Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
puppy paintings! silly grandpa! michelle obama’s friend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

baseboll with ellen, hot dogs and iphones

titaniumone
Jun 10, 2001

in all these years I've only ever given the forums like $20

it's not hard to stop giving money

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Soricidus posted:

ahh those happy carefree days when we thought dubya was as bad as it could get

dubya is still worse than trump

titaniumone
Jun 10, 2001

has anyone considered setting up a Discourse forum

it would be pretty funny to migrate to that after Atwood got run out of here on a rail

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

When I was a teenager I lived with my mother, who was abusive. There was an awful experience once when we were living out of a motel room and we got into a huge argument. It was the middle of the night and there was a legit blizzard going on outside.

I didn't want to fight so I went to go take a shower and she threw my clothing out into the snowbank while I was in the shower, leaving me naked when I came out. Then we got into a screaming match and at one point she was screaming at me to hit her to just do it, etc etc. It was so far from the truth that it defused the whole situation for me and I went out into the snow, got my freezing clothes, got dressed in the blizzard and hitchhiked over a mountain to a different place I could stay.

All this is to say gently caress lowtax. My hosed up abused teenage self had more self-control even while at the other end of the power spectrum.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

titaniumone posted:

it would be pretty funny to migrate to that after Atwood got run out of here on a rail

🤔

titaniumone posted:

in all these years I've only ever given the forums like $20

it's not hard to stop giving money

i’ve probably had to register like 5 times after band etc and like 20 avatars over the years. i wanted a new picture god drat nit!

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

titaniumone posted:

https://yospos.computer is now rebranded as https://yospos.one after some very expensive microsoft consulting

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
the yospo zone

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

fart simpson posted:

100%, the crazy rightward lurch after 9/11 is still killing people to this day.

Covid might make Donny's legacy more toxic than Dubya's tho

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

fart simpson posted:

dubya was worse for the world, trump is worse for americans.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

from what I hear down here America is still being made great again

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

idk that trump is worse for americans either. bush 2 was insanely bad in ways im still finding out about. trumps badness is right on the tin

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
abolish the presidency

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
I have it on good authority that her majesty will be prepared to consider a petition to reestablish the monarchy

George
Nov 27, 2004

no kings tho

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

from what I hear down here America is still being made great again

yeah, it’s been an issue since 1776.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

George posted:

abolish the presidency

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Jabor posted:

the yospo zone

the yosp’zone

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

President Beep posted:

the yosp’zone

Moose Milkie
Sep 6, 2007

:cthulhu::respek::ghost:
COME ON GET INVOLVED
THERE'S A MOOSETERY TO SOLVE
HANG AROUND WITH MOOSE MILKIE

ROVER HERE!!!!!

Raere posted:

current status: have never beaten a woman

you've never been near a woman

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil

El Mero Mero posted:

When I was a teenager I lived with my mother, who was abusive. There was an awful experience once when we were living out of a motel room and we got into a huge argument. It was the middle of the night and there was a legit blizzard going on outside.

I didn't want to fight so I went to go take a shower and she threw my clothing out into the snowbank while I was in the shower, leaving me naked when I came out. Then we got into a screaming match and at one point she was screaming at me to hit her to just do it, etc etc. It was so far from the truth that it defused the whole situation for me and I went out into the snow, got my freezing clothes, got dressed in the blizzard and hitchhiked over a mountain to a different place I could stay.

All this is to say gently caress lowtax. My hosed up abused teenage self had more self-control even while at the other end of the power spectrum.

for real. gently caress to the dog lowtax. there's never an excuse for abuse. Glad you made it through

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

dubya’s (Chaney’s) motivation was American dominance of political and natural resources, trump motivation is revenge and ego

dubya killed more people but trump has damaged more brains

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Perplx posted:

dubya killed more people

there will probably be more covid deaths in the usa by the end of the year than there have been violent civilian deaths in iraq ascribable to the war (~200,000).

if we're just talking about american lives there's no contest.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Moose Milkie posted:

you've never been near a woman

emptyquoting moose “the gif” milkie in 2020

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

there will probably be more covid deaths in the usa by the end of the year than there have been violent civilian deaths in iraq ascribable to the war (~200,000).

why ascribe covid deaths to trump? had someone else been in charge would america have a functional healthcare system or a government capable of solving a problem? obviously not

the iraq war was a choice covid is just a circumstance

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

LastInLine posted:

why ascribe covid deaths to trump?

because his response to the crisis has been to actively, intentionally exacerbate it at every possible opportunity.

any deaths above the low estimate (which, back in march, I believe was under 50,000 people by the end of the year with the optimal response) are directly attributable to his actions.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
credible estimates of Iraq war deaths are 150,000 to 650,000, US corona deaths could still be lower than that (but they won’t be).

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i was going to say trying to qualify who's worse always sucks, but it's good when it spurs meaningful discussion.

LastInLine posted:

why ascribe covid deaths to trump? had someone else been in charge would america have a functional healthcare system or a government capable of solving a problem? obviously not

the iraq war was a choice covid is just a circumstance

i think this is a pretty good point. also, Trump is pretty good for radicalization of decorum centrists because he's so mask off (:smug:) about his corruption.

is this now the yospos politics thread

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Sagebrush posted:

because his response to the crisis has been to actively, intentionally exacerbate it at every possible opportunity.

any deaths above the low estimate (which, back in march, I believe was under 50,000 people by the end of the year with the optimal response) are directly attributable to his actions.

lol. america was gonna eat total poo poo on this no matter who was president. every institution was rotten to the core and the government completely captured by corporations before trump announced his candidacy.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

at the first sign of trouble, literally every member of congress except that one republican immediately voted to sell out the country to corporate interests. it’s all we know how to do

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

fart simpson posted:

lol. america was gonna eat total poo poo on this no matter who was president. every institution was rotten to the core and the government completely captured by corporations before trump announced his candidacy.

sure. and yet i am positive that none of the other candidates, on either side of the aisle, would be so god damned moronic and petty as to politicize something as benign as wearing a mask. you could have ronald reagan's reanimated corpse in the white house and it'd be telling everyone that we have to do our patriotic duty and wear a mask to beat the commie virus.

i know it seems like 10,000 years ago now but remember that there was a run on PPE back in march and everyone on every side of the political spectrum was hoarding masks and hand sanitizer. the anti-mask stuff didn't happen until bigly daddy came out and told his followers that he doesn't believe in germs.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

it'll be real weird if everything that's gone wrong for the us is now ultimately ascribed to trump in peoples minds.

much like people ascribe a bunch of decisions to some 9/11 insanity. "president george bush went to war in iraq without firm grounds, a thing that couldn't possibly have happened the decade before!"

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

quantifying only american lives is how dubya gets reinstated into the not totally disastrous presidencies

the iraq war is still the most nakedly cynical affair thats happened in living memory

say what you want about trump but at least he wasnt pushing for a disastrous no-fly-zone over a syrian conflict that was at least partly caused by wiping the iraqi government off the map

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Sagebrush posted:

sure. and yet i am positive that none of the other candidates, on either side of the aisle, would be so god damned moronic and petty as to politicize something as benign as wearing a mask. you could have ronald reagan's reanimated corpse in the white house and it'd be telling everyone that we have to do our patriotic duty and wear a mask to beat the commie virus.

i know it seems like 10,000 years ago now but remember that there was a run on PPE back in march and everyone on every side of the political spectrum was hoarding masks and hand sanitizer. the anti-mask stuff didn't happen until bigly daddy came out and told his followers that he doesn't believe in germs.

yeah that must be why dr fauci lied to the american public about the efficacy of masks and i then spent weeks arguing with moron libs telling me masks don’t work

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

pictured: a bunch of boomer chud conservatives exposing themselves to risk because they believed trump. definitely wouldn’t have happened under any other president

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

don’t beat women also :gas: this dumb thread

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

america was broken before trump hes a symptom not a cause

we were always going to be wrecked by the disease because we lack a functional government and these kinds of things cant be addressed with the skills we have left. even if people wore their masks the government was not going to allow for anyone to stay home because number must go up. we as a country cannot deal with a crisis no matter who is in charge because it is fundamentally broken and has been for a while now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

fart simpson posted:

pictured: a bunch of boomer chud conservatives exposing themselves to risk because they believed trump. definitely wouldn’t have happened under any other president

honestly, they might have. Trump didn't expect to win and was planning on launching a media company and probably would have been a locus for boomer CHUDs anyway.

i think he slashed the CDC's budget before 'rona though, that's a non-cultural, structural effect he's had.