Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Hellblazer187 posted:

Over in CSpam they're talking about a forum that was started after Lowtax's last accusation (which I somehow heard nothing about). I've registered there pretty much sight unseen. No idea if it's actually any good. I'm only mentioning it here because if people migrate I think it would be cool for migration to occur to a single place rather than a fight island replacement and a cspam replacement and a batmans secret replacement, etc. Anyways that's breadnroses.net. This post should not be taken as a recommendation for that particular site since I don't even know if it is good. I'm just posting so the various different subgroups I look at have at least a chance of landing in the same place.

its not good, fam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

WatermelonGun posted:

dickeye’s off-site is bad?!?

it’s worse than that, it’s v bad

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Everyone is invited to my house to watch wrestling if you want and also if you want to pet my cats

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
New Jersey, aka the Only Good State

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

RealFoxy posted:

Yeah after talking earlier about how often a lot of off-shoots feel like cliques a lot of the people I've seen plugging the new website in FI are people I have almost never seen posting before :shrug:

theres no recruiters, dont worry, just people you have never seen before trying to get you to join, it is different

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
everyone come to my house so you can watch me eat an entire 130 count bag of Tostino's pizza rolls in a sitting, just like the good old days

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I cannot support any forum that is rude to Endorph

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Oh Snapple! posted:

No one was outed. Cuntellectual tried to get into a trans discord, their general behavior history and inconsistencies were brought up to the mods of that discord, and when she didn't get in she did the extremely pro move of coming to the forums and outing herself.

This is cool that you are literally trying to gaslight this because you don’t like her, but this is incorrect. When the admins tried to find a post where she outed herself, they were unable. QC outed her and she had multiple days of harassment from people she never knew or met on discord after the outing. It is cool that these are people you want to protect, but I am close to her irl and the story you all put forth because she is a very lovely poster is pretty hosed up

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I hope that my friends here at the wrestling forum actually believe me instead of a team of recruiters complicit in the outing of a trans person, no matter how lovely they act

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

blast0rama posted:

So, as someone who hasn't really been a poster outside of the niche specific forums, uh, is the latest announcement good news?

Jeff will be the face of the forums while Lowtax gets his royalties checks in secret

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

blast0rama posted:

So we're doing an ROH 2004?

its more like Vince Russo is writing for the front page

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

MJeff posted:

I graciously accept this highly paid position.

I said Jeff not Jacob Friedman Fans, pls to be reading

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
smdh all the people telling j-ru how good a job he does once he talks about maybe needing more mod help. least believable promos i have ever seen

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
There's a reason the sun rises in the east, its because the east coast makes the days worth continuing

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Jeffrey has 30 million bitcoins he can buy reddit if he wants

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Wendell posted:

It really is.

But enough about the admins!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Seams posted:

if I were to commit a serious crime I would simply upload the evidence to a public image gallery and make no attempt to hide my identity and use the same username as the one I use on a busy Internet forum I moderate

it was his daughter in a bikini with everything blurred out except her body in an imgur album called "happy father's day" is what I am told

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Mekchu posted:

J-Ru if you're thinking of stepping down as mod (i recall you saying this either in this thread or in the UFC thread) would that may Junpei the sole mod of FI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KjSrnZRg6s&t=5s

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Benne posted:

And who has a better story ... than Cavauro The Broken

literally anybody, even you

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
MMA mod should be based on who lives closest to or if you have relatives that live in Tom's River, NJ

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

JOHN CENA posted:

almost forgot to ask who will be the NWA moderator.

that would be me, Billy Corgan

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
the best online mma community is my coworker who texts me every time he sees frankie edgar which is like 2-3 times a week because he's his neighbor

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

yea ok posted:

There's no good answer for that. Personally, I'm not comfortable making jokes about things like rape, probably because I don't see a way to make it funny, even through dark humor. Why I'm able to curb that sentiment with something like Velveteen Dream jokes, I don't know. I guess it's like I said in my earlier post. I hated all the jokes about Adam Rose's kid, but there were others that clapped along. We all have our things we hate to even joke about. I don't mean to harp on that or even talk bad about MotU, it's just an example that springs to mind.

Regarding your edit, I do think the fact that Velveteen Dream is not only a television presence, but heavily pushed, makes it easier for people to comment on it in a comedic way.

Reading this made me feel a little bad about the jokes since they were surely in bad taste (the jokes were likely good as jokes though, structure wise) and I looked up Adam Rose expecting to see like real bad news and I did see real bad news and that's how Adam Rose looks now but his first son is still living which is pretty good, since his outlook was real bad

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Gumball Gumption posted:

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to seem like I was specifically talking about new people because I agree, I think the majority of new posters get treated well. I also agree that we've had toxic posters fester though I think that festering is because discussion wasn't allowed. If you came in at a 5 or an 11 it was treated as unallowed because you could never post about posters. But asking people to ask some questions and try to clarify things before assuming bad faith doesn't feel like it would keep us from having those discussions. I'm also suggesting this because I can think of examples where a regular poster said something they meant as innocuous but was read as offensive by another person. Instead of asking something as simple as "what did you mean?" they immediately come in with his blazing. It's exhausting and it's especially exhausting when you see it directed at people who had a long history of posts that indicate they're not the person they're being accused of being.

I got piled on by a few people as being racist for thinking that the story of Sasha Banks and Bayley laying on the ground was a funny concept and it literally almost entirely killed the subforum for me

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
there also seems to be like some sort of batsignal that summons other random c-spam posters than barely post here if at all to suddenly try and dogpile-defend the original cspam shitter's view so like can we just somehow put a stop to this

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
If you make more than 24 posts in c-spam you can now only post in C-spam, or QCS threads about other forums

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
train them to only be able to post in the Mace thread

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Junpei Hyde posted:

There is a week probe queued in the moment, and given how taintrunner is posting if they ever pull that again it'll ramp.

the ramp is 800 feet long with no noticeable incline

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

RealFoxy posted:

Mods shouldn't be expected to be Always Online when things go out of control like twice a month for two hours, wanting a mod that's active all day is one thing, trying to put the ones down who can't be is a lovely thing to do. Like what are they gonna do, quit their day jobs to babysit us for a dead comedy internet forum?

no but when they notice they should actually step the gently caress up and ban or ban + 30 people who do despicable poo poo over and over. you dont wanna put money in a domestic abusers pocket by banning someone? cool, just enable verbal abuse and threats over the internet instead. mods are enablers if they keep up this weak poo poo

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

JUNGLE BOY posted:

yeah i don't give a flying gently caress if it takes 24 hours to respond to be honest, the problem is being able to rack up a rap sheet like that over a long period of time. please help me understand that part

mods have always tried to be "likable" and playing both sides instead of actually coming down hard on anyone. theyre not being mods, theyre posting buddies with buttons

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Alaois posted:

the mods aren't allowed to ban people until the site is officially sold to jeffrey

drat, no bans ever again

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
It's just an out to use to be a coward anyways, admins are banning people still and people have been banned for poo poo since this whole lowtax discussion. That excuse is just to stem "wow [MOD] banned user and now 10$ f\goes to an abuser!" threads in QCS. Queue up a month+ probe or a subforum ban if you actually care about the forums you mod

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
also the IK didn't even probe or reprimand the poster but agreed with them before hand, like the poo poo was popping off and nothing was being done. at least Junpei Hyde probed the correct poster this time instead of slamming buttons on a bystander so small victories

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Cerebral Bore posted:

Please get the cspam obsession out of your heads pals.

Please get the c-spam out of your brain, decidedly not-pal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Pylons posted:

Weren't you done?

I mean regardless if they were done or not, theyre right in this case