Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

make a forum for me to post on. i want at least 100 people there who all post and keep up with it. no compromises

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Js-XbNj6Tk

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't like joining new places. it takes me about 3 years of not interacting to get comfortable and then spread out and bother people with my presence without caring.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

idk about all of it but thanks for bringing up some awful poo poo happening to another person, endorph. i believe in the bad things people do and have done to them all coming to light, if they have happened. don't care about bad timing or little hosed up social armies

i'm mad about reading about anime because of checking on that to see what happened, and out of 3 posts i read about anime you were giving out a trigger warning for watching one of the animes about how it has rape in it. OK, that's my entire thoughts on the matter

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jun 25, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my flirt move is not allowed to be posted on here anymore ever since the ban on talking about how cute and sweet others are.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I've decided to say that I don't understand what's going on and to only read my last post, and not the rest. Don't read the other posts because I don't understand what's going on.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sometimes that happens. When it happens i have to admit to recoiling in horror. but it's because i don't know what to do. I don't know how to fix what's gone wrong.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's why they call you the stroker ace

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

people in charge who aren't lowtax are typically very mumbly and aw shucks aw jeez about cleaning out the other brass, assuming they aren't the majority who stand in solidarity in the manner of cops. I don't think anything like that is going to happen

e: I think whatever good points get posted on SA about who to 'get rid of' will probably be ineffectual compared to hundreds of lines in discords that paint bad pictures of those saying such things.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 25, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I don't know. i keep seeing impassioned posts and then beecock and it resets my thinking

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i registered on the off-site. Might post there one day, but I need to start reading it and then wait about 3 years. If it exists after that then you might see me hanging about. Over at whiskey toast. Haha

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

oh but seriously I posted:

Could have made dynamite poster of the week if I'd kept the faith :negative:

someone new jumped into the top 5 of 2020 after this past episode. everyone should get to posting next week

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I am appreciative of jeff for working on the forums and being the only person who i know that they do good things for the forums while every other admin seems like they are dragons sitting on gold. but I have no idea if he is a good guy. Don't tell anyone i said this because I don't want to become banned.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Even though Jerusalem the mod put me into trouble more than anyone else, I'm saddest to see them go and I don't think anything of that nature will ever really approach this feeling.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'll always take care of noob

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the above was posted right after i exited discord so i get the hint. but i'm going to come back some times

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i didn't register to here because my best friend wanted to create his own somethingawful and he was very ambitious in a lot of ways but would abandon things rather quickly. but i was too young to realize that. the forum was called not applicable, or notapp for short. if our forum had taken off, it would have ended in 2007 when he passed away. So it's a good thing for all of you to have come here to the popular website back in 2000-2001 instead of an obscure one that no one could ever find out about unless they already came to a particular irc channel or certain other forum with a special interest.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't believe what's been implied that lowtax has already agreed to a complete transfer of ownership. i think he probably said he would sign over the forums or something vague like that and the admins jumped the gun when talking about it, as they are wont to do with many things. we will see!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

was burt the mod who went buckwild about a poster with mental health struggles posting their breasts? and hollered "woo hoo" about it and stuff

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i shouldn't post in qcs. you should only post there if you are smart and understand words, and realize that your intent is not somehow magically transmitted to everyone else through what you say even if you don't say words good. what a dumbo... this poster; me. Dumber than hell. Can't even Talk right.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

onion

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

onion. ownyeon. annyeong

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I bought some okay cookies for $3.99 at the Food City. baked in-store. they've recently added a starbucks and it's very fancy for ky.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

here's the important part of that livestream

punishedkissinger posted:

He's literally walking around and bending down to pick up stuff is his spine poo poo completely fake???

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm not going to say who it was to protect myself legally but someone who used to be extremely important to an internet forum was in the hospital for sinus issues due to abusing bronkaid and pretended it was for something else

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I understand this may not be the time to talk about it but I would like to publicly support having 3 or even 4 moderators specific to this subforum to lighten some of the strain. This place is usually more popular than the regular sports forum from what I've seen and not too many mods also provide a large amount of the framework and talking points for everyone's posting the way Jerusalem does. That in and of itself is a significant amount of work on a weekly basis. Given that, another person who is also interested in making official-ish threads and/or polls every now and again would probably be a particularly good fit, although not feeling obligated to do those things is certainly on the table as well. You figure with four mods, one of them could be MMA-centric even if they don't post outside of those threads, as long as they might look in on other threads from time to time to make sure no one is posting extremely hosed up things. Any early speedbumps related to mod style clashing or teething for the new ones could be sorted via a mod forum thread, discord chat, PM chain, telephone calls, e-cards, or plain old carbon copy email. You could have five whole mods before it really became ridiculous. Just like how there are six GBS mods and multiple mods for its subforums: E/N and that other thing, which are comparatively barren. If it ever comes up, I am willing to PM moderator suggestions. Thank you for reading and feel free to file this post away for a later date, or perhaps forever.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

5 active mods would be overkill but 5 mods who all pitch in a bit and don't have to see it as a legit job doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. It all depends on how much people want to shoulder. The sub-subforums of GBS have two mods each along with the 6 GBS mods, and those sub-subforums usually have 1/5 to 1/8 the users of this sub-subforum which is more popular than its parent subforum that has 2 mods. Don't remember what I am saying. 3 mods. See ya

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jun 27, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

funny to nominate me?? read em and weep:

Chris James 2
TTBF
CarlCX
Mekchu
LobsterMobster
MassRafTer
Incessant Excess
Return of Hulkamatt
Pinche Rudo
Blaise330
yea ok
CommonShore

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

more names are to follow if i am bullied further

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

5 wrestling, 5 MMA

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't forget Jiro

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

J-ru Dreams Of Sixers

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

jerusalem and i have private nicknames for each other for when we exchange PMs. you have to capitalize PMs like that even when you aren't using caps in your post.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you mustn't call me the name of the poster 'Cav', lest something terrible happen to one of us that was meant for the other. this is also why 'cavy' or 'cavvy' are sub-optimal. my nickname is called cavauro johnson of the second old guard, or CJ2 OG for short

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

drew salem was my brother. my best brother

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yes, just don't be too dave gahan.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that post i made above? That was for me, and that other poster. to become friends. don't worry about it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

haven't been making enough friends lately. The future is bleak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

do not chase away wrestling posters who think i suck it. once in a while people will be my friend later on. I shouldn't have said what I said about Dave for one thing. he's had real struggles and making a joke out of it was not the right move