Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
If it's still a thing email is Discobolus155 at outlook.com

edit; and a snipe...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JohnnyHardcore
Jan 15, 2008
Lurker link plz I have PMs

JohnnyHardcore fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 25, 2020

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
:stare:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

The Gardenator posted:

PM me the discord link please. Need more CE and more importantly the picture threads.

It's probably worth pointing out that the discord is not just another version of GIP. You're not going to see a channel equivalent to all the threads here. It pretty much started as a place for a handful of us to do voice chat in video games, and as an offshoot of the Get Help thread to avoid people posting too much private info in public, and has expanded a bit to like 20 regulars.

Imagine how horrible the CE thread would be in a discord format, jesus.
Edit: There is a dog/pet channel though.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jun 25, 2020

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

I'd appreciate a discord link PM'd to me please, long time lurker and I have y'all to thank for not enlisting. Also I just got back from a internet break and this is the first thing I see, where is a succinct summary? A page in CE to start at maybe?

elsanto
Apr 6, 2004

gotoh.dengo at gmail
I probably won't hang out much at the discord, if it comes to that. But I would like like to stick around for whatever comes after that.

EmilBraun
Jul 13, 2015
Long time lurker here,

This forum stopped me from going into the navy and helped me consider CC before university lol, so I’d like to get a discord link.

My email is infinitegesture at gmail

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working
Could I get another link? The one I got last night said invalid invite :(

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

stackofflapjacks posted:

I'd appreciate a discord link PM'd to me please, long time lurker and I have y'all to thank for not enlisting. Also I just got back from a internet break and this is the first thing I see, where is a succinct summary? A page in CE to start at maybe?

Read the first post in this stickied thread from GBS:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Then read the last post in the stickied thread here in GIP for the latest update.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3929033&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

In short:
Lowtax has beaten all three of his three former wifes.
He is a domestic abuser, mistreats his daughters, is using the money he's getting on poo poo very much not his spine, and he is of course 3 for 3 of saying "chucks, I just can't not marry only totally lying psychopathic mentally disturbed women who lie and who are mean to meee! Also my 12 year old daughter is also an obviously mean horrible to poor me, Richard 'the Lowtax' Kyanka, which I told her in a text message when she criticised me for cheating on her mom".

E. Also the 3rd SO was attacked on Monday/Tuesday night and it's now Thursday.
We're burning down either the forums or Lowtax.

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 25, 2020

Fall Dog
Feb 24, 2009
Another long time lurker requesting an invite to the discord. Hopefully the forums stay where they are, but contingency is always nice.

No PMs, so email is architects_eyes at ya-hoo dot com

The Orgasm Sanction
Dec 30, 2006

Svelte
Long time lurker and dick book owner. Throw invite in PMs.

ControlledBurn
Sep 7, 2006

Frost his bag!

Yet another civilian lurker looking for an invite

The Gardenator
May 4, 2007

Yams Fan

Godholio posted:

It's probably worth pointing out that the discord is not just another version of GIP. You're not going to see a channel equivalent to all the threads here. It pretty much started as a place for a handful of us to do voice chat in video games, and as an offshoot of the Get Help thread to avoid people posting too much private info in public, and has expanded a bit to like 20 regulars.

Imagine how horrible the CE thread would be in a discord format, jesus.
Edit: There is a dog/pet channel though.

Might jump back into goon video games. Last time I tried that was Archages ago and that did not work out too well.

jaken97
Aug 1, 2013

Hell Gem
discord link please

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I would like an invite so I can keep tabs on Monty and Luca and Pit Pat and Lando and and

Seekhay
Sep 11, 2001

College Slice
Maybe the forums are safe-ish?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I, Jeffrey of YOSPOS, have reached an agreement with Lowtax to transfer all Something Awful LLC assets to me. No contract has been signed yet but these things take time and I want to make this announcement now. Obviously, if this falls through, you all will hear it straight from me.

Lowtax asked me to make clear that this is not an admission of any guilt. He maintains his innocence. However, he recognizes that the site cannot continue with him in charge, and the community and site are more important than his name.

This has been one of the most stressful and sad ~72 hours of my forums life and I'm sure everyone has a million questions and I'll plan on discussing this with the community tonight, after taking a few hours to catch my breath. Please don't burn down the whole site yet - we can get through this as a community.

This site has been extremely important to me since I joined 15 years ago. I love this place more than anything and, and top of everything else, the idea of it just going away was heartbreaking to me. My promise to all of you is that I love something awful as something awful, and my intention is to preserve all of the things that make this site incredible. This will be something awful, at its best, not any sort of weird vision of what something awful should be.

(https://forums.somethingawful.com/announcement.php?forumid=1)

Seekhay fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jun 26, 2020

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
Why did I have to click the link.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

yep now you idiots can stick around!

(it's us, we're all the idiots)

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

movax posted:

yep now you idiots can stick around!

(it's us, we're all the idiots)

Ty for the doggie thread you’re honestly the hero of gip

Captain Carrot
Mar 30, 2007
Hello citizen!
eh gently caress it I'll ask for a discord invite just in case this place crashes out

Captain Carrot #8191

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Woofer posted:

Ty for the doggie thread you’re honestly the hero of gip

yospos knows not what they truly lost

i've got a lot of good doggos to follow up on in that thread

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

I've been lurking and posting (mostly lurking) here ever since GiP was just a big ongoing thread in Ask/Tell. It helped me avoid making the stupid decision to join the Army when we were smack in the middle of 2 wars, so thank you proto-GiP (I stupidly joined another branch instead but at least I'm in one piece). 2020's in the process of killing one of my other forum communities, and I'd hate to lose this one (gently caress this year). A discord link would be nice as a backup if things don't work out

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
I'll take a link (PM) but I pretty much don't recognize anyone with all the name changes.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It gets crazier when everyone can change their own names for free, or when mods can change them for you if you post something dumb.

Captain Carrot
Mar 30, 2007
Hello citizen!
just here for the CE thread / channel

captain carrot #8191 on discord

edit: and the dog thread but that goes without saying

Captain Carrot fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jun 26, 2020

Smashurbanipal
Sep 12, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT BEING A SHITTY POSTER
Been lurkin' for years. Good to see what some vets think apart from the ones in my family and work, cause that, whoa.

I'd appreciate a link to the disc.

hot sorcery
Apr 11, 2009

DISCORD UPDATE

Woofer, could you please add this to the OP?

This may no longer be as pressing as the forums appear to be saved. However, we've decided to limit invitations to the discord to GIP regulars (defined as people who actively engage with the community outside of the Current Events thread). This is due to a few reasons:

Firstly, we have received a large number of requests and even with this limitation it has been difficult to adjust (we're used to a person joining every month or two). Secondly, the discord operates quite a bit differently than GIP and we don't believe it is the right space for people who are looking for an alternate to the Current Events thread. For context, it is a much smaller, tight-knit community whose basis is the "Get Help" and service threads. Thirdly, the discord isn't really a place to lurk - relatively personal conversations are being shared in (semi) private and if you aren't active there is little to no point in being there.

Finally, we want the discord to continue to (primarily) be a space & resource for veterans. On this point, if you are a veteran but have not received an invite please PM me, Godholio, or UP THE BUM NO BABY and we will reach out to you. You can email 69abuhajaar69@gmail.com if you don't have PMs. Please do the same if you are a GIP regular and we haven't sent you an invite yet.

We hope you all understand our reasons for this decision and encourage you to seek out the other discords that are popping up on the forums!

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

hot sorcery posted:

69abuhajaar69

:lol:

Also I understand and respect your decision. Thanks for all of your hard work!

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

Makes total sense! Thanks for letting us know

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I peaced out earlier, thanks for the invite and I totally understand

Captain Carrot
Mar 30, 2007
Hello citizen!
I enjoy lurking this forum because seeing and reading a leftist mil forum is good for my mental health.

all I ask is that if this place goes down in flames someone hit my discord up with whatever platform we migrate too (if the forum fragments into different platforms, I've joined a few other goon discords)

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
I come back for the first time in forever to see how you guys are doing and find this dumpster fire. If SA really is dying, I might hit one of you up on Steam for Discord info.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
I'm totally fine with not getting an invite now, we seem to be returning to better-than-normal. If the worst case scenario still happens I think I know a few of you in other discords anyway.

I completely understand that this forum is almost like two different subforums now, with the branches and vethelp threads vs. the CE and game threads.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Manyorcas posted:

I'm totally fine with not getting an invite now, we seem to be returning to better-than-normal. If the worst case scenario still happens I think I know a few of you in other discords anyway.

I completely understand that this forum is almost like two different subforums now, with the branches and vethelp threads vs. the CE and game threads.

Said it better than I could've

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Yeah I think most of us were looking for a lifeboat or insurance policy in case this place went belly-up and the SA community fragmented. No intent to intrude on a private space intended.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Nobody took it like that, as far as I've seen in the mod discussions. But I think a lot of people were expecting one thing (something to replace the CE thread) which it's really just a very different thing altogether.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I'm sad that I might be missing out on some dog pics, but totally understandable and respectable decision.

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

Can I get a discord invite via PM?

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm a lurker and an Iraq dude. Can I get an invite please? I have pm's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Can someone PM me the discord. Stinky Pete Loves you!