Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Ambitious Spider posted:

Yea. If the sale falls apart or something I’m bouncing back to discord. Hope it doesn’t because I’m old and much more enjoy the slower pace of forums posting

I know my forums experience would be massively improved by the ability to slam out a post and get twelve 👀 responses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Radium built the autoban.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

PerniciousKnid posted:

I don't think Hitler is still collecting any revenue though.

Argentinian taxes on overseas income aren't that bad, I'm sure he still gets enough to live on.

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?

cda posted:

Argentinian taxes on overseas income aren't that bad, I'm sure he still gets enough to live on.

wait what? I thought hitler died

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Hitlers never die.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Cabbages and Kings posted:

lol this guy doesn't know about the clones.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

DrSunshine posted:

lol this guy doesn't know about the clones.

If the original retired, do the clones get to still collect his pension?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Julias posted:

If the original retired, do the clones get to still collect his pension?

Well, one of them does - the one that wins the Nazi Clone Celebrity Deathmatch.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Kro-Bar posted:

It was very popular to hate on Uwe Boll's terrible cash-in video game movie adaptations for awhile and Lowtax wrote some lovely articles about them so Uwe Boll (who was an amateur boxer) as a PR stunt offered to fight his "biggest critics" or whatever and Lowtax thought it was a big goof until he got punched in the head a lot.

The best thing about that entire affair was a Cracked-writer who also made fun of Uwe Boll being all-in on fighting him, but then Uwe Boll chickened out when he learned that guy was an accomplished kickboxer

But when looking at Lowtax, Uwe Boll apparently decided "yeah, I can take this guy" and history was made :allears:

cherry13chumscum
Jun 14, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Prester Jane posted:

Goons if I could ask you to read an effort post I'd like to suggest what I feel is one of the best things we could do in this situation.

First off I would like to humbly request that we hold off on the discussion where to assign blame for this communities enabling of Lowtax's abuse for the moment- it's an important discussion to have, but I don't feel this exact moment is the best time to have it because there are more pressing issues to address that should come first. The one thing comment I have on the matter is: irrespective of individual levels of guilt that can be rationally (or irrationally) assigned to various members of this community; the fact of the matter is that the community (as a whole) bears a very significant level of responsibility for enabling Lowtax's abuse. We cannot wash this stain or undo what has been done, but what we can do is (as a community) focus first and foremost on helping Logan get into a better and safer space.

I think when you view Logan's video and her recent actions it's important to keep in mind what exactly the context is and how astonishingly difficult it is for an individual in her situation to psychologically overcome the conditioning they have experienced and recognize that they are an abuse victim. At this point in her life Logan's entire self-identity, professional career, and source of revenue, are all tied up in Lowtax via this website. This is a very common situation for abuse victims to be placed in by their abusers and one of the reasons why it is often so hard for abuse victims to recognize the situation and extract themselves from it- so let's do what we can to make that (impossibly difficult) internal journey easier for Logan.

Logan, sweetie, if you happen to read this I want you to know that you are a worthy human being who deserves love and compassion. Yes, even being an alcoholic bipolar mess in a terrible situation- you are still worthy of love and compassion. Your safety, and your future happiness, are more important than this community. So your level of responsibility for the current situation doesn't matter, what matters is getting you out of this situation and into a safe one where you have the time and resources you need to focus on your recovery.

To that end goons I would like to propose that we open a GoFundMe of some sort to support Logan, get her away from Lowtax and help her afford the help she is going to need to restart/rebuild her life after this. I would also like to suggest that we open a simular GoFundMe for Lowtax's other victims, and in particular his children, who are definitely going to need support in the coming months/years.

In my view these are the least we can do to acknowledge that no matter which individuals Among Us shoulder the blame, we as a community have a clear-cut responsibility to do whatever we can to help Lowtax's victims recover from the abuse that our community has enabled.

Second this and also second that the victims should set up the GoFundMes themselves but how will the victims know that the forum members want to help? How will they know that SA goons will actually send them money? More importantly if the victims set up donation funds for themselves how are we going to know?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

cherry13chumscum posted:

Second this and also second that the victims should set up the GoFundMes themselves but how will the victims know that the forum members want to help? How will they know that SA goons will actually send them money? More importantly if the victims set up donation funds for themselves how are we going to know?

1) make gofundme that is verifiably connected to the person (eg the person or their friends and family link it)

2) mods put it in an announcement or something

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
He's posting in a GBS thread now if you want the catharsis of telling him to gently caress off.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
A bit late for the obligatory rampage, is he

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Is he leaving or what? I don't want to be on a forum run by a woman beater.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

UnknownTarget posted:

Is he leaving or what? I don't want to be on a forum run by a woman beater.

He's absolutely going to renege on the deal, refuse to sell, and ban everyone who challenged his rule lol.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

RagnarokAngel posted:

He's absolutely going to renege on the deal, refuse to sell, and ban everyone who challenged his rule lol.

Yeah, I was feeling comfortable with staying until he started melting down non-stop everywhere.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
I really don't see any reason to believe that he's not going to sell the site. He knows that if he calls off the deal then all the mods and admins leave and he has to do a shitload of work trying to figure out how to run this place with only a small fraction of the userbase remaining and not having actually done anything here for like half a decade at least. He may be stupid and crazy but he's not stupid and crazy enough that he's not just going to take the payout from Jeffery and leave.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

His Patreon has dropped to $728 a month so my guess is that he'll really want the easy money from Jeffery if only to help handle winding down whatever he has going on that used to rely on making six figures a year.

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017
I ducked out of this drama for a while so this might have already been discussed but if not it should be brought to everyone's attention that charges were filed. Expect the goalposts to move as this is not a felony charge.

Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.
This got me thinking about Rich’s first fiancé, Integral, the old forum Admin. Hopefully she’s doing well. This old article certainly seems a little greasy now.

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/what-learned-last/

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

I really don't see any reason to believe that he's not going to sell the site. He knows that if he calls off the deal then all the mods and admins leave and he has to do a shitload of work trying to figure out how to run this place with only a small fraction of the userbase remaining and not having actually done anything here for like half a decade at least. He may be stupid and crazy but he's not stupid and crazy enough that he's not just going to take the payout from Jeffery and leave.

He reopened FYAD just to be an rear end in a top hat, if he wants to sell he's either sabotaging his own attempts or is gloating because he knows Jeff will buy anyway.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Premeditated Toast posted:

This got me thinking about Rich’s first fiancé, Integral, the old forum Admin. Hopefully she’s doing well. This old article certainly seems a little greasy now.

If someone writes an essay about how crazy their ex is with a ton of personal details, its not a great sign.

I hope your back fucks out again Lowtax

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Premeditated Toast posted:

loltax

Bitch Kyanka posted:

I possess some ability which causes people to spontaneously grow nutty after repeated exposure to myself.

For example, I dated some girl for a few months in college. After I broke up with her, she promptly became a lesbian.

If I were to conceivably embark on a strict loving and forgetting policy, then I wouldn't have to deal with the aspect of becoming engaged to somebody whose mind is composed of an equal mixture of "cryin' and lyin'" neurons.

loving BITCHES *crashes bmx bike*

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Weirdo posted:

loving BITCHES *crashes bmx bike*
I passed out last night with my headphones on and woke to Lenon's "Jealous Guy". In my half-hungover groggy state I imagined it about Lowtax's sweaty toes

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

So did Lowtax come back, reinstate FYAD, and now controls the website again? Wtf is going on with this.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Lowtax controls the website until the moment he sells it to Jeffrey. Nothing has changed until then.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
I'd LIKE to follow the main GBS thread about this, but when I tried I found someone spamming the usual suspects of the disgusting picture set (Goatsx and all that) and I gave up in disgust.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
AFAIK, The process of selling the site to Jeffrey is still ongoing. It's a real-deal actual business sale with lawyers and contracts and due diligence and stuff involved, so it's been taking a while and will probably take a while longer.

Until that process is completed, Lowtax continues to own the site, profit from the store income, and retains the power to do whatever he wants here.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
do you know offhand if announcements just fall off after enough time has passed if there hasn't been a new post in whatever venue those happen by

I think that jeff post disappearing is what threw a lot of people besides just the whole attrition thing

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Violen posted:

do you know offhand if announcements just fall off after enough time has passed if there hasn't been a new post in whatever venue those happen by

I think that jeff post disappearing is what threw a lot of people besides just the whole attrition thing

The announcement is still here, so I don't know what you're talking about? :confused:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Libluini posted:

The announcement is still here, so I don't know what you're talking about? :confused:

The old announcement got unpined, which happens after a certain amount of time, which made some people nervous. Someone just had to bug Jeffrey to remind him of this fact so he posted a new announcement this morning.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
yeah sorry I was probably just too dumb to notice it repinned before I made that post

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Violen posted:

Yeah, announcements automatically unsticky after a while. The duration of an announcement can probably be customized and I'm guessing Jeffrey just wasn't bothering up till now.

The same thing can be done with stickies, incidentally. When a mod stickies a thread, they can also set a length of time for it to be stickied. I usually set it to "indefinite" though because it's not like it's a big deal to come back and unsticky it later.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
What kind of clown college lawyer allows Seller the freedom to set the asset on fire during due diligence.

Liquidated damages per Lowtax post in the buy/sell or GTFO

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Would be a disaster if the deal falls trough. I will continue to use the site until the loss of users make it a dull place with little posting action. (Which would not take long if the deal was officially cancelled). I have no interest in any substitutions so that will the end my association with SA and it`s culture.

Crumbskull
Sep 13, 2005

The worker and the soil

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

What kind of clown college lawyer allows Seller the freedom to set the asset on fire during due diligence.

Liquidated damages per Lowtax post in the buy/sell or GTFO

The kind that someone who thinks this website is a resonable investment would hire.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Crumbskull posted:

The kind that someone who thinks this website is a resonable investment would hire.

Even by 2020 this site was still making almost 100k in profit a year. And that was with an owner who didn't give a poo poo about it and had almost zero involvement in day to day business. Even if it hurts to hear it, but this dad gay forum is probably a multi million dollar business.

Crumbskull
Sep 13, 2005

The worker and the soil

GABA ghoul posted:

Even by 2020 this site was still making almost 100k in profit a year. And that was with an owner who didn't give a poo poo about it and had almost zero involvement in day to day business. Even if it hurts to hear it, but this dad gay forum is probably a multi million dollar business.

Hire a lawyer about it.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Addendum: Lowtax Beats Women, also beats to women's feets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

imagine how cheap this forum would be to run once you got it onto xenforo 2 with the super small overhead