thread for people to vent

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Quetzadilla posted:

Lightning Knight eat my rear end

:pervert:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
cpsam closes at midnight

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

T-man posted:

President Turpm, my webforum yearns for freedom. Reene, former vicar of Something Awful took advantage of our uprising against the dictator Lowtax and has implemented attacks on Cspammers, an ethnic minority in the state. Please save our people, we are obsessed with you and spend many hours trying to understand you. Save free speech and also send Lowtax to jail.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
lol pastry startin to wild out in pyf now

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Truga posted:

this is amazing content

us liberals got persecuted

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

T-man posted:

Remember how he had a meltdown over my posting in IoSM because I was too political and trans positive? He sent me this a while afterwards once I stopped posting as much (or as well) and it creeped me right the gently caress out.

LaB was incredibly nice and helpful the whole time and she doesn't deserve what this website did to her.

ew wtf

Yeah agreed on LaB. Sad to see her go but definitely the right choice

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

SA forums background

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Thanatosian posted:

"Helping build a media empire almost as successful as Lowtax's" is an incredible self-own.

trust me he knows exactly what he's saying

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

T-man posted:

A "good" cop who as far as I can tell did absolutely nothing the entire time.

He ruffled the feathers of the QCS regular crew by basically doing nothing at all which is pretty drat funny imo

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
yeah realtalk I've been part of a bunch of stuff on SA and here for a lot of sagas but the PPJ poo poo was far and away the best and most hilarious goddamn ride

KM I'm sorry for what you had to go through and that PPJ took advantage of you and all

Given the PPJ saga I think decisions like "give the minorities their own subforum to talk about their issues away from decent folk" are cast in a new and very different light

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Fly Molo posted:

yeah wasn’t that lowtax’s idea originally?

That's how I remember it, but I wasn't there to see it go down and heard secondhand, after the fact

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Lightning Knight posted:

All my friends are here with me, resigning just off screen

you're better off tbh

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
lmao at everything but especially lowtax apparently hopping right into the alt right podcast circuit

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Yeah i was never too big on the mods=cops thing even if some of them definitely have a similar attitude or reactions but in light of recent events and the bigger picture of what cops are the comparison seems especially poor

That having been said I'm going to sneak into every cspam mods bedroom and wipe my rear end and balls all over their pillows

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

oxsnard posted:

make pj a mod

Make pj a dnd mod

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Giga Gaia posted:

i cant believe im watching this but hes seriously pulling the goldbelly's out the freezer

Holy loly

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Yelling about cookies

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

this will make things better

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I didn't want to poo poo in this guy's cheerios or detract from the energy of the thread so I'm posting this here because can't stop laughing at this series of words

isk posted:

You want to know what a proper apology is? Go to a loving Jimmy John's.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Lmao like the mods couldn't just, like, blank LA's feet pics post if they were actually concerned about her instead of trying to hide everything like they always do

Mods are still trash, water wet sky blue, new boss same as old boss

E: looks like the threads back. Todd another mod on the trash pile i guess

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 27, 2020

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Helsing's a dnd mod right? Why's he talking about modding cspam too, or was that just badly worded? Asking here so as to not derail the qcs mod questions thread.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Oh Snapple! posted:

Buddy I literally didn't make any kind of comment about that thread closing.

Brutalist just kinda likes to shout whatever's top of mind at whoever's passing by on the street corner

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
As a mod, you should have thicker skin and not use your buttons on folks who hurt your feelings with a dumb joke because you decided it "isn't funny"

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jun 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Uhh... does anyone want to be a mod?

no but if you're looking to trade off, I don't think anyone would object to getting LK back