Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Fight Island/PSP as well as the CineD Horror Thread are two places that have generally productive and non-toxic discussions about things that have really toxic fanbases elsewhere on the internet. Those are the two parts of the forum I'd really miss if SA went down.

That's not to minimize the toxicity that does seep though here in Fight Island but I think our mods are generally well intentioned and do their best. I would also like to apologize if I've ever contributed to that toxicity or made anyone uncomfortable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Both that written post and that video look like they were created at gunpoint. I'm... I'm just... Enjoy dynamite everyone

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DogsInSpace! posted:

You joke but that is how it felt to me too. Reminds me of that infamous last known pic of girl in black holding her hand defensively at the cameraman and that really makes me hope she's ok. gently caress that was....nope disturbing is still a perfect word for it.

Not one word of a joke. I felt ill watching that.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Re: B&R, this is the messaging from a CineD mod and I'm not sure if they speak for the whole mod team on this or what:

Franchescanado posted:

Breadnroses is a fringe forum that was made in response to CSPAM being purged back in November. I will not be joining it, and it is not at all involved in the plans of the future of SomethingAwful. The mods and admins have several ideas that are being worked on together, which has the goal of preserving SomethingAwful's current culture and subforums and maintaining the spirit of the forums. BreadNRoses is a reaction against SA, not in the spirit of. Feel free to join it if you want, but I will be announcing what the Mods and Admins are planning as soon as I can.

I did pay my tenbux to them but I hope this forum can excise Lowtax and keep on keepin on.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

CobiWann posted:

This all sucks. Wake me when I regenerate into Christopher Eccleston.

We regret to inform you that your request was misinterpreted and you will be reincarnated as Brian Christopher.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

what wrasslin move would you wish to see lowtax receive?

I'm thinking lionsault tombstone

Literally anything from Nia or Jinder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I always read it as 'don't poo poo up the thread with it' more than anything else, which is fine as long as there's an alternative place to hash it out.