Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
Lowtax can't beat Uwe Boll. Lowtax can beat women. Clearly more research is needed to find the line between things Lowtax can beat and things Lowtax can't beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

biznatchio posted:

Lowtax can't beat Uwe Boll. Lowtax can beat women. Clearly more research is needed to find the line between things Lowtax can beat and things Lowtax can't beat.

Uwe Boll beating the poo poo out of lowtax has never been funnier. He was the hero we didn't know we needed.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Kro-Bar posted:

Uwe Boll beating the poo poo out of lowtax has never been funnier. He was the hero we didn't know we needed.

wait what

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Jaxyon posted:

wait what

the 2016 didnt watch this fight live

RIP

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Jaxyon posted:

wait what

https://youtu.be/B3M_wGfYewo

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

I have no idea how this came about but I can be down with a serial abuser getting hit over and over

also generally most abusers are at least OK at fighting dude can't even do that well

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Jaxyon posted:

I have no idea how this came about but I can be down with a serial abuser getting hit over and over

also generally most abusers are at least OK at fighting dude can't even do that well

It was very popular to hate on Uwe Boll's terrible cash-in video game movie adaptations for awhile and Lowtax wrote some lovely articles about them so Uwe Boll (who was an amateur boxer) as a PR stunt offered to fight his "biggest critics" or whatever and Lowtax thought it was a big goof until he got punched in the head a lot.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Kro-Bar posted:

It was very popular to hate on Uwe Boll's terrible cash-in video game movie adaptations for awhile and Lowtax wrote some lovely articles about them so Uwe Boll (who was an amateur boxer) as a PR stunt offered to fight his "biggest critics" or whatever and Lowtax thought it was a big goof until he got punched in the head a lot.

Also, at the time, anyone at all thought that video game movies being bad was an affront to an art form, rather than a fitting punishment and a great excuse to get high as balls

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Somfin posted:

Also, at the time, anyone at all thought that video game movies being bad was an affront to an art form, rather than a fitting punishment and a great excuse to get high as balls

Those Uwe Boll videogame movies are really bad for the most part but way more entertaining than pretty much all other videogame movies.

He also made Blubberella which is a really bad 90-minute fatphobia joke he piggybacked on the production of his terribly sexist Bloodrayne movie so he's also no saint.

Also I never needed to see Dave Foley's dick.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I unironically loved Postal. It felt like the only movie where Boll was funny on purpose. I mean, how you not laugh at the gun battle between Nazis and terrorists in an amusement park, and when the scene cuts the only casualty is the kid extras in the background

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Kro-Bar posted:

Those Uwe Boll videogame movies are really bad for the most part but way more entertaining than pretty much all other videogame movies.

He also made Blubberella which is a really bad 90-minute fatphobia joke he piggybacked on the production of his terribly sexist Bloodrayne movie so he's also no saint.

Also I never needed to see Dave Foley's dick.

Those movies were made to be bad, it was all a tax evasion scheme, and Boll knew that. He was never trying to make them good.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Did he do House of the Dead? That was bad but tolerable.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
lowtax once tried to correct me on twitter and after showing him he was wrong i told him uwe boll must have rung his bell too hard if he thought he could try and correct me. then he deleted his comment lol

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I'd like Alex Jones to beat uwe boll so he could help " AMERICA 1 REPTILES 0" as he does for the mandible claw

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.

Bronze Fonz posted:

gently caress you Lowtax

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
To celebrate his departure I'm going to see if I can remaster the old airport video. He threatened to ban me if I ever posted it again, and now I feel like it is my duty to dust off the digital 8 and see what I can do. Anyone have a digital 8 player I can borrow?

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Well this didn't take long to find. Looks like this was an old video of my friends loving around with After Effects doing lightsabers (because Phantom Menace), and then I just happened to need a tape to record a known shitshow that was going to happen, so I wrote "Lowtax" in the corner. Yikes.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Ragnar34 posted:

On the bright side, Lipstick Apathy means you and I donated like five bucks each. That's about what it would cost to get a new av, which (I think) erases any tags you had. I do need there to be some legal paperwork saying the site doesn't belong to Lowtax before I start putting any more money in, though.

But yeah rip to the people who donated hundreds of dollars.

Buying an av erases gang tags but the donation message isn't one of those.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Well this didn't take long to find. Looks like this was an old video of my friends loving around with After Effects doing lightsabers (because Phantom Menace), and then I just happened to need a tape to record a known shitshow that was going to happen, so I wrote "Lowtax" in the corner. Yikes.

Wait, are you Star Wars Kid?

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Buying an av erases gang tags but the donation message isn't one of those.

is there a way to get rid of it then?

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Sarcastro posted:

Wait, are you Star Wars Kid?

Ok thats funny.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
I think Jeffrey said in QCS he was gonna do something about those donation tags after the forum purchase goes through.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice
Well, this is something. I took at least a month off here to help with my mental health (and it did), and I come back to this. Maybe another month is in store.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

doverhog posted:

Those movies were made to be bad, it was all a tax evasion scheme, and Boll knew that. He was never trying to make them good.

One of the other critics who got his rear end kicked recanted and got an internship on Postal, on which Boll commented "I must have hit them so hard their brains were damaged, because they all like my movies now"

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

shame on an IGA posted:

One of the other critics who got his rear end kicked recanted and got an internship on Postal, on which Boll commented "I must have hit them so hard their brains were damaged, because they all like my movies now"

lmfao that's the best line ive ever heard

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 241 days!
were we forgetting this?

because ignoring it and hoping it goes away just means pissing away any chance of saving this place

like, a reprieve to figure things out is running thin, and if you don't think people consider sa as still in limbo you're delusuonal

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Forgetting what?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Breath Ray posted:

Forgetting what?

Uwe Bill beats women. By the transitive property

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Hodgepodge posted:

were we forgetting this?

because ignoring it and hoping it goes away just means pissing away any chance of saving this place

like, a reprieve to figure things out is running thin, and if you don't think people consider sa as still in limbo you're delusuonal

i'm not sure there's a whole lot we can do at the moment, other than hold off on forum purchases for a bit and wait to see exactly how good/bad/existent the eventual ownership change deal is and what it entails exactly

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Hodgepodge posted:

were we forgetting this?

What's there to forget? The desired outcome is currently in process, all we can do is see how it shakes out.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Yup. Read the announcement; legal transactions can take a bit, especially if lowtax was as careful and thorough with the books and documents as we suspect.
Everyone in harm's way is out of it; now we wait.

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

i'm looking forward to the new owner monetizing posting history and credit card data with the latest adtech and also some light blackmail

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

MightyBigMinus posted:

i'm looking forward to the new owner monetizing posting history and credit card data with the latest adtech and also some light blackmail

$1.99 to delete a post, $0.99 for edit button.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Hodgepodge posted:

were we forgetting this?

Jeffery and Cyrano in QCS have basically said that if Lowtax didn't accept to Jeffery's deal of buying the forums, they would have all autobanned spamming a link to a new xenforo site jeffery purchased just in case. I think we're gonna know if this deal goes south when that happens.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Hitler built the autobahn and people still drive on it.

Lowtax can be a piece of poo poo but people will still post here but doesn't mean they agree with him.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Enigma89 posted:

Lowtax can be a piece of poo poo but people will still post here but doesn't mean they agree with him.

These are absolutely comparable scenarios and you are a smart person for making this post.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Enigma89 posted:

Hitler built the autobahn

Radium built the autoban.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Enigma89 posted:

I don't think Hitler is still collecting any revenue though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

PerniciousKnid posted:

I don't think Hitler is still collecting any revenue though.

Yea. If the sale falls apart or something I’m bouncing back to discord. Hope it doesn’t because I’m old and much more enjoy the slower pace of forums posting