Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Hopefully Lowtax just goes away and hands the site over to someone else. Even without taking the current allegations into consideration he's been an absentee landlord and only made these forums shittier anyway, and taking the current allegations into consideration he needs to gently caress off. So I guess I'm personally going to wait and see, either the issue gets resolved or most of the userbase gets revenge banned to leaves on their own accord and SA dies an ignominious death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
It's real good that Lowtax decided to do the right thing for once in his miserable life and that we can continue to shitpost about them cool grapsdudes and grapsladies together.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I mean, my personal assumption was that Lowtax would just start banning us all out of spite and SA would die, so this has already gone far better than expected. Therefore I'm willing to wait and see how things actually shake out.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Either things work out and we stay or things don't work out and we walk. And since nobody in the promotion is doing a Nostradamus gimmick we kinda have to wait until we can make an informed decision.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jun 26, 2020

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
And while Jeffery is kind of a dumbass who's made some cartoonishly stupid decisions I don't see what he gets out of conspiring to secretly funnel money to Lowtax either.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Junpei Hyde posted:

As someone who has had many disagreements with Jeffrey, he is infinitely better than lowtax. He talks to people, explains himself and is frequently available.

He also has, to my knowledge, never commited spousal abuse.

Being better than the guy who beats his wife is a p low bar to cross, just saying.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah but JH is actually a mod and therefore presumably has at least something of a better grasp on this poo poo than most of us do? I dunno, having off-site stuff in addition is also cool and good but in the short term this makes me happy and I hope people come back and at least give Jeffery a shot to prove himself because he literally never came off like an apologist to me. He always seemed like the kinda guy who was doing and saying the kinds of things Lowtax should have been doing anyway.

Jerusalem posted:

I'll simply add in my own 2 cents that all my experiences with Jeffrey have been great. That doesn't necessarily mean that there aren't any skeletons in the closet or maybe he's a horrific monster to other people or something, but I have nothing to judge him on other than my own interactions and they've only ever been positive.

Well, there was the whole nazi mod debacle and Jeffrey didn't exactly cover himself with glory handling that. So I'd personally prefer if we held the admins' feet to the fire to make sure that they don't start doing stupid poo poo again.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Booking the promotion right into the ground.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

ExHumus posted:

Pardon my ignorance, but what does IK stand for?

It's kinda like being the GM of Raw or Smackdown insofar that you don't have much real authority but inevitably go insane with power anyway and end up as the most hated person on the subforum.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Well, to be perfectly frank WWE is objectively poo poo, and this is the general consensus here. So if someone comes in and starts telling you that this obvious turd you have before you is actually gold then how are you supposed to react besides dismissing them as a crank? Not directing this towards anyone in particular, but this is simply the natural reaction that most people have.

Now I'm not saying that we should be needlessly antagonistic or deliberately run people off, but someone can't demand that their opinions should be treated as reasonable when they clearly aren't either.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Every subforum that I've seen with some rule requiring you to assume good faith has turned to complete poo poo because all it does it give the worst kind of pedants and assholes cover to completely poo poo up any thread they don't like, so I'm absolutely against anything like that being implemented here.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Seth Rollins posted:

try not being a bunch of psychos

So tell me, should it be acceptable to portray every single person who posts in a certain subforum as having a mental disorder? If not, then why are you doing it right here?

E: Also in general and not pertaining to the current case about Taintrunner, it's pretty weird that "someone made an accusation about someone else that would reflect really badly on their character" is apparently being treated as reason for punishment in itself without any consideration of whether there's any merit in the accusation or not. Like, we literally had a guy who was a paid propagandist for the genocidal regime of Saudi Arabia, and people kept punished for calling him out for quite a while. IMO we shouldn't go back to repeating the mistakes of the past here.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Sep 28, 2020

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Seth Rollins posted:

i dunno, guy with two identical c-spam gang tags. maybe it should be acceptable.

Look at the pot calling the kettle black here.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mekchu posted:

The person who got banned was making blanket accusations of people being racists/neo-nazis so I think the argument youre trying to make here falls a wee bit flat given that context.

Well, that's the thing in my second point. I'm not saying that he was right, but the idea wasn't even entertained before punishment was called for. What if we get another Mel Mudkiper situation one day with some neo-nazi who's good at not explicitly giving the game away?

Also this is besides the point, but someone being racist or white supremacist is a lot more complicated than "is this guy a literal klansman or not". Racism isn't some inherent personal characteristic, it's a system of oppression and one could very well support white supremacy without even realizing it.

These things are better left up to people who aren't abrasive assholes, though.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Please get the cspam obsession out of your heads pals.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
If you want to debate the merits on whether supporting Joe Biden makes you a white supremacist then you're welcome to go some over to cspam.

For the record I agree that a month+ban for being an abrasive rear end is way overblown, though. Either throw him a day or if you don't think that guy can fit in at all just do a rovert and forumban him.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
And more realtalk, some crank yelling at you that you're a white supremacist when you aren't on internet comedy forums isn't actually some grievous insult. Like, do you think that even a single person would look at a Taintrunner post and then conclude that this guy is the authority on the issue?

What can be actually harmful though is people being afraid to call out white supremacy when they see it, and that's what slamming someone with the max punishment you can get short of a perma could actually do.

E: And I've said my piece so I'mma bow out.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Sep 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

RealFoxy posted:

Can this be redeemed now to give this whole topic a sixer because it's beyond the scope of giving forum feedback and people are just bickering.

Yeah, bad posters are bad and that should be the end of that, I didn't need the social media thread derail to spill over again

If the topic is bad just close it. Don't see what sixers would accomplish.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)