Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Doctor Butts posted:

I didn't know poo poo about his personal life other than he was married, divorced, and had kids, and had health problems.

Reading up, it looks like there's a pattern of him just somehow always picking crazy women who all make abuse allegations. (That's sarcasm).

It makes me question whether his spine issues are legitimate.

It's so lovely that it takes something like this for all his behavior and attitudes on things to finally make sense.

Honestly, I think the spine issues are legitimate and might be feeding into this spiral he's on. Someone who feels they have no control over their life have a habit of taking it out on others. Not meaning to excuse it or downplay it though, that poo poo is monstrous, especially after we gave him the benefit of the doubt in his last divorce (and it's doubly hosed up considering IIRC he got his ex deported and took full custody of their daughter). The SA forums were a happy accident largely in spite of him. I guess we try and figure out how we move forward from here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Cornwind Evil posted:

The what now?

Doobie's Dog House was a thing like 8 years ago. It was a kickstarter for an (I think) Alabama guy who wanted to start some sort of premium hot dog truck. The guys' folksy charm won over a couple of the moderators and they stickied a thread to signal boost him in GBS. They wound up getting the guy like 14 thousand dollars (Including one guy who gave 1k like, right before Christmas). The guy took the money, decided gently caress the truck and tried to open a proper restaurant, launched a second kickstarted to fund a grill hood and fire suppression system for the building, and then vanished.

Goon's got pissed and called out the moderators that were signal boosting a perceived scam artist (fun note, he did *eventually* wind up opening his restaurant, and it was lovely and awful and went out of business in 2016) . Mods and admins gassed and banned anyone who brought it up. A bunch of GBS people quit the forums because of it.