Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
I'll take a Discord link, if only to rep the Canadian contingent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Women and children first, but requesting a ride in the second round of boats.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Note to anyone trying to get an invite link and use it later: apparently they expire after a few hours. :( I only have discord on my desktop at home and thought I could wait until I was home from work.

I'll try for one this weekend. On a positive note, it seems like there's enough positive support for the forums as an institution that hopefully it doesn't just blip out in mid-sente

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
hook a brother up

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Note to anyone trying to get an invite link and use it later: apparently they expire after a few hours. :( I only have discord on my desktop at home and thought I could wait until I was home from work.

I'll try for one this weekend. On a positive note, it seems like there's enough positive support for the forums as an institution that hopefully it doesn't just blip out in mid-sente

Discord invites can be made to either last a set number of uses (such as one-time), a set amount of time (30 minutes -> 1 day), or both, with 'unlimited' as options as well.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I probably sent you one and then went through server housecleaning and forgot to resend the correct one. You should get a new invite soon.

For everyone else, we've been doing some vetting and have gotten through the majority of requests. We're taking a short break but invites should be going out soon. We should be able to get through this poo poo overnight.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Oh, groovy. Thanks. :cheers:

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Would definitely appreciate a link to a discord via PM please, as I deeply appreciate CE, and wouldn’t mind just lurking.

elsanto
Apr 6, 2004

Give a brother a link?

Vortex Street
Oct 23, 2010

I walked right out of the machinery
Longtime CE lurker, would very much like a link please. It’s one of three threads I check multiple times a day and facial impediment is my Anderson Cooper.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Would definitely appreciate a discord invite, I have platinum enabled. As many others have said and as I’ve said before here this really is one of the best groups of veterans I’ve seen on the entirety of the internet.

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

If this really is the end of days for these forums, I just want to thank everyone in GiP for being the chilliest, least moto group of vets I've ever come across.

At the very least, reading here convinced me not to sign the recruitment papers back in 2010.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I would appreciate an invite link please.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
I threw a request in CE, and I'll throw one in here to cover all my base.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010
Can I get a link?

Captain Carrot
Mar 30, 2007
Hello citizen!
edit: on second thought, yeah, nah

Captain Carrot fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jun 25, 2020

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
I'm not a veteran and I'm only mostly a lurker, but I'll take a link if you guys don't mind.

I hope this can come to a peaceful resolution, because SA is a genuinely good place and probably the last active forum on the internet. Chat rooms and discord just aren't the same. It'd be terrible seeing it splintered into a thousand different communities.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Spoggerific posted:

I'm not a veteran...

Obviously. You didn't give the correct countersign.

Hail SATAN SS-18, may his passage cleanse the earth.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
there are a metric rear end ton of goon discords

https://goondiscordnetwork.com/

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jun 27, 2020

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

ded posted:

there are a metric rear end ton of goon discords

https://goondiscordnetwork.com/

The Balkanization of Something Awful: it has arrived

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Ceiling fan posted:

I threw a request in CE, and I'll throw one in here to cover all my base.

:same:

The Gardenator
May 4, 2007

Yams Fan
PM me the discord link please. Need more CE and more importantly the picture threads.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Invites are going out in waves right now, with more regular GIP posters getting priority for invites. Don't worry, all you lurkers who want to participate in this loving weirdass community, you're going to be welcomed in shortly. A few of you will be getting messaged about further vetting, but most will be getting invited to the server as Displaced Goons. Those invites should start going out tomorrow, so hopefully the forums don't disappear overnight.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
GIP used to be my commute to work read. Strange that it will be gone.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I would like an invite too, email is <username>_@hotmail.com (remember the underscore, without it isn't me)

Combatace
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I posted in the CE thread but I would like to reaffirm my desire to be PM’d the link.

I may have been a lurker, but as the world
falls apart my shitposting must truly be unleashed.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Requesting invite please. Discord information in my profile. Also beachbum dot sb, goog mail.

Mike Judgement Day
Mar 22, 2010
Would like a link so I can continue to lurk the dog thread please

somewhatpathetic
Oct 21, 2012
Lurker here requesting an invite. Will pay the dog toll to get in, and there's plenty more where that came from.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I'd really appreciate an invite. The CE thread is a big part of how I process the news without losing my mind.

thank u 4 ur service

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

I'd appreciate an invite! I used to be an idiot ADF reservist and am now an idiot civilian. I posted a couple of times over the years and was in the old IRC but mostly just lurked.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
Id take an invite, I CE thread lurk too as a bureaucrat.

fatman
Oct 20, 2005

"I DON'T WANT A RIOTING SCUMBAG AS A NEIGHBOUR"? WELL I DON'T WANT A FUCKWIT GUN NUT AS A POSTER
:fuckoff:
In for a penny in for a pound, if i could get an invite thanks.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?
Another civvy lurker here, I did say I don't want an invite in the CE thread because discord is a lovely platform but I've changed my mind it seems adequate, an invite would be great.

Racer-X
Jan 23, 2009
Another non-vet lurker of the CE and Idiots thread looking for an invite
phantommist@gmail.com

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I asked for an invite in the CE thread but if it got missed I wanted to put it here too. I'm a Navy vet and mostly lurk but I try to contribute occasionally. Thanks!

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
I dont know how to discord but I guess I can learn. Lurker, link, etc. Etc.

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Could I get an invite to discord to karthun at live.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
Can I get a link via PM please?