Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

SUNKOS posted:

BreadnRoses already has a lot of people who've moved over, seems rad and actually has good QOL features SA doesn't have (e.g. a dark mode). If you want to register they're letting everyone in for free while GBS burns and the entire admin/mod team is in some kind of standoff with Lowtax for apparently beating a third woman so yeah.

They're opening up the new forum for the flood of new users. People using the same name as their SA name will be approved asap. If you choose a different name just PM WampaLord to let him know and he'll let you through.

"B+R is a community-owned space that seeks to foster solidarity between people from all backgrounds"

"Do not advocate for obvious bad poo poo like landlords/cops/capitalism/etc. This is a leftist space."

Cool so theoretically, if I have to rent one half of my duplex to an appreciative family so that I can afford my mortgage for the other half, I'm subhuman scum on these kinder gentler forums? Or am I good if I just sprinkle in some "full communism now" memes here and there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Dang I can already see what a neat and rad place this will be

I mean let's not jump to conclusions, I just want to make sure I'm not an outcast in this place. I lost my career in the military for being outed as gay, so that kinda makes me a leftist, but I also had to stand armed watch sometimes, so that kinda makes me a cop. How many leftist points do I need to be accepted.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

litany of gulps posted:

Well man, I don't know anything about this alternate forum, but you sound like a real turd.

Sure but you've been posting for as long as me and have 20 times the rap sheet... but then again, if mods knew... maybe a bigger rap sheet means you're a better person than I? It's a topsy-turvy world, this 2020 :shrug:

edit: I have a probe for being accused of defending Elon Musk and you have one for being accused of defending Joe Rogan, and they smoked weed together. Maybe that means we should be friends too.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jun 25, 2020

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

litany of gulps posted:

I mean, I get probated occasionally because I’m an rear end in a top hat. You sound like a professional victim

“I’m a gay landlord cop and I just fear I won’t be accepted in leftist spaces!”

Come on, what a joke

My life is a joke to you? My point was I like the SA community because there's spaces for people who use drugs or invest money or own guns, and people (at least more than anywhere else I've seen online) respect each other and are given the benefit of the doubt. It's been slipping into a hivemind more over the years but it's still mostly good.

This new forum rolls right off the bat with "anyone caught complimenting capitalism is in deep doo doo" which gives me pause. I don't consider myself a professional victim but I've been discriminated against in my real life (gay veteran living in Boston gets to be called "human being" and "baby killer" in the same week) and don't want to live in fear of persecution on an internet forum for having radical ideas like "yeah it would be nice if we could all live in a hippie commune but I guess this is a more workable better system for the moment". I dunno, I'm not a D&D poster or some super smarty. It just feels hostile. That site is asking for :tenbux: just like this one, maybe at least be evaluate their leadership on a critical level too before everyone dives over there.