Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*posting on page 378 of the COD megathread* Oooooo sick! Just shot a guy in the head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

*posting on page 378 of the COD megathread* Oooooo sick! Just shot a guy in the head.

lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

playing cod w/ friends to stay mentally regular thru quarantine and reading a bunch of scifi horror for fun & art inspiration. def miss posting, praying to god i can make it however many months til the next big fromsoft or nintendo game. even after like 200 hours of modern warfare i have almost nothing to say about it lol

lol i hear you, this is a fuckin weird time to be a gamer. i feel like i'm just marking time until something i actually want to play comes out and trying to get my wife into gaming so i have someone to talk to about it. whats the reading list look like? i've been chewing through east of eden but for some reason i can only read about a chapter at a time so it's taking forever, i could use something a little more binge-friendly

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

lol

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Whatever happens it has been a pleasure sharing my weekend gaming plans with you fellow imps. It just wouldn't be the same in a discord chat. Semper juegos

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Fungah! posted:

lol i hear you, this is a fuckin weird time to be a gamer. i feel like i'm just marking time until something i actually want to play comes out and trying to get my wife into gaming so i have someone to talk to about it. whats the reading list look like? i've been chewing through east of eden but for some reason i can only read about a chapter at a time so it's taking forever, i could use something a little more binge-friendly

I had an insanely good time with Ted Chiang’s short story collections Exhalation and Stories of Your Life, huge recommend, and Stephen King’s From A Buick 8 was amazing. Im making my way thru the Dark Tower series now, and then maybe on to The Stand or just some other cosmic horror writer if i need a break. But it’s real good eats currently, cant believe I’ve been sleeping on how much fun it is to read King

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Just wanna hang with imps where ever destiny takes us

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

I had an insanely good time with Ted Chiang’s short story collections Exhalation and Stories of Your Life, huge recommend, and Stephen King’s From A Buick 8 was amazing. Im making my way thru the Dark Tower series now, and then maybe on to The Stand or just some other cosmic horror writer if i need a break. But it’s real good eats currently, cant believe I’ve been sleeping on how much fun it is to read King

Stories of Your Life is on my reading list - last year I read an extremely good sci-fi short story collection called Tomorrow Factory by Rich Larson. Highly recommended. I also read Ursula K. LeGuin's Left Hand of Darkness and started Cat's Cradle

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

In Training posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

theres about no chance lowtax shuts down the site, it's his only link to the glory days of 2003-2004 and the only thing giving him spine money. if he doesnt have SA he's just another wife-beating shitstain in the midwest

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

posting like once a day with Guy in camper window.
gently caress thought i got that nade off
How did that not hit. stuff like that

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I loved EOE fungah, devoured it when I read it in feb. Where are you in it?

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Arrhythmia posted:

The Imp Zone is the best community there has ever been and Lowtax is a piece of poo poo.

I don't post much here but Imp Zone seems to be the most genuinely fun subforum.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

huge ups for the Stand, IMO it's his best book, i legit had nightmares about the beginning bit lol. might be a bit too topical atm though. it's super easy to give king stick for writing all his books in a cocaine haze that gave him the power to do like six a year but he's also an insanely good horror writer. there's a reason he's so successful, he genuinely gets how to scare people and has a crazy number of good ideas. you should check out richard matheson if you havent too, my buddy's who's obsessed with king turned me onto matheson and he's incredible. I Am Legend is unbelievable and basically everyone who wrote horror since cribbed off of it

thanks for the rec on Chiang, added both of those to my next book order. i need to read more lol, right now it's basically work video games TV all day every day

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

posting like once a day with Guy in camper window.
gently caress thought i got that nade off
How did that not hit. stuff like that

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

I loved EOE fungah, devoured it when I read it in feb. Where are you in it?

still early, cathy just showed up at the trask homestead. the book is unbelievably good, basically everything about it is beautiful

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

lol

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm gonna keep posting in the imp zone I think, until it or I die

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I don't post much here but Imp Zone seems to be the most genuinely fun subforum.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fungah! posted:

still early, cathy just showed up at the trask homestead. the book is unbelievably good, basically everything about it is beautiful

his writing about scenery and nature is amazing. his character writing is so good because he describes them in such broad strokes and then develops them all with unexpected depths. A pal of mine did a book swap for xmas and got it for me, great gift.

Also when I was looking up Steinbeck after found out they had hoodies in 1950 which is hosed up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

its been bothering me for a long time but i love the content of the hosed up controller thread so i dont wanna lose it. i wanna rename it so its not a joke about loving kids. any suggestions.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

The Klowner posted:

I'm gonna keep posting in the imp zone I think, until it or I die

Wish granted [cocks machine gun]

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Rock n’ Controller Part 2

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Game Controllers only Ugly Children Used

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

In Training posted:

its been bothering me for a long time but i love the content of the hosed up controller thread so i dont wanna lose it. i wanna rename it so its not a joke about loving kids. any suggestions.

the hosed up controller thread :shrug:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fungah! posted:

for mental health i recommend some ya fiction like chronicles of ayden, the aiden chronciles, AyDyn: The Reconing, or its sequal series EiyDyyn: Kingoms of Colton

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

for mental health i recommend some ya fiction like chronicles of ayden, the aiden chronciles, AyDyn: The Reconing, or its sequal series EiyDyyn: Kingoms of Colton

lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Kingoms of Colton

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

controllers only used by the police in the sex trafficking house that was run by the police

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Controllers only midwestern wife-beating fuckfaces would use

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

lynn.ogren@ci.minneapolis.mn.us keyboard

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

controllers only used by the police in the sex trafficking house that was run by the police

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lmao

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

American McGay posted:

poo poo's weird.

Although many of you here were probably already aware, if you don't browse GBS/QCS you might not have known the latest news, and that's that Lowtax is a serial-abuser of women and a rampant liar and just an overall bad dude. If you've been paying any attention to the site over the past few years you already knew this. The difference this time is that it seems other people have finally stopped believing his lies as well. What does this mean for the future of this website? Who knows, but it doesn't seem good.

Imp Zone is really cool. It's not what it was in its heyday of years ago, but it's survived and is somehow still the best place to post about video games on the entire internet. I like posting about video games on the internet. I hope we can continue to post about video games together in the future.

Jesus, Lowtax is a piece of poo poo. I hope the people he has hurt can obtain justice and restitution.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fiend Matador posted:

Jesus, Lowtax is a piece of poo poo. I hope the people he has hurt can obtain justice and restitution.

lol, but grimly

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I feel like I'm gonna be out of the loop on cool gaming stuff without the Imp Zone, but if that's the way it is, so be it.