Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I have no clue what’s going to happen but I don’t want to lose ya’ll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Hey J-Ru I just wanna say that you're a great mod and despite me sometimes coming at you in the PMs I really respect your fairness in dealing with me. You've done a great job here.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Hey, fuckers. I want to believe too. Don't accept this just to assuage your guilt. All of us, from admins down, don't know poo poo.

We believe that SA isn't profitable because a serial abuser said so.

We believed he needed money for medical procedures because he said so.

Are we really gonna' believe he'd do a good deed here for our benefit?

I get your frustration and skepticism but to be honest I think we can't do poo poo but wait and see what's going to happen. Phase one is dumping Lowtax, after he's gone I would like to think there will be more transparency. Lowtax has done bad poo poo, but these communities are bigger than him and for better or worse we have to wait and see.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Seth Rollins posted:

there should be three heel mods and three face mods

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Rarity posted:

This story makes me sound better so I'm gonna say yes

new avatar rules btw

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cav is cool and knows about cool poo poo and some of ya'll are really mean today.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

close thread asap

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

I don't think there's really an easy solution to modding or IKing this place that will leave everyone happy, and that's not something I say comfortably. The reality of the situation is 1) Jerusalem's on a different timezone/country than most of our userbase during the bulk of the hours, 2) Junpei's mod of at least one other forum, 3) the MMA IKs almost always stick to browsing MMA/boxing/grappling threads, and 4) I've been balancing my time when not on here with looking for a job, which is progressively taking more time (and will obviously take even more time away from being on FI if successful)

Everyone has gaps in time and things that take attention away, even briefly, from FI's situations. I sincerely believe everyone is doing, or trying to do, their best with that in mind. It could be better, and I've been the first to say I think I suck/am doing a bad job at this (and I'm very blown away at the contrary response thus far :stare: wtf) so I definitely know it could be better in general and from me, but I really do think we're all trying

I think gaps could potentially be plugged up with another mod in addition to it all, but again, that's assuming there's someone who has the time, timezone, and focus, and idk how you really begin sorting that out without basically starting someone from scratch. Just transferring another current mod to double duty risks at least one of the same conflicts Junpei had, which (along with Jerusalem's vacation) was part of why I was brought on in the first place as IK to help lighten the load

I think you’re doing a good job. I have no real complaints about any of the IK’s or Mods, but I don’t think adding a third would be overkill.

I think like almost all the people who cause problems and fights or whatever here have left at this point. We had that weird guy the other day having some kind of break down or something but it’s chill now.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Dr. Baker posted:

I don't like the constant pedophilia jokes made in the threads lately. Everyone has their triggers and that is mine.

It’s a little much. I feel like we can make them where it’s more dissing the pedo than using the victim
as a prop

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

I know that tensions have been high, both on the forums and in the world in general, but can we as a community take an effort to stop responding to people we disagree with as if they're posting in bad faith? EMF's post broke my heart today and it made me just so unbelievably angry at everyone (myself included I've been guilty of this in the past) who constantly antagonized them as if they were posting actively malicious content.

Like, not make a new official rule or anything. But stop treating everyone as if they're trying to hurt you with their opinions.

There were times in the past when, frustrated at being called bad faith for liking WWE i’d lash out and say dumb things or lovely things that I wish I hadn’t and it was wrong to react that way. I also understand that when I came back to Fight Island after a long time away there were a lot more malicious posters around so trust was low and I think I was easily lumped in with them and instead of taking it in stride I acted dumb.

The kindness people show me here now I think is directly because I’ve been trying to be a better person on here and in life after a really rough few years. I think you’re right that not being so skeptical of people is good and I think generally we as a group of posters are moving in that direction. I just also know I was part of the problem and i’m really grateful people engage with me now instead of just saying my lovely username to all my posts.

There was a thread here a few months ago about saying nice things about other posters and it really opened my eyes to how I needed to be better, I didn’t get mentioned much in it but I understand why and I was so happy when a few posters did mention me. Times are so hard for all of us and i’m just happy people here are open and engaging each other with kindness most times.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I’m at a wedding so I’m drunk enough to be emotionally vulnerable so I’ll eat a probe or whatever but I wanna say that EMF seems like a pretty good person so I want to apologize if I was ever mean about your opinions

No problem bud, enjoy that dang wedding!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Rarity posted:

:hmmyes:

Now we just need to get him into some of that New Japan :getin:

I love new japan i should participate in the thread more to he honest I do lurk it and it’s one of the better ones here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

yea ok posted:

There's been a 'be positive about WWE' thread in the past. It wasn't very active lol. I don't really see a problem with n00bies, though. Obviously there's going to be an insularity here, the majority of us have been posting together for like a decade. In the particular case of EMF, since he's been talked about a lot lately in this thread, you have to remember he would say things like 'this forum would celebrate the death of Owen Hart today because it'd be a WWE wrestler dying'. It's not like everyone decided to kick his nut sack for no reason. IDK what went on in PMs with him and Jerusalem beyond that they talked a lot, but he's obviously changed the way he interacts here in ways besides saying bad things about WWE from time to time.

I regret saying that. I was letting my personal issues at the time and life stresses control me and make me lash out at everything. I am grateful to JRu for setting me straight privately for sure