Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
Now that this thread is open again, I'd also like to request an invite whenever you can.

quick edit: I found an old rear end thread that had a bunch of other lurkers post in it, and I'm on page 4. If you've been lurking since 2017 you might be in there too! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3807495&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Manyorcas fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Asking for an invite via PM please.

You’re good people for doing this.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Been lurking GiP since (maybe before?) Caro started dropping videos from Libya, and would also appreciate a discord invite.

If you want some evidence I've been around for a while, the oldest line on my rap sheet was from when EBB turned the dog thread into the cat thread.

edit: realized I didn't actually have PMs set up. Fixed now.

Hobo on Fire fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jun 25, 2020

idempodunk
May 12, 2001
Toilet Rascal
Long-time lurker to the CE threads - it's been my lifeline and I would appreciate a Discord invite, but totally understand if you'd prefer to keep it to regular/trusted contributors.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
I posted in the CE about an invite but get that there are privacy concerns. So will just keep a look out here for whatever you decide on.

Also I don't have plat and would have to drop an email. Is there a go to temp. service for that, speaking of privacy stuff?

As for Bona Fides...uh, Monty is awesome ?

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Adding my name to this list, I only just started posting here semi-regularly because I didn't really feel like this space was for me (fully aware that y'all aren't screaming STOLEN VALOR when non-vets post). Been reading religiously ever since I got sick of D&D c. Hurricane Harvey.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Another lurker jumping into the CE thread discord request pile. The thread's pretty much the best way I've found for keeping up to date with poo poo, and I don't want to lose it just because the tax man's terrible

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .
I've lurked GiP for ages. I would love an invite.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

I'll toss my name here as well:

loljkspambox@gmail.com

Apathetic Medic
Apr 22, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'd like an invite to the discord even if this place doesn't go down. GIP has been my homepage for almost 6 years now and it's one of the reasons why I enlisted (thanks for that btw)

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

discord invite please. this is my main source for current events

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
I already posted in the CE thread, but I'll post here too in case that makes it easier to keep track.

No plat, so *snip* if you please. I've posted in the current CE thread and the gaming thread in the before times, but totally fine with being crammed in a quarantine zone with the other lurkers.

ZombieApostate fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jun 27, 2020

RC01214
Apr 14, 2013
Would like a link via PM. The CE thread seems to more reliable than most other news nowadays.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Apathetic Medic posted:

GIP has been my homepage for almost 6 years now and it's one of the reasons why I enlisted (thanks for that btw)

what :psyduck:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Welp, here we are.

One invite, please!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

CE thread is my fav news source that I occasionally shitpost in. Here's a dog:

Apathetic Medic
Apr 22, 2010

Fun Shoe

18 year old me heard they could have free college, healthcare, and a steady paycheck if they sign on the dotted line, it didn't matter what else I heard. Probably should've paid more attention to the gently caress gently caress games!

Apathetic Medic fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 24, 2020

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

poo poo sucks, would appreciate an invite PM. Please accept dog pic as payment:

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

May as well.

Chornystya
Dec 23, 2018

Also a long time lurker and would appreciate an invite to the discord. Here's my pupper payment

ComWalk
Mar 4, 2007
Just in case this winds up being the only path to the whatever replaces the CE thread and you guys find some way to do this safely, requesting an invite via PM.

Thanks for a solid decade of lurking no matter what though.

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working
I'd like one through PM please.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
I'd like a link to the Discord, please. I've never been military but I have posted in here a few times.

quite_fatalan@hotmail.com

hannibal
Jul 27, 2001

[img-planes]
Would appreciate an invite as well (PMs are fine)

Burning Beard
Nov 21, 2008

Choking on bits of fallen bread crumbs
Oh, this burning beard, I have come undone
It's just as I've feared. I have, I have come undone
Bugger dumb the last of academe

Invite, please, pms are good

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

hannibal posted:

Would appreciate an invite as well (PMs are fine)

:stare:

that's an av I haven't seen in a while

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

krispykremessuck posted:

:stare:

that's an av I haven't seen in a while

Holy cow. Yeah

I'm half expecting to see Slippery show up here

mmtt
May 8, 2009
Reposting here my request to the super duper GiP discord. PM are fine.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Invite please, PM is fine.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I'm a fat worthless civvie, but y'all guys are the coolest vets I've ever met. If this forum's about to go down for good, I'd like to join the discord as well.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Hook me up with an invite PM please. I'm an elder-goon and anybody in the Navy thread can vouch for me.

Seekhay
Sep 11, 2001

College Slice
would love an invite so I can keep lurking, as I have been for the past, uh forever. Not sure where I would get my CE fix if not for this place. (PMs fine)

Advantageous
Apr 8, 2012

I only trust you guys for CE and have lurked that thread for years. Would appreciate an invite if possible.

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

*not a small business owner

discord link please, I owe at least half my sanity to lurking the CE thread

timma85
Feb 13, 2006
I’d like to hope in the discord. I lurk and sometimes post. No plat so email is: tkc85 at hotmail.com

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

I post oh so very little in CE but I got a post here or there I think? It's way to sane and good for the times we live in and I don't want to give it up so, please hit me up too.

thisisCarlXii @ gmail

Turns out being cheapskate against Lowtax was the moral choice! Oh alas DM's, I never new ye

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
ahh hell if this dumb forum dies I'll miss the CE and explosions/cam/missile knows where it is thread (and aero-insanity)

I'll take a disco invite if they're still happening.

bzw
Mar 31, 2007
waxing
+1, I would prefer not to lose the community that has been much more self-aware than the one I have to work with.

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

Thank you Mr President for Making America Great Again! USA #1! I shouldn't have to understand other cultures, I'm a god damn American hero.
I don't think I've ever posted in here but I've been lurking for a pretty long time. This is the only cool group of veterans that I've seen and it would be nice to join you guys.

also

kraken! posted:

discord link please, I owe at least half my sanity to lurking the CE thread
same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Title? I dont need no stinkin' Title
Yikes... invite please...