Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

wonderful endorsement of the off-site if any criticism of it is met that way

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

what?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I choose to believe accusers even if the accused are people I post on the same forums with

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

weekly font posted:

I agree! It would have been nice if the mods weren't banning people who criticized Lowtax and believed accusers back in January but hey.

(obviously not pointing the finger at any of our mods, they all seem good people)

Ya, I hate Reene (check the rap sheet :twisted:) I just don't want to jump to the defense of anyone, modmin or "Sex pest" thing. Feels like a really bad time for it. If the ban reasons are false that is really awful

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

fair e; @ weekly font

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

thnx jeffrey

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the discord is poppin!!!!!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Cavauro posted:

the above was posted right after i exited discord so i get the hint. but i'm going to come back some times

welcome back

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

none of us here know poo poo and the guy doing the transfer is going to be answering questions, whether you trust him or believe anything is up to you -- of course -- but nobody in this thread can assuage your concerns

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

that also assumes a level of obscene complicity and devious planning from the other parties involved. i guess sicker things have happened, but i'm not going to spend my days and nights thinking that's the case right now

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i sincerely hope you're not calling me an rear end in a top hat for not feeling as passionate as you about the fact that this is all a massive conspiracy to keep lining lowtax's pockets. or honestly, anyone else in this thread that's replied to you.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

god you're mean

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Bye

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Seth Rollins posted:

renee is reneeally bad

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

online is messy

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

for those prices they must be good

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

congrats to the two mma mods or iks or whatever i hope they can manage the 2 threads, it's gonna take a lot of effort :razzy: Hey only joking

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

when i go to sleep if you want (2 hours from now)

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

britishbornandbread posted:

Yeah, I don’t really get your zany posting gimmick, either. You’re trying too hard.

Apologize or leave.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Bye

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

you're wonderful and i reject that people shoudlnt take you seriously, except in your obvious joke posts. the ones that are serious are also obvious to me. i'm incredibly smart, so it might just be really easy for me to know that stuff. i read all of those words even if you're embarrassed about me having done that. gently caress you! just threw that in there for a twist ending but i didn't mean it

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ya thanks for sticking up for the weird dickhead

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i dont like when people talk poo poo about my friends

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I could be negative but instead I'm going to be the fatter man and be positive for a moment. Of course nice things can't be said without prefacing them with negativity.
When the IKs were selected a while back, I thought they were odd or incorrect choices. I still don't really understand why we need two MMA IKs for the three MMA-centric threads we have compared to the pages and pages of wrestling threads, but they've been fine. I guess that's expected, because there's never anything really actionable in MMA threads.

I was really against the idea of CJ2 as an IK. I like and liked them as a poster but thought they showed qualities that weren't very fitting for an authority position. I raised these concerns with a couple of people, not to like get them De-buttoned, but just to say my part as a poster on these forums. Now that all that bull poo poo is out of the way, I want to say I think CJ2 has done a really phenomenal job, being very transparent about decision-making and back-blasting all of my concerns out of my rear end hole. It helps that I think we have similar moderation philosophies (funny thing to type) but considering they basically had a soft-run as the only active mod of a very active sub-forum during Jerusalem's vacation and handled more than one issue really well, I'm glad that the appointment worked out. That's just my thoughts, but it's always nice to be surprised in a good way. Give it up for CJ2!!!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

There's no easy way to ask a question like this but I'd like to do it anyways. Has the idea been thrown around, or is it possible to replace Junpei Hyde as moderator with CJ2 or another vetted poster? This has nothing to do with her qualities as a poster. Similar to CJ2 I enjoy her posting whenever I see it, but unlike CJ2 I think she's done a very poor job of moderator. My reasoning is essentially that until the issues earlier this year with everyone jacking off to every wrestler, she was basically absent, except to make Horny Jokes. Whatever, mods don't have to be super active posters necessarily, but during the discussions (which I felt were productive for this forum and the moderation of them) she said many times she'd keep better tabs, be more involved. Until the mafia game, which has been fun as a spectator but hardly indicative of a normal thread here, she was essentially a ghost again.

While barely posting in the forum you mod isn't like a disqualification, I also think her moderation choices have been really rotten. Nearly every time the buttons have been used, the community pushed back on the decision. Examples: the MRT/WSAE stuff from a couple of weeks ago, this whole ordeal, and some judgment lapses that don't apply to this subforum specifically. I don't fault anyone for making mistakes. I just think after so long, when you're still having to say, you know... "gah I really goofed it. I need to do better" and you hear that ten different times, I begin to lose trust in their mod capabilities. This is all of course just my personal opinion. I don't have any ill will towards her as a human being or as a fellow poster. Observations from a stinker.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Right. I don't want my post to come off like, oh this will solve everything! Well, really it's not like there's too many problems to even be solved lol. I just would prefer moderators who are active in the subforum they mod, and who also don't consistently make the wrong decision. That's blunter than I'd like to be about it, but it goes beyond just being in a different time zone for me.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

That's the mod's job, right? To determine when self-moderation doesn't work? Of course this all comes down to each person's philosophy, at the end of the day it's an arbitrary cut-off as to when intervention is necessary. I've been so ticked recently (online-ticked, I promise I'm not raging at my cats or anything) because my arbitrary cutoff point has been different the last like 10 times intervention has happened. The latest being why this thread is even open again, because people pushing back were told, "hey, it happened. shut up now" in nicer words. This has nothing to do with my earlier posts, but rather just a reply to you. :)

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I basically refuse to ‘take it to PMs’ now because you can only hear “well i made my decision and you can disagree if you want but i’m the mod” so many times. Granted, I’m much more comfortable airing it out here than say, two years ago (random time I picked) because mods recognize the terrible optics of probating people for calling things out :razzy: but I do think it’s important to do it. Obviously you can’t go around harassing mods in every thread but I would hope the majority of posters here don’t think I’ve overstepped anywhere. Mwah mwah

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Dunno who you were before, likely intended, but I'm glad you're not being harassed by that fucker now.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I feel like if you outlaw jokes about Velveteen Dream, then all you're going to do is be able to say like, "Velveteen Dream is a pedophile." or angry posting about him. I don't think they're very funny, unless I made them, then they're funny as fug. I suppose if that's the environment of the forum you want, then naturally you'll disagree. "Gallows humor" is pretty useful for me personally, but I understand it's not everyone's thing. Either way, I'd like to not see jokes outlawed on what is still a comedy forum, and by far the funniest place to talk about wrestling and MMA online. At the same time, I remember being upset when MotU kept making jokes making fun of Adam Rose's kid for his terrible birth defects and being called a pussy about it lol, so I'm not hating.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

There's no good answer for that. Personally, I'm not comfortable making jokes about things like rape, probably because I don't see a way to make it funny, even through dark humor. Why I'm able to curb that sentiment with something like Velveteen Dream jokes, I don't know. I guess it's like I said in my earlier post. I hated all the jokes about Adam Rose's kid, but there were others that clapped along. We all have our things we hate to even joke about. I don't mean to harp on that or even talk bad about MotU, it's just an example that springs to mind.

Regarding your edit, I do think the fact that Velveteen Dream is not only a television presence, but heavily pushed, makes it easier for people to comment on it in a comedic way.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

There's been a 'be positive about WWE' thread in the past. It wasn't very active lol. I don't really see a problem with n00bies, though. Obviously there's going to be an insularity here, the majority of us have been posting together for like a decade. In the particular case of EMF, since he's been talked about a lot lately in this thread, you have to remember he would say things like 'this forum would celebrate the death of Owen Hart today because it'd be a WWE wrestler dying'. It's not like everyone decided to kick his nut sack for no reason. IDK what went on in PMs with him and Jerusalem beyond that they talked a lot, but he's obviously changed the way he interacts here in ways besides saying bad things about WWE from time to time.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

I regret saying that. I was letting my personal issues at the time and life stresses control me and make me lash out at everything. I am grateful to JRu for setting me straight privately for sure

It's all good, I'm not trying to put you on trial for past crimes or anything :razzy: The important thing is that the Fuc has been Eaten by all involved.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I have good faith, none of the bad stuff

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I think a lot of people left in the past idk, 5 years or so because they came here to post about wrestling and gently caress around with their forum pals and other aspects of life started to really dominate this board a lot of the time. Obviously there's legit reasons why that's the case, but it's certainly made things less 'fun'. Hardly subforum exclusive, or even somethingawful exclusive, just more of my cents for the cent jar.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Do serious issues ever get shouted down? MRT talking about the Jericho concert was in the context of other very serious issues taking place at the same time. Some people may voice their frustration with having to talk about Coronavirus again or whatever, but I never see it get 'shouted down' or people told to go away and stop. Even in threads like this, where people are explicitly allowed to say what they like or dislike about the state of the board, it's always mentioned that it makes sense why these heavy issues are frequently involved in the threads.

I can only speak for myself, of course, but I deal with the serious issues all day, so when it comes up here as well, it becomes a little bit of overload. The way I handle it is just not engaging with it, but considering this is the thread to voice this kind of stuff, I did.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Right, I don't think there needs to or should be any extra rules in place for this. Rules loving suck. Segregating threads based on 'positive' and 'negative' remarks is total bullshit. I'm just voicing my thoughts, more than asking for anyone or anything to change.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I'm going to assume there's a longer probe waiting, that would make sense to me. If not then that's very sad. I don't hate politics talk but I certainly loving hate it on this website lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Thank you for the long thing of words. This is only my personal opinion here. I honestly don't really give a poo poo that you made fun of the Rock for being an rear end hole, or even that you called Joe Biden a republican or whatever. Like, I'm pretty sure your probation was agreed on behind the scenes with Jerusalem, but maybe it wasn't. I don't think it really needed to happen, but w/e. The problem people have and had w/ the modding of this forum is that it takes something like an insane "Crack Ping Succ Zone Lul" style thing calling people advocates of Muslim genocide for any type of applicable punishment to happen. I don't give a gently caress that he posted about how Slap Jack is a goofy name, people have leashes longer than the sustained decline of the WWE. (topical reference) Look at the reasons Junpei gave in the probations for gently caress's sake. Hey..nice derail. Sincerely, please don't show anger, it just makes people angry. Not like...hey, don't call people Nazis in the twitter thread. Don't be an insane person for years. Don't be a repeat violent freak. It was just, "don't be angry" Dunno, just pisses me off lol. Meant to type more here but forgot while I typed the rest. well said me. bye