Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I don't take uber because of the report that showed how prevalent sexual assault is, so it only makes sense that I don't post on a website with a known sexual assaulter as the owner.

Since the CE thread is getting clogged up with discord requests and talk of the tax man, I thought it would make sense to split the convo to another thread.

So post your discord requests here. I'm not gonna post the link.

Also discuss the downfall of the taxman.

And if you have the info to Rrail's subreddit, lol who cares

don't rape, thanks.

Edit:

hot sorcery posted:

DISCORD UPDATE

Woofer, could you please add this to the OP?

This may no longer be as pressing as the forums appear to be saved. However, we've decided to limit invitations to the discord to GIP regulars (defined as people who actively engage with the community outside of the Current Events thread). This is due to a few reasons:

Firstly, we have received a large number of requests and even with this limitation it has been difficult to adjust (we're used to a person joining every month or two). Secondly, the discord operates quite a bit differently than GIP and we don't believe it is the right space for people who are looking for an alternate to the Current Events thread. For context, it is a much smaller, tight-knit community whose basis is the "Get Help" and service threads. Thirdly, the discord isn't really a place to lurk - relatively personal conversations are being shared in (semi) private and if you aren't active there is little to no point in being there.

Finally, we want the discord to continue to (primarily) be a space & resource for veterans. On this point, if you are a veteran but have not received an invite please PM me, Godholio, or UP THE BUM NO BABY and we will reach out to you. You can email 69abuhajaar69@gmail.com if you don't have PMs. Please do the same if you are a GIP regular and we haven't sent you an invite yet.

We hope you all understand our reasons for this decision and encourage you to seek out the other discords that are popping up on the forums!

Woofer fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jun 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

:siren::siren::siren:UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE:siren::siren::siren:

I didn't know how popular the discord invites would be. We have a history of people getting the discord link for malicious reasons (doxxing).

I want to keep this community going, but I want to make sure I am responsible about it and consider how everyone else in the discord feels.

So I'm soliciting feedback from other GiP regulars (especially those who are already on the Discord) on how to handle the amount of invite requests.

KEEP POSTING INVITE REQUESTS!!!!

Woofer fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jun 24, 2020

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I am going to close this thread for now. This is a lot of new people and like I said previously, we have had people seek out the offsite chat for malicious reasons. I expected for there to be like 5 requests and then a few pages of making GBS threads on the tax man.

Stand by.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Opening as requested.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

movax posted:

yep now you idiots can stick around!

(it's us, we're all the idiots)

Ty for the doggie thread you’re honestly the hero of gip