Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
I completely agree with most of that, but if there are any GoFundMes opened, they should be done by his victims themselves or at least with the knowledge and consent of his victims. Don't go off and do them just on your own initiative.

I'm not saying this because I'm worried about forum rules or anything dumb like that. Some of Lowtax's previous victims are entangled in a lot of legal poo poo with him, and an unexpected infusion of cash could throw a bunch of chaos into things like divorce cases and custody arrangements. It's really heartwarming to see so many goons looking for any way they can find to do what's right, but a well-intentioned goon project could very easily cause more problems than it solves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
I think Jeffrey said in QCS he was gonna do something about those donation tags after the forum purchase goes through.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
AFAIK, The process of selling the site to Jeffrey is still ongoing. It's a real-deal actual business sale with lawyers and contracts and due diligence and stuff involved, so it's been taking a while and will probably take a while longer.

Until that process is completed, Lowtax continues to own the site, profit from the store income, and retains the power to do whatever he wants here.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Violen posted:

do you know offhand if announcements just fall off after enough time has passed if there hasn't been a new post in whatever venue those happen by

I think that jeff post disappearing is what threw a lot of people besides just the whole attrition thing

Yeah, announcements automatically unsticky after a while. The duration of an announcement can probably be customized and I'm guessing Jeffrey just wasn't bothering up till now.

The same thing can be done with stickies, incidentally. When a mod stickies a thread, they can also set a length of time for it to be stickied. I usually set it to "indefinite" though because it's not like it's a big deal to come back and unsticky it later.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
I think they leave that one out of the textbooks in Texas